SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock26…your thoughts???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock26…your thoughts??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I will check them out.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will sing with the choir the praises of the G26. It is reliable, accurate, and will accept any Glock double stack mag. For most folks, it shoots the same or better as the full size guns. If the pinky hang bothers you, just use the 12 round mag.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So for my shopping list..,,

-Pearce +O extensions to put on the factory mags for those non permissive locations
-2- Magpul 12 round mags
-Ameriglo night sights
-AIWB holster (my G19 ones will work in a pinch…..

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
So for my shopping list..

-2- Magpul 12 round mags

You may want to consider using the G26 OEM 12 rounders instead. Yes, they're more than twice the price of the Magpul, but you should take a look at this:

Premature slide locking, not attributable to thumbs hitting the slide release.

Demonstrated at the 12 minute mark

This gent had the same issues. Go to the 7 minute mark to hear his theory as to what is occurring to cause the slide lock. What he's suggesting could explain why some shooters have this issue and some do not- we all grip pistols in our own way.

Some members here have stated that they have had no such issues with the gen G26/Magpul 12 rounder combo, but you can see from the above videos that this is not an isolated incident.

In the comments section of that second video, I found this comment by the publisher:
quote:
I called Magpul, and they stated that they have seen it before in certain instances and attributed it to tolerance stacking. They advised I should file down one corner of the magazine body and then bend the slide lock tab on my gun. They were nice about it and offered to replace the magazines if the DIY mods didn't work. That said, I still won't have confidence in them enough to carry them and it appears the entire body is probably due for a redesign.
And this as well:
quote:
I, too, called them about these mags. I bought them after seeing a similar vid about these mags not working with gen 5 g26 models. So, I knew what I was getting into. They're fine for range practice, if you're shooting slow. However, the very first double-tap drill I ran, failure to feed/slide locked back with 10 rounds left in the mag. I contacted Magpul and they replaced the mag, but the same issue happened again. At this point its a definite design flaw for gen 5's. I believe it's due to the dual slide release interfering with the magazine? Anyway, I told the rep at magpul that it should Really be redesigned because I LOVE the mags themselves, just wish they would work reliably for self defense situations

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ddown
posted Hide Post
Mines on my left right now. Gen5 G26 147 gr sig HP

Posts: 17 | Location: MI | Registered: February 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
My 2006 production Gen3 G26 works perfectly with any OEM Glock mag.

I bought two Magpul 12 rounders and neither would function properly.

It's anecdotal with a small sample size; however, I've heard the same thing from too many folks not to for it to be a coincidence.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4191 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Regarding Magpul 12 round Glock Mags, like everything - try them out. If they work great, if not - in the garbage (its not like they cost a lot of $$)

I have used them in my Gen 3 grip reduction 26 for several years now - no problem. My dad has used them in his Gen 4 Glock 26 - no problem, but not a lot of rounds through them (probably 300-400 or so). My friend uses them exclusively in his early version Gen 5 26 (no front serrations model), he prefers the finger extension on these to any other ones on the market.

My wife doesnt like the extension on them, she only uses 10 round 26 mags with a Pearce +0 (original type) extension.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had no issues with magpul mags in any of my Glocks, including the G26's.

That said, for carry, I put original glock magazines in the pistol, and carry them for spares. The magpul magazines are for training and play.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I used magpul mags in my 26 for 2 years up and down east africa and never had one fail. Shrug. Results vary, i guess.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Mapuls have been +++ in my 26.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, as you can see, Magpul admitted to the issue and said it was due to tolerance stacking. I wouldn't use the Magpul G26 magazines for defensive use except as a last resort and, again, this issue is specific to the gen5 G26.

posted Hide Post
In my Gen3 G26, the Magpul 12’s have been faultless, and are my preferred carry mags.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
G26 really shines with Glock 19 mags & Xgrip mag sleeves.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amd6547:
In my Gen3 G26, the Magpul 12’s have been faultless, and are my preferred carry mags.
Are my posts not being read?

Once again, this issue is specific to the gen5 G26.

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by amd6547:
Are my posts not being read?

Once again, this issue is specific to the gen5 G26.

As some have mentioned - for the cost of the pmag it’s worth trying.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not in my book

The first rule of fireams is not "Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction." The first rule of firearms is "It's gotta go 'bang'."

We are talking about firearms made specifically for defense. Functional reliability is paramount. You take your new G26 and PMags to the range and shoot, say, two hundred rounds through each of your PMags, then call it good. And out there on the street, on round number 202, the issue shows itself. No way am I taking that gamble.

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not in my book

The first rule of fireams is not "Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction." The first rule of firearms is "It's gotta go 'bang'."

We are talking about firearms made specifically for defense. Functional reliability is paramount. You take your new G26 and PMags to the range and shoot, say, two hundred rounds through each of your PMags, then call it good. And out there on the street, on round number 202, the issue shows itself. No way am I taking that gamble.

Point taken. I feel the same way. I must have misunderstood that the issues were only with Gen 5 guns. If they won't work with my Gen 3 gun reliably why bother...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The issue is only with gen5 pistols. I'm the one who misunderstood. I thought we were talking about gen5s.

The issue stems from mag body contact with the right side slide release lever, which is not present on pistols other than gen5s.

I understand now why members kept mention PMag reliabilty with ge3 or 4 pistols. My apologies for the confusion.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
The issue is only with gen5 pistols. I'm the one who misunderstood. I thought we were talking about gen5s.

The issue stems from mag body contact with the right side slide release lever, which is not present on pistols other than gen5s.

I understand now why members kept mention PMag reliabilty with ge3 or 4 pistols. My apologies for the confusion.

Explains why it was fine for me. We run gen5 19 and 17 but gen 4 26’s.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This is all very good info. My office partner carries a G26 backup everyday religiously. But, it’s a gen 3 and loves his magpul mags.

My next Glock will be a G26 and I wanted a gen 5. I’m glad to know about this issue ahead of time.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post