SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
News Flash!

We have just finished our third 10mm for y'all, and Flork is off testing #3. Our magazine issues have been resolved through great assistance from Metalform. Everything is looking clean and "right". Life is good. I'm tired, but very happy right now.

I'm going home to sleep before pulling patrol this weekend. Yes, I'm carrying the second 10mm prototype, which I should hope demonstrates my confidence; I qualified with it 3 weeks ago before we shipped it off for the "Super Black" stuff. Flork swiped the digicam tonight, so I'll post images tomorrow morning before we head out for Memorial Day Weekend's events.

Big Grin

-Brucssszzznnnzzzz

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go Bruce! Will be looking for any news reports about Oregon LEO "blowing up cars" with his pistol! LOL Miscreants beware!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post

I'll upload and post more later.

Scott

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
-------------------------------------------
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
Good lawd that a SWEET looking gun!

Les Baer Premier II (Custom Carry look-alike)
Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P220 Carry SAO Beavertail
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm..... Can GrayGuns supply wooden grips as well?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Falstep
posted Hide Post
I just popped in to check on this project. I noticed that Sig started selling these grips on their web site.

Here's the link, fwiw:

Wood Grips

Posts: 9 | Location: Sacramento, CA, USA | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Do the wood grips need to be modified to work with the magwell. And do the stock plastic grips work unmodified with the magwell.

Posts: 2673 | Registered: June 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned. This ex-member has a history of failing to deliver on goods and promises
posted Hide Post
Hot pink basepads???? Wink

Maybe I need to check the monitor settings on my laptop......

Seriously, that's a sweet looking package. So the magazines are not modified Sig but rather custom 1911 metalforms? What are our basepad options? Will pads from other makers fit also? The voices in my head are wishing for modified Tripp Research Cobra Mags.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StVitus,

Posts: 647 | Location: Gator Country! | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dobbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:

Scott

I love that rounded trigger guard and the GGI magwell!

Posts: 4190 | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig228-gsr:
Do the wood grips need to be modified to work with the magwell. And do the stock plastic grips work unmodified with the magwell.

Hi! All griups need to be fitted to the magwell. We remove approximately .110" from the frame heel before adding the well, so we must trim your grips to fit. This, we do on the gun in the milling machine as a secondary operation.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarcher:
Hmmmm..... Can GrayGuns supply wooden grips as well?

Anything for you, Big Boy.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobbler:
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:

Scott

I love that rounded trigger guard and the GGI magwell!

Thanks!

BTW, what you are seeing is the third customer gun as it came back from the range. The mags are 8-round Metalform. We will supply 10-round mags as well. I'd like to ask each of you to tell us what combination of 8's and 10's you'd like? We'll also have extra mags available for sale on a reasonable cost-plus basis to keep you all in mags 'till Hell freezes over.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
Those look a lot like 9-mm 1911 magazines. Custom made just for your application???

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
hey...that's why they call Bruce a Custom Smith Big Grin

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

Thanks!

BTW, what you are seeing is the third customer gun as it came back from the range. The mags are 8-round Metalform. We will supply 10-round mags as well. I'd like to ask each of you to tell us what combination of 8's and 10's you'd like? We'll also have extra mags available for sale on a reasonable cost-plus basis to keep you all in mags 'till Hell freezes over.

-Bruce

Are the 8rd and 10rd mags flush fit? If not, how far do they protrude from the grip?

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AaronP220R:
Those look a lot like 9-mm 1911 magazines. Custom made just for your application???

These look like Metalform 10mm SIG mags to me, but what the hell do I know? Roll Eyes

Yes, we have been working with Metalform to develop some neat stuff for P220's. The 10mm mags are the first to come on line. Stay tuned.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NorfolkP229:
quote:

Thanks!

-Bruce

Are the 8rd and 10rd mags flush fit? If not, how far do they protrude from the grip?

I'll get pics of 10-rounders in a pistol to answer that. These mags are only a little longer than the 8-round mags with slam-pads installed. Not too long, and we'll supply 8-rounders for carry use.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

These look like Metalform 10mm SIG mags to me, but what the hell do I know? Roll Eyes

-Bruce

And what did I do to piss you off? Seems like a shitty thing to say. I was simply inquiring if you had changed a 1911 magazine or designed something else...

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Well, yes, but the point is to be able to shoot it, no? And the caliber has developed a reputation for accelerated wear in other pistols used with the heavier loads. Bruce has made it clear the conversion is primarily for use with midrange loads, but sooner or later (like years down the road) the heavier loads will probably add up, even at reasonable rates of use.

I'm sure that's true. 10mm is what it is. It's nature is to be hard on guns, which is why we've taken pains in our R&D to make sure we're building as durable a pistol as we can.

We do guarantee our work for life, with a few common-sense caveats. With an early start, I've been in the biz for about 35 years and am only 52 years old. Flork is 25. I honestly suspect you don't have too much to worry about from that standpoint. We aren't going anywhere.

Tang's point about values is flattering, and at the risk of seeming self-serving, it's been true of past custom makers and for my own earlier work. As an example, the guns I helped build when I worked for Devel in the early 80's are hot collectibles these days. I wish I could afford one. Big Grin Nor can I afford the high-end, cased 5" Commercial Colt I built in 1996 which recently resold for over $5000.

Now, as for these 10mm's, I can tell you that the mags are unique, made specifically for us by Metalform. However, these pistols will still accept stock SIG 220 mags and these actually work pretty well as 10mm's...just not perfectly enough for our purposes.

The same thing is true of the extractor. Ironically, the stock SP-style SIG extractor has worked well in our 10mm's. To prove this, we have run over 1000 rounds of 200 gr. Blazer 10mm loads through prototype 2 with a stock 220 extractor without any failures. Even though we originally got into the extractor business to optimize reliability for this project, our new design will be more relevant to .45's.

I hope this answers your concerns and look forward to your response. Thanks!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

-Bruce

And what did I do to piss you off? Seems like a shitty thing to say. I was simply inquiring if you had changed a 1911 magazine or designed something else...

Aaron, I'll make you a deal: you lay off the caffiene and I'll choose my words more carefully around you until you get your sense of humour back. I was just tweaking you. You know me well enough to know I'd never insult you or anyone else for that matter.

Yes, as stated previously we've been working with Metalform to make a line of purpose-built P220 mags. I'm surpised you didn't know this?Our initial testing was done with adapted 1911 10mm mags.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.