Sam Andrews Carjacker Holster - watch Sam make one for the SIG P365

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3300072694

November 16, 2022, 01:59 PM
RichardC
Sam Andrews Carjacker Holster - watch Sam make one for the SIG P365
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Own a few McDaniel II holsters, have a cross draw McDaniel II in progress for a 239. He makes a very quality leather holster.

Andrews does make good things. One of his belts is my favorite weekender.

Your McDaniel II rig might look something like this one day:

November 16, 2022, 03:08 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
Was it just me, or does Sam Andrews sound like Gregory Peck?
I'd like to think that his voice is what Santa Claus would sound like if he was an actual person.
November 16, 2022, 06:59 PM
VANQUISH
Thanks for posting this. I placed an order for one today.
November 17, 2022, 12:22 PM
Malysh
Another very good car holster is the Ken Null Vampire.
November 18, 2022, 10:35 AM
inspcalahan
The Carjacker holster by Andrews is one of the best going for its purpose for sure! I've been using one with a Detonics Combat Master for many years, anytime I found myself seated for long stretches in a vehicle. Even though that gun is small, it's still heavy and this holster really secures it in and tight.
November 18, 2022, 11:04 AM
P220 Smudge
That was great, thanks for posting. Love watching a master craftsman turn raw goods into fine finished works.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
Was it just me, or does Sam Andrews sound like Gregory Peck?
I'd like to think that his voice is what Santa Claus would sound like if he was an actual person.

I had the thought that he could do some stellar voice acting.

November 19, 2022, 10:44 AM
sig sailor
If you are wondering why holsters are expensive, watch this video of Sam making this "simple" holster. Wow there are a LOT of steps, and we know labor is costly.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.
November 19, 2022, 04:14 PM
220-9er
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
If you are wondering why holsters are expensive, watch this video of Sam making this "simple" holster. Wow there are a LOT of steps, and we know labor is costly.
Rod

While I was watching I kept thinking, how does he do this and make any money?
Just the time involved plus the materials and equipment look like a hard way to make a buck.
I’m sure this has to be much more than a job for those reasons and he is an incredible craftsman.

November 19, 2022, 06:00 PM
drill sgt
Such a pleasure to watch such craftsman doing their thing. Would almost bet good money you could put a blindfold on him and he would still produce a quality product. ............................................... drill sgt.
November 19, 2022, 06:19 PM
nocturnalcreations
Great videos!! I love seeing leather work it’s very interesting!
November 26, 2022, 09:13 AM
sig sailor
Thinking of getting one of these, but it looks like it would be covered by the seat belt when driving. If you have used one of these, please reply.

Thanks in advance,
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

November 26, 2022, 09:39 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Thinking of getting one of these, but it looks like it would be covered by the seat belt when driving.
At the 6 minute mark of this video you can see Andrews seated in a vehicle, wearing this holster and seatbelt. He has the seatbelt below the holster.

November 27, 2022, 01:06 PM
XLT
At 135 dollars it's a bargain, being a cabinet maker for 35 years I can really appreciate what he does and all the steps it takes to make a quality product.
November 27, 2022, 08:27 PM
mikeyspizza
Great to watch and listen to. He makes it look easy but it's a work of art.
November 28, 2022, 09:21 AM
sig sailor
Thanks, Para. I watched that video before but missed what you pointed out at the 6:00 minute mark. Thus my "dumb" question. Sorry, and thanks again.
Rod