SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 SAS Slide Assembly Now Sold on the SIG Webstore!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 SAS Slide Assembly Now Sold on the SIG Webstore! Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Nice offering, but a disappointment in the pricing level.

What would a sight like that cost if available on its own?

Don't forget to add the cost of milling the slide.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Don't forget to add the cost of milling the slide.

Yes, I understand this is an integral piece and it's not just the sight that sets it apart from the standard slide. Just wondering what such a sight would cost.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks OP, you just cost me $268 shipped. Grrrr!

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Nice to see the non-ported option.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigsauerinc:
Hey all, SIG is selling the factory replacement P365 SAS Slide Assembly on the SIG SAUER Webstore! You can get it here;

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-slide-assembly.html

Just a couple things to note is the slide is for 9mm non-ported barrels only and it comes as the slide only! (barrel, and recoil assembly are not included)

Wow! Non-ported, YES!

Now only if the XL frame were available as a component...

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The next P365 variant will be the SAS NP. Mark my words. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26400 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Right now I am guessing I will wait until the P365 SAS Non Ported Manual Safety with a full Silver like finish is released. Until then I will suffer with my basic original P365 which I love.

I do not want to wind up with 3-4 variants.

And while a SAS version with a thumb safety makes little sense to some, I have been shooting for some 65 years now and never had pistol snag on side controls. Yes on front and rear sights, but no on the other controls.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EasyFire,

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the Sig store is out of stock on the sas slide. It was a big hit.

Posts: 24 | Location: Prattville, AL | Registered: December 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in favor of receiving official SIG information here (FWIW); it's convenient.

In this case, I'm not interested in replacing the slide on my stock P365 because that pistol is just perfect, right out of the case. I can't believe how accurate this pistol is and I am also a fan of the Xray sights, same as my P320X Compact.

Nice products; no complaints.

Posts: 24 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sig.

But this info would've helped more a few weeks ago before I brought my second 365, the SAS version.

Now ... if you intend to offer a P365 XL top end to fit my regular P365, please announce it here before I go and buy the new XL.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Products get announced when they get announced.

Announce them in advance, and then it’s the grown-ups’ version of the little kid asking, “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ….”

And that’s if the product is actually released on time. If not, the whining escalates exponentially. Worst of all, of course, is if the product is announced in advance but then there’s a problem with it when it is released: “Why didn’t you wait until you got it right‽” Announcing something in advance and then being stampeded into releasing it when promised but before the bugs are worked out is marketing madness.

If you don’t want to be stuck with something you bought too soon and before something better came along, don’t buy anything—ever.

(The complaint about not letting us know in advance may have been intended as a joke. If so, disregard all above. But a Wink would let us know it wasn’t to be taken seriously. Smile )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
esdunbar, you will kindly be polite to my guests. Why don't you try asking the OP a question if you have one?

One of my favorite parts of this forum is that everyone is treated equally. You don't ban folks for speaking their minds if they are respectful. I've seen people be critical of you as a mod and you showed restraint and were objective. You also call the BS of the "forum favorites" when needed too. I think you know I'm not a suck up, so I mean it when I say you are the best mod I've seen. Would you be okay if it were any other member posting adds about their products only? If they are a privileged status, ok, I yield. I likewise yeild if other companies advertise only and I've never noticed them doing it.

Objectively, I don't think Sig is being a contributing member by only stopping by here to sell their goods and I don't think it's rude to point that out. Folks can say "thanks for the info!" all they want, but that's not really info.

I was a hater on the 365, but I now carry the OG 365 or the XL daily. Heck, I even sung the praises of the MCX in the rifle section (and now own three of them). I'm not a mouth foaming Sig hater or anything.

One month as a member here and there only two posts are advertisements. I think I did ask them a question, albeit indirectly. So I will ask it more directly: Sig, would you please participate in this forum more? Specifically to answering questions and sharing things.

There is a rifle forum on the internet where a Sig employee is awesome! He will weigh various parts for members, asnwer questions, etc. For example, when the MCX Noctus was released as a Cabela's/Bass Pro exclusive he answered members questions re was the Noctus and the Virtus the same gun just different colors (The answer is yes by the way, and the Noctus comes with metal BUIS). I don't think there has been a question I have had about the MCX that I didn't find already answered by that Sig employee on that site. I'd love something similar here.

I think having your participation similar to that here would be fantastic. I don't recall the name of the gentleman who was a Sig employee who was in here over a decade ago, but he was awesome and missed.

ETA Specific question since I missed that it's not ported: Is that a change that will be made to all 365 SAS's or is it just for the slide assemblies?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of agent1138
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
Thanks Sig.

Now ... if you intend to offer a P365 XL top end to fit my regular P365, please announce it here before I go and buy the new XL.

YES!!! Sig, take my money!

Keep Calm and Carry Concealed

Posts: 677 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Me likey. Me wanty.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of agent1138
posted Hide Post
SAS kits are back in stock as of Saturday morning, 12/7.

Keep Calm and Carry Concealed

Posts: 677 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted a month or so ago about buying a new XL and a Hellcat. Both worked perfectly, but I kept feeling (really all it was-a feeling) I was stupid to sell my plain jane 365.

So, Straight Shoot, a huge chain of LGSs in Florida, had a big Black Friday Sale and I traded my Hellcat for another 365.

I took it to the range yesterday and, though I shoot the XL better than the standard 365, it worked perfectly and I shot it "okay."

I still got the hots for the SAS-at least want to try one. I can't find one locally to even fondle, let alone purchase.

I think they will offer the SAS non-ported fairly soon. Of course, my crystal ball rarely works (I've been watching for that Glock Carbine for some 20 years now-with no luck).

If I am wrong (again), then I'm gonna buy that SAS slide. But I know, if I rush in and order, within a few days, they'll have the NP SAS out for sale. Stuff like that always happens to me.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good news. I am glad they post here in the pistol section because I don't surf the classifieds that much. I say that because I am too weak when it comes to some of the deals in the classifieds and might buy a lot more than I need. I am sorry I missed out and didn't get a M400 upper last year when Sig had their sale.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As always, it seems that after a new product announcement, the key is to WAIT.

I bought an SAS, so now I have P365, P365XL, and SAS. The availability of SAS slides to retrofit "regular" P365's is a completely unexpected thing, but a great option to try out the sight concept at a lower cost. I might have opted to go this route instead of the full pistol had a I waited. Oh well, lesson learned.

But I think it's good that Sig has really taken to heart a reason for Glock's popularity is the availability and cost of spare and custom parts. So now Sig is selling all kinds of spare parts on the Sig Store (and through parts retailers) and offering "in house" custom parts - the P320 Legion Tungsten grip frame, P320 Pro slides, etc.

Sig's concept of "lego" guns has taken hold and is working to generate extra revenue, and give us customizable options that simply aren't available on other guns. Buy a P365 grip frame, customize it as you like (stippling, etc.) and if you don't like it or want to sell the pistol, throw an unmodified grip frame on there and you're good to go. Can't do that with a Glock....

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agent1138:
SAS kits are back in stock as of Saturday morning, 12/7.

Gee, thanks...you just cost me $249 plus tax! Why did you do that! LOL!

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Just received the 'back in stock' notification. Ordered.

OP: Thanks so much for the heads-up when this was released. Also, the stock notification subscriptions on your site is super easy. Thanks for that too! Kudos to your web team.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post