SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back up weapon?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back up weapon? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Do you carry any kind of back up weapon? If so, what is it?

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Glock G42

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Only time that I have carried a BUG was while on duty, always a J frame snubby - different models over the years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
sig p365 right now.
waiting for my glock 42 to come in

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I can’t in NM; you are only allowed to carry one. Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On duty: A snub or a P230. Either on my ankle or on a vest holster.
Now: Rarely, if ever. LCR or G26 if I do.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I was a cop I carried a S&W 60 in 38Spcl on a ankle holster. Now I’m retired I carry a 1911 commander and a spyder co endura, no BUG.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Duty:

642 left front pocket

Off Duty:

LCP left front pocket

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently started carrying a p938 as a bug

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
S&W 640 Pro in a pocket these days. Small footprint, big punch, with sights I can see in the dark.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On duty, H&K P30sk replaced my 642 and P290. Carried in G&G Bootlock.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AZnine
posted Hide Post
Glock 42

Posts: 163 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: June 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Glock 43

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Glock 42

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Generally no. If I do, it is a knife.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Emerson Karambit. Combat or Super. Always.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pair of ESEE 3

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I typically carry a NAA mini revolver in .22 mag as a BUG.

If I want something beefier it’s a S&W M&P j-frame.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Not often but when I do, it's a P3AT

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past my backup was a J-frame revolver.

These days it is a Glock 42.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post