SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you do not shoot well
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you do not shoot well Login/Join 
Picture of wonner
posted Hide Post
Glock 44 (22LR). Either it is too light or I am too old, or both.

And so it goes...

Posts: 5 | Location: PA USA | Registered: October 18, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
German K98, have several and theyre have just such crappy sights, give me a Swed 96, or a K31 any day

Posts: 98 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a great shot. Need a gun that helps me shoot better. Several things throw me off.
1. Crappy sights. Love target sights. Every low profile sight has given me issues.
2. Crappy triggers. I have converted almost all pistols to SAO. Like 2 - 3 pound. Especially two stage.
3. Short barrels. Have never shot a gun with a 4” or lower barrel well. Do not shoot Commander size as well as Government. Read others who are proficient with both. Usually only shoot guns over 4 1/2”.
I have a low round count High Standard Sport King. Think 7 1/4” barrel, good trigger. Decent sights. It is super difficult for me to shoot well. Have an almost identical Browning Challenger. It almost has autocorrect. Both shoot about the same from a rest. Sub 1” at 50 yards.
I have dialed adjustable trigger on Browning to 2#. HS is 2.75#. But HS has fliers, Browning almost none. But if really concentrate on grip, hand pressure, finger placement, breathing, and trigger pull the High Standard shoots really well. Can see why there are so many High Standards at Camp Perry. Most of my target 22’s shoot as well with much less effort.
With one of the popular small striker or DAO guns I am hard on bullets and easy on targets.

Posts: 12 | Location: Houston | Registered: October 15, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P290RS (my first gun and first SIG) and P938.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the money set aside for the X-Macro. Decided to shoot a buddies. I couldn't hit with it. I shot the regular P365 WAY better... got some 17rd mags to carry with the little guy as spares and saved the cash.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
For me, it was the Glock 19X. I shoot the 19 well and want to love its slightly bigger brother, but I can’t.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Plain Cliff:
P290RS (my first gun and first SIG) and P938.

ahh, hopefully been able to check out any SIG Classics, hopefully you get your hands on a P226/P229/P220 someday, or bonus for a SP2022, I really like the out of box DA/SA trigger.

I have the P290RS and holy cow yea that trigger is long and bad.

My worst accuracy was with a friends S&W "SIGMA" SVE9 or something, that guns trigger was the worst of anything I've ever fired.

double down on long DA only triggers as being bad.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Sig P245. I'm so inconsistent and inaccurate that I thought surely something must be wrong with the gun.

Turns out that it's an absolute tack driver when my brother shoots it. There's just something about it that I can't handle. It feels ok in my hands, but that apparently doesn't translate to shooting well for me.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Any stock Glock.
I really need to work hard to get good groups. To be fair, I’ve never put the time into working with Glocks as I’ve preferred other brands with better out of the box triggers and more ergonomic grips that better fit my hands.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sig 245, Glock G45, have other Glocks and they are good to go, but that G45 couldn't get it on target ever.

Posts: 23510 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virtually all DA/SA guns. Especially HK DA/SA. The only exception is my Langdonized Beretta. I am a massive flinchies sufferer and I have to work way harder on a DA/SA gun for relatively poor performance.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've finally found a pistol that I can't hit a 12x12 inch target at 30 feet with. Well I did manage one hit, on the bottom of the paper. The pistol is an Astra 300 my father brought back from WWII. At an indoor range using readers to try and see the sights I just cannot see the sights at all. So, it's had it's function check so I'll clean the barrel and put it back into the depths of the safe.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I hate to admit this - my P220.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 17, any generation. Weird, because I shoot and like my Gen 5 Glock 34 just fine. I have no idea why. And the Sig 320. Standard frame, nope. Tried the X series, nope again.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Glock

I do not HATE Glucks. They are reasonably accurate and quite reliably

I just do not like them. I do not like the feel of the grip and I do not like not having a hammer

I will carry one when forced to but I will Never Own One

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can shoot most any handgun, but prefer smaller 9mms. The one that has been a bugger to me is the P365. I've had-as of today I think-7 in both the XL and standard size. Oh, yeah, had a SAS for about a day-hated everything about it.

I sold the last 365-my number 6-a few months ago and stuck with Glocks and Shadow Systems, but it's bugged me to no end that I read so many posts in various places about the wonderful P365.

So, I got another and, while I was at it, picked up a FN Reflex, which shot wonderfully for me the first time we saw the range together.

I have decided to work and work and work on the P365-not because I gotta carry one, but because I am frustrated that I'm not good with it. It's not shooting it slowly that is a problem, but drawing from the holster and hitting the center fairly quickly ain't so great with me. I "think" it's the grip on the standard sized one, coupled with my old timer's arthritis, but I wanna try one last time.

Bob

Posts: 1576 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320. I’ve tried several configurations and they just don’t work for me. I shoot the P365 and the classic series just fine. I would probably struggle to hit the broadside of a barn from the inside with a 320 though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sw4566,

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
For me it was a Glock 21…could not hit the broad side of a barn. Got a G30–not a problem. Already had a G19 and a bunch of SIGs…couldn’t explain why the G21 didn’t work for me

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
J frames.

I love them. Have several. Carried one as a backup for years and will still drop one in a pocket holster when I just need to run to the store or something quick and don’t feel like strapping something bigger on. My effective range with one is about 15 yards. I can keep all hits on a torso sized target past that, but I don’t seem to be in control of just where they land in that torso…

Combination of tiny sights, heavy trigger, and old eyes I think.

I’m also not a terribly good wing shooter with a shotgun. I want to aim instead of point and it slows me down. Totally my own failing, but since I don’t hunt birds or shoot skeet I’ve never really trained myself out of it.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post