SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back up weapon?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back up weapon? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
No bug currently; just 2-3 knives on me usually.

Often w/ GSDs too. In our cars (and elsewhere) there is plenty of fox OC spray.

Layers …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seecamp .32 or M60 .38 2". Primary is a Compact Sig or Glock in either .40 or 9mm with two spare mags. Plus Benchmade folding knife.

I'm not in the Coast Guard, but have always subscribed to their motto: "Semper Paratus". Grew up two miles away from the U.S.C.G. Academy.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCP Custom here.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rarely now.
Back when I did, it was a 442 or 340PD in the waistband, then it was a G-30 (G-21 was my primary).

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P380

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NAA.22LR or P380

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
My swinging cod. Razz

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't always carry a BUG, but when I do, it's a Ruger LCP, right front pocket, in a Mika pocket holster. My purpose may be a little different than you're thinking of. My reasoning is that if I'm in a situation that is suspicious but doesn't quite justify going to my belt gun, I can have my hand appearing to be casually in my pocket, but it's wrapped around the Ruger, ready to draw if needed. If the seven .380 hollow-points don't do the job, then I can go to the main gun (usually a SIG P320, carried IWB appendix). Put another way, it's a "little gun to fight my way to the big gun." Of course, you know what they say about plans surviving first contact with the enemy.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Fixed blade knife. Automatic opening folding knife.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
I keep an expandable baton, razor knife & multi tool in the door pouch of my car..
Usually keep a 9mm on me most of the time = Glock 43X, M&P Shield 2.0 or Springfield Hellcat OSP
Snub Nose 38 & 357 always get left at home
Never leave a gun in my car either EVER!

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
Being retired my primary is usually a J frame in the strong side pocket. I often have a second J frame or a 365 in the off hand cargo pocket.

Keep your weapon handy, live free and prosper.

Posts: 814 | Location: Orlando and Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: April 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Once I stopped being an LEO way back when, I've carried only one pistol.

I don't count my 3" Spyderco as a back up weapon.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Did it for a while once upon a time across three different BUGs over a period of about 5 years, switching from one to the next when I found enough things to dislike about the prior gun. Ultimately I wound up asking myself WTF was I doing and just simplified my carrying life.

One gun, and maybe a spare magazine or two if a perceived need arises. Still have a knife I suppose, if the situation somehow strangely came down to that.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger .327 Federal Magnum with .32 H&R Magnum in it, Federal hollow point self-defense ammo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 42 or a S&W snubbed nosed with hollow based wadcutters

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P 340

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my 35 years as a cop, I don't believe I worked a day in uniform without my Colt Cobra .38 in an ankle holster. After auto pistols came in vogue, I did briefly try a G26 in an ankle holster. However, it was a little heavy and uncomfortable compared to the snub, and I ended up taking it off after about 8 hours into a 12 hour shift. I soon went back to the trusty revolver. It might have been different if there was a P365 back then.

Posts: 79 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, typically a P229 as a backup for my rifle. Wink

But if we're talking a backup of the backup, I rarely have that these days. Used to be a LCP or P3AT.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of that scene on the Tom Cruise Jack Reacher movie where she asks him to put on a shirt and he replies "this is my shirt" as he wrings it out and hangs it up.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes known as a NY reload. NYPD stake out teams would carry as many as four revolvers along with 12ga pump action shotguns for anticipated social encounters with violent criminals robbing stores.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post