SIGforum
M&P 2.0 metal

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3330042225

September 19, 2026, 08:55 PM
dmurray
M&P 2.0 metal
There went the complaints about polymer striker fired pistols. I want a 4” and a 5” 9mm.
September 19, 2026, 09:39 PM
jljones
A metal M&P HD 5 inch just may replace my Glock 17s for USPSA.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



September 19, 2026, 09:51 PM
dmurray
Just show up and shoot. It will be great!
I’m not an employee, I don’t own stock.
September 20, 2026, 08:42 PM
Nick
I picked up a 5” at my LGS, it was quite nice.


"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
September 21, 2026, 08:17 PM
Cous2492
My PD made the transition last year to an M&P 2.0 metal frame with an Acro P-2 and TLR-1HL. The M&P is a phenomenal platform and the metal frame is nice. I will say that when shooting the polymer frame and the metal frame back-to-back, I noticed no difference at all. The metal is cool, and it helps with a lot of the old school mentality guys, who were transitioning from our previous P226. I'd have went with polymer and saved a ton of money, but I don't think the metal is bad, either.

I think the new Gen 6 Glocks would have won our department's contract had they been out when we did our evaluations. Especially had they offered the COA option.

If also mention that the metal frame and the HD steel frame M&P guns are two different animals.
September 22, 2026, 05:27 PM
Phred
I picked up a M&P 2.0 HD yesterday. I’m looking forward to getting to the range tomorrow to try it out. I may throw my 4.25” slide with an ACRO on it too, just for a side by side comparison of the poly vs the steel frame.
September 22, 2026, 05:46 PM
Fredward
Nice gun. I had a chance to shoot my neighbor's last week. If I wasn't so heavily invested in Sigs.....
September 23, 2026, 03:52 PM
DanH
I found the regular M&P Metal a bit of a waste since both weight the same and the polymer gun had a lot more traction for me.

The M&P Steel on the other hand....
September 23, 2026, 05:45 PM
bac1023
I’ve got the all steel Spec Series V and it shoots awesome