SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’s your ccw choice?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your ccw choice? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The largest gun I can comfortably conceal.

Outside the waistband: Sig P320 Xcompact or Sig P320 Xcarry.

Inside the waistband: Glock 43x or Sig P365x

Pocket: Kahr PM9

Fire fears me, Women love me!

Posts: 83 | Location: York, PA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I've switched over from a Glock 26 to a G19 full time for the past 2 years since the last time I posted in this thread.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
IO have always carried my G19, but I just bought a G43X, so once I've fired it a little, it will take over concealed carry.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Depending on where I am going(sometimes two pistols if area is shady enough) and what I am wearing:

1. Glock 19
2. Glock 43x
3. Glock 43 (ankle holster)
4 Short barrel revolver either Kimber or S&W (all with shrouded hammers)
5. Sig 229DAK in .357Sig. Very seldom but it is on the list. I actually like the DAK system when shooting .40 true power loads or .357sig. The breaks between shoots are just a touch longer but that allows me to get back on target and acquire sight alignment.

Notice all are "plug and play": draw, acquire sight alignment and pull trigger. No de-cockers, no safeties.

I carry different ways: Inside Waistband, Outside Waistband, ankle holster, fanny pack (when working out), or Hill People Chest rig with hiking or dog training.

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted Hide Post
SA XDs 9 mm with red dot sight. In a remora holster. Appendix carry.

Kahr P380 with pocket holster

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Convenience wins the day.

Being able to grab it and drop it in the pocket makes the LCP my most carried choice.

Started with the original LCP and now have jumped onboard with 13 rounds in the LCP Max with an Alabama front pocket holster. .

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In town/etc it's a P365 or P365XL RZ.

In the woods/mountains it's a G29.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
LCP Max 380, just picked it up this past weekend, to replace the LCPII. More capacity, still light and fits in my pocket holster same as the other LCP...

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep trying to get excited for the Micro9s but somehow the Roland Special keeps sliding into a IWB on my hip. I do like my Hellcat for pocket duty if I'm doing something where IWB is too much. I recently picked up a P365XL and I'm planning on running a comp, light and dot on that so maybe like a Skinny Roland? Not saying its for everyone but for my uses and environment its hard to beat the G19.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
For trips to the store I carry my Shield. For travel, a trip downtown, or serious duty I carry the G19.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My current carry choices are a HK P30sk and a Beretta Px4 Storm compact. I use a RGrizzle City Slickers for the holsters. Both conceal really well for a double stack.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost chose “.38 S&W Snubbie(or similar)” in the poll, because a larger revolver is more-or-less “similar,” but then I decided to choose “Other.” If I carry a .38 snub-gun, it is an S&W K-Frame. More often, I carry a Ruger Speed Six or GP100, or other larger-frame revolver. “Other” seemed to be the better answer, because “.38 S&W Snubbie(or similar)” implies a smaller-frame revolver, and, the revolvers that I actually carry, most often, have barrels longer than 2”.

The next question, regarding what I “prefer,” is not so simple. Obviously I would prefer to carry the smallest possible weapon, as weight and bulk, in a carry weapon, can be inconvenient, or fatiguing. In my hot, humid local climate, concealing anything larger than a pocket pistol requires some amount of commitment and dedication to the task. If I could disregard the practical necessity for concealment, and did not mind carrying the weight, well, then, I would prefer to carry the handgun with the best accuracy potential, in my hands. Why would I want anything less, if a critical incident were to occur? Well, as indicated, in my above paragraph, I normally carry medium- to large-frame revolvers, which are, in the full-size category.

Small/compact guns, that fire service/duty cartridges, are no longer kind to my aging hands. This influenced my poll choices. I stopped the routine use of J-Frame .38 revolvers, for example, almost two decades ago. I stopped using my Glock G19 pistols in 2017, and traded them away, in 2020, after adding a G19x. Full-height grips, preferably with relatively “square-butt” grip profiles, are necessary, for me to fire duty/service ammo.

I am generally carrying revolvers, because the panic-demic interrupted, and then limited, my live-fire training opportunities. My revolver skills are less-perishable, and require relatively less training ammo.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 Gen-5. I’ve tried all the smaller options like the P365 but I keep coming back to Glock 26. It’s the perfect size not too big or small, shoots like a full size pistol, and more versatile than pretty much anything else. Classic.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
For a couple of years I carried a DW V-Bob commander-length .45ACP. But it was steel-framed and just too heavy to carry comfortably all day without using suspenders, and those come with a whole different set of hassles. So after shooting a friend's gun I went to a S&W Shield 2.0 9mm. It's been great, I can wear it all day without it starting to drag me over to one side. For quick trips to the grocery store when weather allows a jacket, I'll sometimes just drop my old J-frame .38 in a coat pocket. I'd still prefer a .45 so I'm shopping for an alloy-frame Commander size pistol. I've pretty much settled on a DW Guardian, just waiting for availability and money to align correctly.

Posts: 7265 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Got a Glock43x earlier in the year and been carrying it with shield arms 15 round mags. So now it’s the Glock or the j frame depending on clothing…

When we pay off the house I’m gonna get a commander sized 1911 and carry that..at least that’s the plan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Lately either my PM9 or G33.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
Sig P938 OWB or if dressing with formal jacket P238 in a wallet holster.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pretty much carry my 365 daily, as a primary carry at work, and a BUG for other occasions.

Posts: 10 | Location: Colorado. | Registered: November 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 with Grayguns trigger, used in a OWB holster. With some pants I can pocket carry.

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post