SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Two sequential numbered P228s born days apart and in completely different configurations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two sequential numbered P228s born days apart and in completely different configurations Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
I was just passing through the Classifieds the other day and saw a 1997 P228 that Jeff Yarchin sold. Although most of my P228s are gone, I'm still interested in trivial P228 factoids, so I asked him permission to save his pics. Little did I realize I stumbled on some new factoid. Fascinating, Captain. Big Grin

Jeff's P228: Serial # B336288; Part Number: E28-9-BSS - Typical regular folded carbon steel slide gun with SIGLITE, with a BD of Sept 17, 2007.

Mine: Serial # B336287; Part Number: E28-9-SP - This is the stainless slide NJSP gun that SIG only made 2 samples of in Sept 21, 2007. I discussed it in details in this thread. The whereabouts of the other NJSP gun is unknown. If I had to guess, its serial # would be B336286.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HarrysAllOut
posted Hide Post
It's funny that 288 (9/17) is dated before the 287 (9/21). You would think it would be the other way around.

Posts: 283 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I guess the Special one needed more fondling before they gave birth. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Silly question, but is that a P229 slide or a P228 slide with half serrations?

Distinction without a difference?

Disregard, read your original linked thread.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not silly. It is the P229 Legacy slide. But, if you read the other thread, you'll realize why they did what they did.

Q

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Beat me to my edit Smile just read it.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love these bits of SIG history, both this thread and the earlier NJSP “228” one.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very interesting.

Thank you as always, for sharing the data and pics with us.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Very cool history!

Who'd of thunk that these pistols, even in their differing configurations, would be owned by prominent members of the forum? Pretty awesome, IMO.

Thanks for the research, and sharing it Q.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Although most of my P228s are gone

Say what? I remember a picture of a pinwheel of P228's. It's been a while since I've seen your pics of your P228's, but I seem to remember 35+ P228s in your collection.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:

Say what? I remember a picture of a pinwheel of P228's. It's been a while since I've seen your pics of your P228's, but I seem to remember 35+ P228s in your collection.

That line caught me off guard as well.
I recall the pinwheel & the P228 spelled out in P228s.
But, he does have a habit of gifting them away, to the benefit of many members here.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:

That line caught me off guard as well.
I recall the pinwheel & the P228 spelled out in P228s.
But, he does have a habit of gifting them away, to the benefit of many members here.

Indeed, I was stunned by that bit of text as well. When did this happen, and what brought this on?

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Collection goal pretty much achieved. What was I going to do with a ton of P228s? Sold many. Karma'ed many. Still have the most valuable ones at the moment, though. Cool

Q