SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sam Andrews Carjacker Holster - watch Sam make one for the SIG P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Andrews Carjacker Holster - watch Sam make one for the SIG P365 Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Own a few McDaniel II holsters, have a cross draw McDaniel II in progress for a 239. He makes a very quality leather holster.

Andrews does make good things. One of his belts is my favorite weekender.

Your McDaniel II rig might look something like this one day:

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
Was it just me, or does Sam Andrews sound like Gregory Peck?
I'd like to think that his voice is what Santa Claus would sound like if he was an actual person.

Posts: 107430 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I placed an order for one today.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Another very good car holster is the Ken Null Vampire.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
The Carjacker holster by Andrews is one of the best going for its purpose for sure! I've been using one with a Detonics Combat Master for many years, anytime I found myself seated for long stretches in a vehicle. Even though that gun is small, it's still heavy and this holster really secures it in and tight.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That was great, thanks for posting. Love watching a master craftsman turn raw goods into fine finished works.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
Was it just me, or does Sam Andrews sound like Gregory Peck?
I'd like to think that his voice is what Santa Claus would sound like if he was an actual person.

I had the thought that he could do some stellar voice acting.

Posts: 17098 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
If you are wondering why holsters are expensive, watch this video of Sam making this "simple" holster. Wow there are a LOT of steps, and we know labor is costly.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
If you are wondering why holsters are expensive, watch this video of Sam making this "simple" holster. Wow there are a LOT of steps, and we know labor is costly.
Rod

While I was watching I kept thinking, how does he do this and make any money?
Just the time involved plus the materials and equipment look like a hard way to make a buck.
I’m sure this has to be much more than a job for those reasons and he is an incredible craftsman.

Posts: 9488 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Such a pleasure to watch such craftsman doing their thing. Would almost bet good money you could put a blindfold on him and he would still produce a quality product. ............................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1996 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great videos!! I love seeing leather work it’s very interesting!

Posts: 118 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Thinking of getting one of these, but it looks like it would be covered by the seat belt when driving. If you have used one of these, please reply.

Thanks in advance,
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Thinking of getting one of these, but it looks like it would be covered by the seat belt when driving.
At the 6 minute mark of this video you can see Andrews seated in a vehicle, wearing this holster and seatbelt. He has the seatbelt below the holster.

Posts: 107430 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
At 135 dollars it's a bargain, being a cabinet maker for 35 years I can really appreciate what he does and all the steps it takes to make a quality product.

Posts: 5577 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Great to watch and listen to. He makes it look easy but it's a work of art.

Posts: 4008 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para. I watched that video before but missed what you pointed out at the 6:00 minute mark. Thus my "dumb" question. Sorry, and thanks again.
Rod