SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Baseplate problem was owner ignorance…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Baseplate problem was owner ignorance… Login/Join 
Member
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
I was stupid and purchased Legion aluminum baseplates with round holes, and all six of my P320 magazines have rectangular hole baseplates.

I think I can swap the internal plate at the end of the spring?

If so, where can I find six of these at the best quality and cost?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,


-------
Trying to simplify my life...
 
Posts: 6299 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If they are the Sig plates, they are machined to use round or square pegs.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
These are Sig Legion plates, with Sig part numbers. The holes through the plate are round. And, I see now that Legion plates fit either round or rectangular plastic internal plate!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,


-------
Trying to simplify my life...
 
Posts: 6299 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R: I see now that Legion plates fit either round or rectangular plastic internal plate!


You mean that Sig has Squared the Circle, a geometrical exercise long considered impossible?
 
Posts: 3516 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Something is square. My head?


-------
Trying to simplify my life...
 
Posts: 6299 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yes you can change out the plate on the spring to a round peg. I always get mine on eBay and the spring plate and floor plate usually run around $15 for the pair....plus postage.
 
Posts: 21 | Location: Texas Hill Country  | Registered: November 30, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The problem went away, after I realized that the Sig Legion baseplates fit EITHER round or rectangular pegs.


-------
Trying to simplify my life...
 
Posts: 6299 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Baseplate problem was owner ignorance…

© SIGforum 2026