SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 metal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
M&P 2.0 metal Login/Join 
Member
posted
There went the complaints about polymer striker fired pistols. I want a 4” and a 5” 9mm.
 
Posts: 81 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A metal M&P HD 5 inch just may replace my Glock 17s for USPSA.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38686 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just show up and shoot. It will be great!
I’m not an employee, I don’t own stock.
 
Posts: 81 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 5” at my LGS, it was quite nice.


"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
 
Posts: 2270 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Cous2492
posted Hide Post
My PD made the transition last year to an M&P 2.0 metal frame with an Acro P-2 and TLR-1HL. The M&P is a phenomenal platform and the metal frame is nice. I will say that when shooting the polymer frame and the metal frame back-to-back, I noticed no difference at all. The metal is cool, and it helps with a lot of the old school mentality guys, who were transitioning from our previous P226. I'd have went with polymer and saved a ton of money, but I don't think the metal is bad, either.

I think the new Gen 6 Glocks would have won our department's contract had they been out when we did our evaluations. Especially had they offered the COA option.

If also mention that the metal frame and the HD steel frame M&P guns are two different animals.
 
Posts: 700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I picked up a M&P 2.0 HD yesterday. I’m looking forward to getting to the range tomorrow to try it out. I may throw my 4.25” slide with an ACRO on it too, just for a side by side comparison of the poly vs the steel frame.
 
Posts: 1666 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. I had a chance to shoot my neighbor's last week. If I wasn't so heavily invested in Sigs.....
 
Posts: 17740 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I found the regular M&P Metal a bit of a waste since both weight the same and the polymer gun had a lot more traction for me.

The M&P Steel on the other hand....
 
Posts: 5456 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I’ve got the all steel Spec Series V and it shoots awesome
 
Posts: 1685 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 metal

© SIGforum 2026