Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HK P 7 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Why can't someone be this obsessed with the Bren Ten?

What, me worry?

Posts: 2132 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What kind of a following does the Bren Ten have compared to the P7? Pretty sure the economic doesn't justify its resurrection. Even the highly popular old folded slide SIGs don't get a complete resurrection.

Q

Posts: 27605 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I picked up 4 or 5 P7s when they were imported into the US (German Police issues) and Cabelas had "A" Grade guns for something like $500.00 each. With a price like that and knowing they were too expensive to product today (vs the polymer options) who wouldn't? The one that turned the most purple, I sent off to refinish in Np3 and it's definitely a keeper!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10268 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my.
I have been trying not to see these…
I can’t find, what are the relative weights of
- Steel
- Aluminum
- Titanium?
Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Scott

Posts: 840 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Oh my.
- Steel
- Aluminum
- Titanium?
Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Scott

Apologies. Found it.
Save 4.5 oz with titanium, 6.5 oz with aluminum.

Posts: 840 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well fuck, I'm interested. I love the P7.

'course, I live in MA, so fuck me.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the P7 as an engineering marvel, piece of history and art.

It was a magnificent counter-trend on the road that eventually resulted in a market dominated by injection-molded, 34-part Glocks.

I'm glad it's back, but unfortunately it's not for me.

The single-stack version doesn't fit my hand -- my fingers are slightly too long. It's fine in slow fire, but in rapid fire the squeeze-cocker shifts slightly to behind my knuckle (where I have almost no leverage), and the squeeze-cocker de-cocks. In theory I can overcome it, but it requires an absolute death-grip.

The 13-round version fits my hand better, but it's a bit of a tank in comparison to the slim, single-stack version.

It's awesome that such a complex-yet-classic design can be resurrected.

I think its moment of peak cool-factor was right about here:

Posts: 487 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need one of these

Posts: 156 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What kind of a following does the Bren Ten have compared to the P7? Pretty sure the economic doesn't justify its resurrection. Even the highly popular old folded slide SIGs don't get a complete resurrection.

There's certainly a market for Bren Ten magazines since more guns were sold than there were magazines for them (apparently, unclear if that's for real or urban legend)

Posts: 3166 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly, PGT, that's what I was driving at in my other post in this thread.

As for resurrecting the Bren Ten, VLTOR was supposed to have had one in the works. It was quite a while ago, probably 10 yrs or so. Does anyone else recall that?

Posts: 2025 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a minute since VLTOR has mentioned 'Bren Ten' in any context. More than likely that they weren't having a lot of luck and progress in making their version of the gun along with the underlying intent of not bankrupting themselves at the same time.

-MG

Posts: 2226 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The driving force at VLTOR was likely Eric Kincel since he has several Bren Tens. But, he’s long gone and at BCM now.

Posts: 3166 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
In anticipation of P7Pro reintroducing this pistol, for the past couple years I've kept an eye out for like-new, non date-coded mags priced "reasonably." Non date-coded because that's the safest way of knowing you're getting the final iteration of the mag, with slightly longer feed lips which aid in reliability when using borderline too heavy or too hot ammo (help in avoiding 'nose-up' overfunction jams). I believe they made this change sometime after 1986, if memory serves. To verify my claim, you can take for instance an 'IE' date coded mag and hold it next to a non date-coded mag. The feed lip length will differ by maybe ~2mm.

I think I've got 23 such mags currently. A few of which are still in the wrapper from HK - although I bought those few in the mid-2000s, when you could still buy them for $55 each.

Couple dozen Wolff mag springs too. And a few replacement floor plates, inserts, and followers. So I am pretty well set on the magazine front.

But I can certainly understand how the mag availability and pricing situation will deter many from purchasing one of these pistols.

Posts: 493 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note for anyone reading this thread - Brett (P7Pro) also services the P7 series from top to bottom, including barrel and gas cylinder sleeve replacement.

HK stopped supporting the P7 series years ago, and up until now there was really only 1 guy servicing the platform. HK-USA, even when they were officially supporting P7s, lacked the ability to re-sleeve the gas cylinder.

My P7M8 slide is with P7Pro right now, as I somehow snapped or sheared the piston retaining pin during or after my last range trip - leaving the piston assembly dangling and off-kilter. I might have him install a new piston while it's there, too, depending upon what he says.

My original piston has just over 4k rounds on it, and it passes my go/no-go gauge. However if it's even close to being out of spec, I'd rather just replace it while it's "in the shop."

Posts: 493 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P7M13 back in March. I love that gun. To say it's accurate is an understatement.

Posts: 501 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:
Just a quick note for anyone reading this thread - Brett (P7Pro) also services the P7 series from top to bottom, including barrel and gas cylinder sleeve replacement.

HK stopped supporting the P7 series years ago, and up until now there was really only 1 guy servicing the platform. HK-USA, even when they were officially supporting P7s, lacked the ability to re-sleeve the gas cylinder.

My P7M8 slide is with P7Pro right now, as I somehow snapped or sheared the piston retaining pin during or after my last range trip - leaving the piston assembly dangling and off-kilter. I might have him install a new piston while it's there, too, depending upon what he says.

My original piston has just over 4k rounds on it, and it passes my go/no-go gauge. However if it's even close to being out of spec, I'd rather just replace it while it's "in the shop."

Good to know. I sold all but one, a PSP. I think I'll send it for a work over.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:

Good to know. I sold all but one, a PSP. I think I'll send it for a work over.

I think you'll be pleased with the service you receive.

My M8 slide came back today with a new piston retaining pin installed by P7Pro (newer coiled roll pin instead of the older C-shaped design).

Pricing, communication, and quality of work were exceptional.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Oh my.
- Steel
- Aluminum
- Titanium?
Does anyone know?

Yes, but the Titanium models usually have a rail, so you get the weight right back. Titanium has some other desirable qualities, though. Aluminum will heat up the fastest, but also dissipate heat the fastest. Titanium has the least heat conductivity, and will heat up slower and rails will act as a heat sink near the trigger guard, maybe a radiator too, slowing the process of the gas cylinder making the trigger guard area hot.
Thanks,
Scott

Apologies. Found it.
Save 4.5 oz with titanium, 6.5 oz with aluminum.

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 08, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I bought a P7M13 back in March. I love that gun. To say it's accurate is an understatement.

I look forward to trying the M13. I have the P7Pro M8 from the current bulk batch which uses original HK, NOS frames and mostly new, Not HK parts. A P7Pro version of M13 will be after the Aluminum batch. I am interested in the titanium frame batch of M13 which will have a small rail and a Novak slide is standard. You can order an optic cut slide, for a bit extra, though.

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 08, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they boast the fluted chamber so there will again be striped empties scattered over the range floor? Zebra reloads are cool. :-)

"
Delayed Blowback

The gas-delayed blowback system softens the felt recoil, allowing you to get back on target even faster. Directed gasses and a fluted chamber work together to make casing ejection more consistent and reliable— even with a broken extractor."

Damn, I'll be in luck if someone shows up with one near me. I miss being hit by very hot, fluted 9mm cases.

Posts: 43 | Location: eastern Kansas | Registered: April 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post