SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock26…your thoughts???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock26…your thoughts??? Login/Join 
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
G-26 is my primary off-duty carry. Very easy to carry and conceal. My wife liked shooting it so much, she bought her own G-26.....so she could stop shooting mine!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Gen 2 G26, and like a fool I sold it. I replaced it a few years later with a Gen 5, which is good but seems to slap my pinkie finger in a weird way if my grip is even a little bit sloppy. The Gen 3 never did that -- maybe due to the finger grooves?

Anyway, I've never had a hiccup with either pistol. It's a great one to have in your collection.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
My daily carry is a 26. Slap a Model 19 mag in it and roll.I carry mine at 3:30 OWB under a shirt. Great all round carry.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting and carrying either a 26 or a 27 for years, and even in this age of the new "Micro Nines" I still feel the Glock is King of Carry Guns.

As many have pointed out, the benefits of easy disassembly (down to the frame), accuracy, reliability, and aftermarket parts makes this small Glock platform a winner.

I shoot the 26 with the flush magazine and see no impediment to my draw stroke or accuracy.
I shoot the 27 using the Pearce grip baseplate since I found (for me) it eliminates the extra snap of hot .40 loads and regripping between shots. The extra pinky pressure that the Pearce baceplate helps with that.

I've had Gen3's and Gen4's of both and shot the living hell out of them with zero issues. Now my current is a Gen4 27 and a Gen5 26.

I really find the Gen5 guns superior in the trigger, and lack of finger grooves.

I have Trijicon HD-XR sights on every Glock I own, as well as Talon Grips.

I use either a Zorn IWB appendix, or the well used Crossbreed.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No thanks to the finger grooves on a smallish pistol.

Its fine without them.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G26 was an outstanding innovation when it first came out, and it's no less now. I own several. It's really hard not to like the G26.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm in the minority, in that I could never warm up to the G26. I'm a big fan of the G17/G19 and the G21/G30, but the G26 just didn't do it for me, despite me trying to make it work for many years. I ended up ditching the G26 a few years back.

A combination of the abbreviated grip and the higher-than-usual rear grip swell/hump meant I easily shot it the worst out of all my various Glocks (with the exception of the G36 that I tried very briefly before swiftly ditching).

Luckily, I'm a big enough guy that I don't find the mid-sized G19/P320C/etc. guns to be any harder to carry than the G26.

And when I need something smaller, I have the P365 available, which is superior to the G26 in a number of ways (size, trigger, shootability, etc.)

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
So I have the Glock 43, a 43X, and a couple of G19.5’s. I love the 43 for concealment but wish it had more capacity. The 43X just has a freakish long grip. I’m exploring getting a 26.3 for my next CCW piece. It’s on our states roster so there’s less drama getting one.

Who carries one? Anyone have any other thoughts?

Imo the p365XL makes anything smaller than a g17 irrelevant.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife made the switch to the Glock 26 back in Dec 2006. Its been her EDC gun since then. Carries it daily in a FIST ultra-thin IWB kydex holster with a spare mag in a Comp Tac single mag pouch. She will tell anyone that wants to know that the reason she is still carrying the 26 is that it is the smallest 9mm that still shoots/handles like a full size gun.

I have never been a fan of the 26 - have never liked the rear grip hump, but a couple of years back I stumbled on a used Gen 3 26 that had a grip reduction and stippling job at my local indoor range's used counter. They have a policy that one can rent a used gun and try it out, if you like it - the rental price it taken off the purchase price. So I did - first and only 26 that I have ever really liked, the grip fit me perfectly.

The only Glock that I currently own is that 26 - so, the Glock model that I have never liked, is the only one that I still have. Life is funny sometimes.

I should add that my wife also has a spare 26, so we have three in the house at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Well I went and did it. Did a trade in on a revolver I had - and the rest is history. Now I just wait my 10-days for it to get out of jail…

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Rent a P365 and see if you like it.

If the G26 has a big negative it's its width. If you can live with that, you'd be fine. But the P365 does everything the G26 can do as a carry gun, but seems easier to carry, since it's narrower.

quote:
So I have the Glock 43, a 43X, and a couple of G19.5’s. I love the 43 for concealment but wish it had more capacity. The 43X just has a freakish long grip. I’m exploring getting a 26.3 for my next CCW piece. It’s on our states roster so there’s less drama getting one.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t have big hands at all. That said the P365 and some of the super small/thin offerings while absolutely wonderful advancements of the breed and for carry, just don’t seem to feel/shoot as well as something with a little more meat/size.

I mean I am not really the market per say as I sort of settled into that traditional “compact” size of the G19/P2000/PCR/P01/P229/etc. etc. as my sweet spot.

The G26 with a flush grip always felt a bit awkward to me but I always shot it well. I am not a YUGE!!! Glock guy or anything so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Rent a P365 and see if you like it.

If the G26 has a big negative it's its width. If you can live with that, you'd be fine. But the P365 does everything the G26 can do as a carry gun, but seems easier to carry, since it's narrower.

quote:

Tried the 365...just not my cup of tea...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Great gun, in 1997.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I've been shooting and carrying either a 26 or a 27 for years, and even in this age of the new "Micro Nines" I still feel the Glock is King of Carry Guns.
How's that Georgia-produced G26? I'm sure it functions just as it should. Notice any differences at all between it and pistols made with Austrian parts?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
How's that Georgia-produced G26? I'm sure it functions just as it should. Notice any differences at all between it and pistols made with Austrian parts?

One of my issued guns was a G19M from Georgia. I was the second guy to get it, and I put about 20k on it. It was as good as any of my Austrians I had previously. We had a run with some bad rear sight cuts, but Glock took care of it for us quickly.

unrelated- My sigs were another story. I turned in a P228, and rather than getting the P228R we could have, we ended up getting P229R's. the 228's were German, the 229's were out of NH. We had nothing but problems with them. I had more stoppages on that gun than any other platform I had ever been issued or bought. We had tolerances so shitty, you could watch the rear of the rear of slide lift as the trigger mechanism functioned the firing pin safety block.

The p226's that were not on the NSW specific contract were the same.

I'm a sample size of one, but in my experience, the Swiss and German made sigs were all amazing over the years. The US made ones were good as long as they were made to a specific DOD contract with stipulated tolerances and reliability testing requirements. The times we sourced COTS guns off the shelf from sig that were NH made, they were all prone to failure, and Sig refused to service them on account of "not having a contract" with them. Granted that info is better part of 10yrs old, so things may have changed. Only sig ive bought in the last couple years is the 365xl and I like it well.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pistol I have used the Gen 5 26 as my backup gun on duty...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, GCE61! Who made that knife?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Funny you ask, because I compared that Georgia g26 against my Austria g19 (BHCZ) and Austria g34 (BHPG) SN#’s.
Honestly very little to no difference between them. But I actually feel that the g26 had a slightly crisper trigger of the three.

I put on the Trijicon sights and regulated POI and the gun performs wonderfully.
I shoot it on knockdown steel matches and it’s a hoot!!

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hey, GCE61! Who made that knife?

ColonelBlades made it, but it’s gonna be tough to find since I believe they are discontinued.
There are 3 models, two fixed blades and a folder. I have all three and they are a hell of a knife to train with.

Sorry for the thread drift OP…
https://youtu.be/FqeMBFaRoQY