SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock26…your thoughts???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock26…your thoughts??? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Yes. Valuable information regarding which generation of Glock26 has/ had the problem. I say or rather ask "had" because I know Magpul has a brief problem with their G19 magazines which they resolved. Any such changes that have occurred or are pending with the G26 as I thought they addressed this.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...glock-magazines/amp/

^^^^
G5 not out at the time of this review?

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i need to get one of these...

-------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve got 2 26s, 2 27s and a 33. Never a problem from any. The grip is a little short for me but the size and capacity are compelling.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Any other suggestions for AIWB holsters?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:

Based on your other AIWB thread, I have different preferences for junk carry holster designs than you so I won't go into the makers etc. My only opinion, that extends to all short barreled guns, is to use a longer AIWB holster for a better stability.
A gen 4 G26 with RMR is my carry; I use a G19 AIWB rig.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:

Based on your other AIWB thread, I have different preferences for junk carry holster designs than you so I won't go into the makers etc. My only opinion, that extends to all short barreled guns, is to use a longer AIWB holster for a better stability.
A gen 4 G26 with RMR is my carry; I use a G19 AIWB rig.

I actually have a G19 AIWB holster that I really like...I'll do that. Thanks!

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I have the Glock 43, a 43X, and a couple of G19.5’s. I love the 43 for concealment but wish it had more capacity. The 43X just has a freakish long grip. I’m exploring getting a 26.3 for my next CCW piece. It’s on our states roster so there’s less drama getting one.

Who carries one? Anyone have any other thoughts?

The G27 I bought in 2002 ran flawlessly, but was just not my cup of tea. (Not sure whether that would be Gen3, or “Gen2.5”) I liked my Gen4 G26 much better, having acquired it when I started carrying a G17 duty pistol, in 2015. I sold that G26 to one of my recent former rookies, shortly before I retired, as any 9mm Glock with a grip smaller than a G17 had started injuring my aging right hand*. I soon realized, however, that a G26 fills a niche like no other pistol can, so, I just bought myself a brand new Gen3 G26, which I will shoot almost exclusively with my healthier left hand.

I specifically shopped for a pre-Gen5 G26, because I had some excellent holsters for the G26, that might not work with the Gen5’s “ambidextrous” slide manipulation lever. Plus, that lever gets in my way, when shooting two-handed lefty.

*Any handgun grip that does not make solid contact with the “heel bone” area of my right hand, is now an unhealthy match for right-handed shooting.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
You can always dremel off the the opposite side ambi lever. Just grind off the vertical tab so that the horizontal tab is still present to engage the slide lockup, but no thumb tab.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
You can always dremel off the the opposite side ambi lever. Just grind off the vertical tab so that the horizontal tab is still present to engage the slide lockup, but no thumb tab.

On the ambi Glock levers, only the left side slide stop lever interfaces with the pistol. If you push up on the right side lever, it’s still the left side lever that is interfacing with the slide. The right side lover is thus really useless and pointless for a right handed shooter. I contemplated cutting the right side lever off but found that it never has been a problem and thus I just leave it alone.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So I went and did it... bought a G26.3...

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
“Ugly lil’ spud isn’t he.” Smile :P

I am sure you will love it and you will be amazed at how accurate those itty bitty Glocks can be.

Enjoy it in good health.

Take care, shoot safe.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The G26 is the Glock that I wish I had. Update: I found a perfect used Gen 3 in November of 2021. I love it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Texas Bob C.,

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the 26 but wish it had a light rail.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’ve been shooting the 26 for a couple of months now. On occasion, I can clean Dot Torture at 10 yards. Usually I throw one or two weak handed.

As far as par times on standardized drills, it runs close enough to margin of error going head to head with the G19. I used to think there was a great gap between the two due to size, grip length, blah blah, but the numbers just don’t lie. The 26s slide just moves to fast that it cycles and the sights are back on quick. The only real drawback is reloading the gun. It takes me almost 2.5 seconds shot to shot on a slide lock reload. The 19 is around 1.5

That’s apples to apples with irons. I have never shot a 26 with a RMR. Yet.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37080 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DocCasualty
posted Hide Post
Best carry gun ever. G26.3 since 2003. No mag extension as it’s more accurate and concealable for me with flush mags. Really like the Vedder LightTuck IWB.

Best I can figure is those who don’t like it is either because of their hand size or how they grip a pistol. OP should try it first before buying if possible.

---------------------

NRA Life Member

Posts: 86 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So after owning and carrying the G26 for a few weeks.

Pro’s - the gun just feels solid in the hand and shoots easier than my 43. I can use my G19 mags, and it’s on my states stupid roster.

Cons - it’s harder to conceal than my 43, and is heavier. You need to have a good holster / belt.

Overall - I find my 43 is staying in the safe a lot. This gun carries like a 19 but I’m finding it’s heavier weight is becoming less noticeable. I have as little as 10 up to 12 round magazines that’s still readily concealable. I hopefully will never need that level of firepower off duty but it’s comforting to have it there.

My last thought - why didn’t I get this gun earlier?

posted Hide Post
Incidentally, I made this video today after reading on another forum that G26 and such had too short of a sight radius for long shots.

I looked at mine and asked "what's sight radius" but then turned the dot off and shot a couple with just irons. That draw, though.... Roll Eyes
Maybe I need to actually practice with my carry gun once a year or something,

https://youtu.be/FGU5THgKLv0

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the pre-365 SCs are clunky chunky by comparison. Sold all my G26/P224 when I got the 365s.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I didn't get along with the G26 until the Gen5. The lack of finger grooves and grip texturing made it a real pleasure to shoot.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Challer:
All the pre-365 SCs are clunky chunky by comparison. Sold all my G26/P224 when I got the 365s.

I actually like the added heft for shooting. If I want something thinner then my G43 will do.