SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you do not shoot well
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you do not shoot well Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
G48, I have a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn. Much better with a G19 though I absolutely hate the trigger.

92FS, just super inconsistent. Grip is comfortable but maybe just too fat but I haven't spent enough time behind one to know for sure.

Inconsistent with my X5 too if I lose focus, not as "easy" as my p365xl. I'm consistent with my P250 with the same grip module so its not that.

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much any revolvers in general. I'm apparently not a wheel gun guy, be it da or sa. Have several, but I've just accepted that I don't shoot them well at all. Push comes to shove, I'm probably reaching for a Glock, a 1911 or a third gen Smith. Likely in that order.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
For me..
M9 great gun, doesn’t work for me
S&W Sigma’s. Quick story
Local Cop shop had a field day when they came out to promote them. Yes it was a while back..
Had a board with balloons all over it, think fairgrounds and darts. Come try it!!
I know the guy running it fairy well, we have competed against each other, both decent.
I try S&W Sigma, five rounds aimed, NADA!
Ball busting occurs. I draw my HK M13 that I was carrying as a duty sidearm at the time. Five balloons disappeared very quickly

Some Guns fit you, some don’t

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Pretty much any revolvers in general. I'm apparently not a wheel gun guy, be it da or sa.

Also, this for me. That's why I no longer own any as of this writing.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DA/SA pistols and the SW 29.

Posts: 141 | Location: Fort Myers, FL , USA | Registered: March 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Glocks
I have tried several different models and just don't care for how they felt in my hand. I will admit I have only shot a few rounds out of borrowed guns, never owned one.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Pretty much any Glock. Frown

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1688 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I have a Thompson Center Contender with many barrels. I have a .35 Rem barrel and that is the most awkward caliber to shoot. After 3-4 rounds, I start cringing like a newbie. That and the 7mm-08 are the toughest rounds to shoot!!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks, specifically Glock 19. Strangely I can shoot lights out with a CZ P-10C.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Glocks / revolvers. Even after owning a couple of each, I just cant get used to the grip angle when drawing and firing. Not to say that there is anything wrong with them, they were definitely reliable and very accurate. I'm just used to, and more comfortable with taller grip angles (1911's) for drawing and quick firing.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Glock 19. It's just the wrong amount of small.

I tried to like that handgun but couldn't

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
A thread earlier this morning got me thinking about why I started this thread in the first place. I have taken shooting lessons/classes with about a half dozen or so instructors over the last 30 years. Sometimes, you get the “ah ha moment” and what the instructor tells you makes complete sense and everything clicks into place. For me that happened while taking a OpSpec class with Jerry. The concept of prepping a trigger and running a gun made sense. 20 years of inconsistently slapping my trigger around a course or range session made sense. So I believed him when he said “I could teach you how to shoot a Glock” and when he said “I can teach you how to shoot a red dot”.

With all that said, I have more productive rounds down range in the last 5 years than the 15 previous. I feel like I can pick up just about any handgun and shoot it faster and more proficiently than ever before. I successfully set out to master Glocks, red dots, and DA/SA guns. Along the way I gained an appreciation for what Grayguns, Cajun Gun Works, Langdon Tactical, and Apex Tactical can do to a trigger system in many cases with drop in parts. My goal is tightly clustered A zone hits at combat distances.

So while I believe a good trigger and good practice can make someone shoot any gun proficiently well, the Beretta M9/92FS and the HK USP9SD Tactical continue to humble me and attempt to disprove the above theory. These two guns drive me nuts!

There were a lot of expected answers, but also as many surprises seemingly as baffling as my own.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dking271,

Posts: 2961 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first concealed carry gun was a P250 Subcompact and while I could hit the target, I was not what I would consider accurate. I could shoot it's bigger brother the FS satisfactorily, but the smaller size & DAO trigger combined to make my targets appear more like a shotgun outing. Once I got the P365 it went back in the safe. My son purchased a Wilson Combat grip for his P365 and convinced me to get one for the P250 Subcompact. Whoa - it was like a different gun - all of a sudden I was putting ragged holes where I wanted. It still gets too much safe-time, but responding to this post reminded me to take it out the next range trip.

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Glocks. Small S&W pocket revolvers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My former duty weapon: The S&W 4043. Its DAO. And awful.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I really wanted to like the P365, but wow, I just don’t shoot that well.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost anything smaller than a Glock 19 sized pistol. I have a tendency to pull left on small (read 365’s Hellcats, etc) guns, and yes, this can be trained out by practice, but in a (god forbid) stress situation, I want something that I don’t have to think about. Just my 2 cents.

My main carry is a Wilson EDC9 or a Bul Sas ul2

Posts: 8 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
9×18mm Makarov followed closely by the Beretta Cheetah. The best place for a bad guy to hide if I'm presenting one of these guns is right in front of me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Classic Sig P-almost-anything. Beretta 92/M9. Basically any full size DA/SA pistol, and most compacts. My hands are just too small to maintain a good SA grip and still manage the DA trigger pull. I have to shift the gun around in my hand to get the first shot off, then back again for the rest. I owned, at various times, an M9, a P-220, P-245, P-228, P-232. The 232 was the only one I could shoot worth a damn. I absolutely loved that P-228, I just couldn't shoot it. I finally gave up and sold them all. Add the G-21 to that list too - not DA/SA, just toooooooo damn big.

I'm a 1911 guy. I'm not a Glock hater, I owned a G-21 for a while. My regular shooting buddy is a Glock guy and kept trying to convert me, but the way they fit in my hand forced me to adjust my wrist angle to get the sights to align. Now if I was shooting Glocks exclusively, or even mostly, that's something that would have resolved itself fairly quickly. I didn't do it because I was already invested in 1911s. I do have one Polymer-80 G-19 equivalent that shoots reasonably well for me. I'm occasionally tempted to pick up a Gen 5 G-19 or -17, but as much as I shoot handguns anymore I just can't justify it. I'm also a .45 guy more than a 9mm guy, but that's a discussion for a different thread. Big Grin

[ETA] I did at one point own a P-220 SAO, and it shot reasonably well for me. But the trigger was heavier than those on any of my 1911s, so it went away to fund something else. That said, if I came across a good deal on one (or a 229 or 226 SAO), I wouldn't be adverse to jumping on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it says Glock on the slide . . .

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post