SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Becoming a CZ fan
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Becoming a CZ fan Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Especially the CZ Custom shop variety. I just snagged my second one from the CZ Custom, a 75 Compact with alloy frame and a safety. It has Heine straight eight sights, an awesome trigger, and three 14 round magazines. Apparently the CZ Compact in this configuration is pretty rare, most being steel frame versions. Very light and would make an awesome carry piece. Though I probably will use it more as range piece.
The other one I have owned for a few years is a SP01 Shadow Custom. It is all steel so pretty hefty piece. But virtually no recoil in 9mm. Shoots very nicely and also has a sweet trigger. They both are ergonomic and pretty handsome pieces IMO. Hope you like the new one!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2769 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. CZ Custom does often build some fascinating creations.

And they apparently do custom one-offs as well. All that's needed is DEEP pockets.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Very nice indeed. CZ Custom does often build some fascinating creations.

And they apparently do custom one-offs as well. All that's needed is DEEP pockets.

Agreed neither of these were cheap. But I still like 'em. Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Huge fan of the PCR here.
Congrats, Mike. That Compact's alloy frame is that of the PCR, actually.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
On the CZC's targets, anyone know what distance they are shot at? I assume it's 15 yds, but the targets never had the distance noted on them.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I love my OD Green P-01. I should shoot it more.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Sure does look like the PCR frame, only with safety instead of decoker. I'll check my Shadow target and see if they have the distance. I'm a member on the CZ forum, I'll ask about that.

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That looks pretty awesome. Enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have also become a big CZ fan. My last 5 pistols purchased have been from this brand.

Something from the CZ Custom shop is on the to get list.

Great looking blasters.
Congrats !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
I have also become a big CZ fan. My last 5 pistols purchased have been from this brand.

Something from the CZ Custom shop is on the to get list.

Great looking blasters.
Congrats !

Thanks, you need a custom shop one! You won't believe the trigger job they ship out. Very slick. Big Grin

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed with my new Scorpion. I'd like to get a hold of a tac sport orange some day.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Btw, 2 lbs 13 oz SA, that's fantastic. But for a carry gun? Not something I would do.

Q

posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a steel framed compact. I have a pair of Compact Custom L models from the custom shop, there was a limited run a few years ago, and a P-01. They are sweet shooters. I want one of the "Orange" models.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Very nice pistols! I have a CZ75 that I love to shoot. I'd like to pick up a SP-01 eventually just to round out my collection.

My dad bought a CZ75, then quickly followed up with a TS in .40, then a CZ97. I've got to say, the CZ97 has got to be the softest shooting .45 I have ever got my hands on. Although I would hate to carry it. It must weigh 10 pounds fully loaded.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Like rabbits, thet have a way of multiplying.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ PCRs are awesome. Financed one for my son's graduation; his first firearm purchase. Shot so well, wife and daughters loved it so had to get a family PCR. Put some VZ G-10s and stainless guide rods, along with the rubber bumpers for the OEM mags, 16 rd mags as well.... 500+ flawless rds later on each, the triggers got even better!!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Btw, 2 lbs 13 oz SA, that's fantastic. But for a carry gun? Not something I would do.

Smile
I absolutely agree with you here.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
Very nice pistols! I have a CZ75 that I love to shoot. I'd like to pick up a SP-01 eventually just to round out my collection.

My dad bought a CZ75, then quickly followed up with a TS in .40, then a CZ97. I've got to say, the CZ97 has got to be the softest shooting .45 I have ever got my hands on. Although I would hate to carry it. It must weigh 10 pounds fully loaded.

I almost bought a TS Orange instead. Came very close.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
This is the SP01 Shadow Custom target:

Not quite as light but in reality little difference between the two.
No distance on this target either, I'm still trying to confirm. Looks like Mr. Zinn did the honors on both of these.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
CZ is fast becoming my favorite pistol brand. Their "bang" for your buck is unmatched in steel pistols.
The Shadow 2 may be the bestest pistol in the world.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post