SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
I wish they were on the way out, they're ready for the massive undertaking known as welding. As soon as that's finished, we'll be taking them to an EDM shop here in Bend for me to work my EDM magic on and re-cut the breech faces. Then it's off to the re-finisher.

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
Okay, cool! I also noticed that one slide looks very different fromt he rest. Why is that?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
It's a slide from a P220 Match. It has the adjustable rear sight on it, which I removed.

Scott @ Apex
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I shall be living at the bench for a couple weeks with your great pile of P220 slides, fixtures and tooling, doing my thing. With the primary action and frame work finished on most of these 10mm maniac blasters, we're making good progress.

That sexy black finish is exactly what I have been looking for. I'm really pleased, and I am not that easy to impress to be honest. If you haven't yet decided add this tough black surface job to your 10mm order, what can I do to convince you? We're offering it for cost because we really believe in it. I wish we'd had this available when we started this project, as I would have made it a mandatory part of the job from the go.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarcher:
Scott, are those on their way out to be refinished?

I'll be done with my bit by Wednesday of the coming week, Jim. After that, the EDM shop and Flork will need a couple days to process them, then it's back here for detailing and gauging, extractor cuts and fitting, and THEN finishing for most of them.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
you guys are so easy to impress with pictures Razz

here's my daughter holding the "super-sized" version

she liked it alot

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
Does this make you guys drool???????
You bet! I see mine in that line-up.

I see mine in that line up too!! Big Grin

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

she liked it alot

That's a real cute little girl you have there! Oh, nice card boad cutout of a Sig 220St in 10MM too.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

she liked it alot

There can be no cuter little girl than yours, Tang! She's simply a doll.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
This project looks great guys.... I've been watching with intrigue the whole time.

I wish i had one in the mix...

I can't wait to hear the feedback from the customers when they are done.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
That sexy black finish is exactly what I have been looking for. I'm really pleased, and I am not that easy to impress to be honest. If you haven't yet decided add this tough black surface job to your 10mm order, what can I do to convince you?
-Bruce

I'm afraid those photos' may have done it...I'm fighting it but the lure of the dark side is strong. Wink

Two questions:
1) What's the drop dead date for us to give you a decision on upgrading to the Sexy Black Finish?
2) How about just getting the slide and slide and controls done so we can get the reverse two-tone look? And if possible, what would be the cost?

I can see mine too! Based on Flork's pic are y'all planning on working from left to right, or right to left? Inquiring minds want to know... Big Grin

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
HMMMMMMMM, now that's a good question.......I bet you've all been glued to your computer, laptop and Ipod screens since that question was posed. Big Grin

We're working them in the order in which they arrived with deposits. The order you see them on my bench is just a quickie line up to tease you guys and show you that I haven't shredded your slides to make welding rod just yet Wink

Scott @ Apex

Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess that's more rational than the "Eeny Meeny Miney Mo" method. Big Grin

On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two questions:
1) What's the drop dead date for us to give you a decision on upgrading to the Sexy Black Finish?
2) How about just getting the slide and slide and controls done so we can get the reverse two-tone look? And if possible, what would be the cost?

To #1, I'd say you have a couple weeks or so before we are done with the slide work and are ready to start shipping sets to our finish vedor. Just do it! It's so worth it.

As for #2, I would advise having both frame and slide done together. We are offering this sexy black finish ("SBF"?) for largely mechanical reasons, in a bid to maximize wear resistance and extend service life. The SIG sauer P220ST frames aren't vary hard, and this finish will help us preserve slide to frame fit values and ikeep everything tighter over time. That's the idea, anyhow.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
Well, I guess that's more rational than the "Eeny Meeny Miney Mo" method. Big Grin

I thought about teasing you guys about that, but I figured that somebody would freak out and smash their key board like the "Angry German Kid" and I'd receive an invoice for a new key board.

Scott @ Apex

Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
To #1, I'd say you have a couple weeks or so before we are done with the slide work and are ready to start shipping sets to our finish vedor. Just do it! It's so worth it.

As for #2, I would advise having both frame and slide done together. We are offering this sexy black finish ("SBF"?) for largely mechanical reasons, in a bid to maximize wear resistance and extend service life. The SIG sauer P220ST frames aren't vary hard, and this finish will help us preserve slide to frame fit values and ikeep everything tighter over time. That's the idea, anyhow.
-Bruce

OK - I'm persuaded...e-mail sent authorizing the change to my billable work.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Bruce

You've made me a believer...I'll have an e-mail to Flork shortly to please add the SBF to billable work.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur

posted Hide Post
Flork-email sent

Thanks,
Brent

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
Response sent.

Scott @ Apex

Picture of Joni Lynn
posted Hide Post
I wish I had seen this thread much much earlier. A 10mm 220 is quite interesting.

A woman can never have too many guns.

Posts: 201 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: May 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post