SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SWISS SIG P210-8
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SWISS SIG P210-8 Login/Join 
Picture of BullBarrel
posted

...this one took a while to find. Together with P210-6S and P210-5LS, it is one of the last Swiss SIG P210 models.

Only a few hundred were made from 2000 until 2005 when the production of Swiss P210 SIGs ceased.

P210-8 is popular not only due to its extreme rarity but also because it has the re-designed safety and the magazine release moved from the bottom to the side of the frame.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BullBarrel,

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I am envious. Beautiful.

How big is the camera that takes such large pictures?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I am envious. Beautiful.

...bigger than my display screen. I'm going to have to pack a lunch and leave GPS waypoints the next time I decide to scroll through it. Wink

But a beautiful gun and spectacular pictures!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I am envious. Beautiful.

It was just a phone camera and pictures are actually shrunk to 1/2 of original size.
Sorry for the large pictures and that you have to scroll. This forum platform
is somewhat ancient....Pretty much all other forums shrink images automatically.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here they are from a smaller camera. Wink

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oh that is sexy as hell! Bravo!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
And what luck, 321122 is my all-time favorite number! It's destiny, I tell ya. Big Grin

Nicely done, I think. Hopefully it didn't drain your bank account by TOO much. I don't know what values are these days but there were some crazy-silly astronomical prices being paid at auction only 2-3 years ago for pristine P210-8s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful P210 visual treat.

So, what's the difference between this one and the P210-6S? They both have the heavy frame, side mounted mag catch, target rear sight. The rear sight and the safety on yours look different from the other Swiss P210s. Are they customized or factory original?

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
thats a factory rear sight?

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Sweeeet

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Definitely one of the most sought after P210s among collectors. Almost up there with the very rare forged Heavy Frame models from the 1970’s.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ke Bo Li:
thats a factory rear sight?

Absolutely

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Superb!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice gun!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Bull, that is a beautiful pistol and the ideal feature set on a P210 in my view.

HK Ag

Posts: 3491 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your beautiful pistol!

That’s the first Swiss P210 I’ve seen that doesn’t have a scratch on the frame where the safety detent pin travels over it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8837 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats on your beautiful pistol!

That’s the first Swiss P210 I’ve seen that doesn’t have a scratch on the frame where the safety detent pin travels over it.

It actually does have the 'scratch' Wink

It just shows or does not show as much depending on how the light hits it.
With Swiss P210s this is just a part of the design.. It does not concern me, because 'it is simply there'.
Interestingly, German and US-made P210s have a re-designed safety that leaves 'no scratch'.
However, collectors always try to find P210 guns that do not have the 'idiot scratch'....which is present
under the slide catch lever - just like with 1911s.
This is not an easy task while looking for guns from many decades ago (all the way back to late 1940s with p210s)

posted Hide Post
I would also like to know the difference between the 210-6S and the 210-8

Posts: 347 | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Another beautiful P210 visual treat.

So, what's the difference between this one and the P210-6S? They both have the heavy frame, side mounted mag catch, target rear sight. The rear sight and the safety on yours look different from the other Swiss P210s. Are they customized or factory original?

- LPA rear sight is factory on P210-8 that was done in collaboration with Leon Crottet.
- P210-8 was the first P210 with factory side mag release introduced in around 1999/2000
- in 2003 the last two models of P210s were P210-6S and P210-5LS. They both have the side mag catch.

However in both cases (6S and 5LS) the button is OVAL and does not protrude to the right side.
(Crottet's design in P210-8 is ROUND and protrudes to the left side)

Pictured here from top to bottom: P210-8, P210-5LS and P210-6S

In January of 2006 all production of all Swiss P210 was done. There are speculations/estimates that there
are around 200 210-6S and 200 210-5LS guns out there and with P210-8 production numbers, the rumors are even muddier.

Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

P210-5LS and P210-6S with a larger 'oval' button that resembles mag catch on the current SIG P-series production