SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock26…your thoughts???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock26…your thoughts??? Login/Join 
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I had a G26 Gen 4, but never warmed up to it. I have 2 G19, a G45 and a G48

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
Maybe I need to actually practice with my carry gun once a year or something,

That is crazy talk. The easiest way to learn Dodgeball is to play Dodgeball.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
Maybe I need to actually practice with my carry gun once a year or something,

That is crazy talk. The easiest way to learn Dodgeball is to play Dodgeball.

My time on the same shot with iron sighted Shadow 2, Bladetech, and 9 lbs DA trigger clicked between 1.67 and 1.83.
Those shots outta appendix with a dot and sub-5.0 trigger Glock were about 2.4. That wasn't as embarrassing as the amount of lint on that front sight. Fortunately, I was alone...

Obvious conclusion: I need to forget that CCW pretense and just open carry the Shadow Big Grin Big Grin

Not enough time for everything, not enough time.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Have you ever ran apples to apples with a G17 or 34? To see what your times are?

The numbers don’t lie when you throw in the timer. And figuring out the why always fascinated me.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, not with those. I don't have any full size Glocks. Glocks are the defensive guns for me and I can barely conceal a G19 to my concealment requirements.
I love figuring small things out too; maybe one day I'll get enough time to play with G26 vs G19. There is a dude who I consider a pretty decent authority on G26 technical shooting; he reported 10+% performance reduction vs G34.

The only recent comparison that I have done was G26 vs G43x/G48. I didn't write the numbers down but the outcome was very little difference in peak-to-peak numbers but higher consistency for G26.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Numbers don’t lie. I really dig that kind of data.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
I love the G26. I have fat hands and have problems with the little skinny sized grips on subcompact pistols that are the rage these days. Plus, you can carry the full size mags for backup.

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post