SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Becoming a CZ fan
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Becoming a CZ fan Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I love mine. Picked up another p09 a couple weeks back. Great carry guns!

Have a few other CZ's as well. May trade off some of my Sigs to pick up a couple more. Eek

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
On the CZC's targets, anyone know what distance they are shot at? I assume it's 15 yds, but the targets never had the distance noted on them.

Q, this is the response I got from Stuart at the custom shop .

"yes, that does get asked.. targets are shot at 10 yards, off hand, so correct no rest.
from time to time we will go the range and shoot from ransom rest at 50 yards."

Stuart is who I bought the Compact from. Smile

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Jackimoe, that is a nice pair of CZs. Thanks for posting them for us.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This past spring I bought one of the limited run steel-framed Compacts. It looks exactly like the P09. I still haven't gotten around to having a couple of modifications done to it (want the trigger guard rounded off, beavertail shortened and the can opener rail milled off). Cajun Gun Works does this kind of work but I think their price was high. Can any of you guys recommend other gunsmiths who perform such work?

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
This past spring I bought one of the limited run steel-framed Compacts. It looks exactly like the P09. I still haven't gotten around to having a couple of modifications done to it (want the trigger guard rounded off, beavertail shortened and the can opener rail milled off). Cajun Gun Works does this kind of work but I think their price was high. Can any of you guys recommend other gunsmiths who perform such work?

CGW is probably the most reasonable of the CZ shops... I've always found CZ Custom and Automatic Accuracy to be higher cost for the same caliber of work. That's not to say that Joe Bob Gunsmiff can't do what you are wanting done... but I have no recommendations on that.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
I love mine. Picked up another p09 a couple weeks back. Great carry guns!

jackioe - Is that the P-01, or am I seeing this pic incorrectly and it is the P-09? Either way, I LOVE the guns in your pic!!
I handled the p-01 at my LGS this week and the ergos were incredible.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeSig
posted Hide Post
Yea, I got bit by the bug a month ago...

RAMI - BD - difficult to find.

Looking forward to working with it

JoeSig

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria, Sola Scriptura

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: October 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
jackioe - Is that the P-01, or am I seeing this pic incorrectly and it is the P-09? Either way, I LOVE the guns in your pic!!

It looks like a 2013, P-01 on the left and a 2008, P-01 on the right.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:

That's what I was thinking. Well, not the year but the model. Two sweet looking guns for sure!

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

CGW is probably the most reasonable of the CZ shops... I've always found CZ Custom and Automatic Accuracy to be higher cost for the same caliber of work. That's not to say that Joe Bob Gunsmiff can't do what you are wanting done... but I have no recommendations on that.

Yes, but something that Matt Mink and Automatic Accuracy that CGW doesn't have is speed. CGW routinely hits a point where they flat say "We're booked, try again later" while Matt can usually have your gun back to you in 2 weeks as long as you don't need machine work.

The 1 thing that keeps my tuned CZ 75 SAO from being perfect is I can't find anyone who will do checkering. If anyone out there does checkering, please let me know. It will finally once and for all completely kill any desire to get a Browning Hi Power and mod it up the way I want.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

The 1 thing that keeps my tuned CZ 75 SAO from being perfect is I can't find anyone who will do checkering. If anyone out there does checkering, please let me know. It will finally once and for all completely kill any desire to get a Browning Hi Power and mod it up the way I want.

Reason I got rid of my beautiful bright stainless CZ 75. No checkering, front or back strap. That darn thing was slippery like a bar of soap. Frown
Front and back strap checkering would make it a perfect full size CZ 75.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
One word...AccuShadow.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I to am a big fan of the CZ75. Mine is a Stainless Steel CZ75B and was customized by ANGUS HOBDALL at his shop in the Phoenix AZ. The gun has fired over 15,000 rounds and the only problem I had with it was a broken trigger return spring this occurred last week.

Posts: 6 | Location: SURPRISE, AZ | Registered: March 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
One word...AccuShadow.

Agree 100%. The custom shop guns are just incredible, I have the Accu Shadow and the SDP Compact. Aside from maybe my STI DVC, I shoot those 2 CZ consistently better than anything else. The SDP is also a great carry piece. To me the CZ's are on par value wise as the DW's are in the 1911 field.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
CZ's are quickly becoming my favorite DA/SA pistols. My Shadow 2 is a superbly crafted pistol. I just picked up a P-09 Urban Grey suppressor ready pistol. I like it alot. Especially, for all of the features you get for $500.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

Yes, but something that Matt Mink and Automatic Accuracy that CGW doesn't have is speed. CGW routinely hits a point where they flat say "We're booked, try again later" while Matt can usually have your gun back to you in 2 weeks as long as you don't need machine work.

It took Mink 6 months to mill a buddy of mine's Pre B slide for a front sight... plus rumor has it Mink is closing the shop.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Busted!! You guys got me. Yep, both are P01's. I tend to mess up the whole number system sometimes. I do the same thing with the Sig 230 and 320.

And I'm still not sure what I was thinkin' with these grips! They are LOK zombie green(much greener than I thought they would be) in the Bogie pattern. On the 97BD they are certainly slim and the texture may not be carry friendly for most. The gun has a few CGW parts that make it a real joy to shoot.

If I swap them, it'll be for a more traditional color or pattern.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Busted!! You guys got me. Yep, both are P01's. I tend to mess up the whole number system sometimes. I do the same thing with the Sig 230 and 320.

And I'm still not sure what I was thinkin' with these grips! They are LOK zombie green(much greener than I thought they would be) in the Bogie pattern. On the 97BD they are certainly slim and the texture may not be carry friendly for most. The gun has a few CGW parts that make it a real joy to shoot.

If I swap them, it'll be for a more traditional color or pattern.

jackimoe - Those are 3 REALLY NICE pistols!! Thanks for the pics.

I have thinned the herd of handguns, because I have been in the hunt for my first CZ. The P-01 is my preference now (to replace my G19) because it looks and feels awesome. But, have you shot the compact polymer DA/SA, the P-07? Can you compare them?

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
The P07 is a fine pistol. I liked the one that I owned and shot it pretty well. Of the two I think the P01 would be my preference also. Mainly on looks, cause the P07 is a great pistol out of the box, trigger is very good.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I've had a few Cz' pistols I regret parting with. I still have the P07 with the omega trigger. Very under rated pistol & trigger system. My only gripe with Cz's is the high cost of magazines and as of July 1, the CZ-USA web store exacts sales tax on mag purchases. Makes Sig, Hk & M&P mags look down right reasonable.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post