Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HK P 7 Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
Yes--the P7 has resurfaced. Parts have been made and now assembled.

Here..
https://p7pro.com/

If the Colt Python came back--anything is possible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGfourme,

Posts: 2376 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:

Here..

Yep. I've bought a bunch of USA-made P7M8 parts from Brett (everything from springs to gas pistons, sear bar, plus a bunch of other stuff), and all seem top notch. The 2 gas pistons I bought from Brett measure right at HK spec.

I intend to buy one of his complete USA-made P7M8 clones (aluminum frame).

He even makes occasional special runs of titanium frame P7s as well as aluminum frame M13's coming soon.

Posts: 493 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
H&K doesn't seem to care about the copyrights??

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7923 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
H&K doesn't seem to care about the copyrights??

I'm guessing the patents and other IP privileges have long since expired. Maybe they'll come after him to change the company name (P7Pro, LLC)?

Posts: 493 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:

Here..

Very nice but $2600 is pretty steep, I owned two P7's and regret ever selling them.

Posts: 1724 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
Very nice but $2600 is pretty steep, I owned two P7's and regret ever selling them.

Still cheaper than many OG P7s. I'm curious how their quality compares to the originals.

I wonder if you're on your own for magazines or if they'll produce their own.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how $2600 is "steep" for a P7M8?

Even when they were selling commercially it was for a lot of money and in 2024 dollars seems this seems right online with that.

And this is, once again, why my wallet HATES this forum.

A LOT.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:

Still cheaper than many OG P7s. I'm curious how their quality compares to the originals.

I wonder if you're on your own for magazines or if they'll produce their own.

For now, you're on your own for mags, although he has been shipping his P7s with 2 OEM mags.

Brett tinkered with trying to re-stuff ProMag bodies with better springs and HK followers, but that proved futile. I am not sure what his plans are on that front looking ahead, as I recall him saying the cost to tool up for mag production is prohibitive.

I've been in continuous contact with Brett for a couple years now and it's great seeing all this come to fruition.

Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:

Even when they were selling commercially it was for a lot of money and in 2024 dollars seems this seems right online with that.

A LOT.

Last NIB P7M8 I bought was in 2006, and I paid retail price of approx. $1,600. That's about $2,500 in 2024 dollars.

So his pricing is about right. FYI, P7Pro aluminum frames are cheaper than the steel frames.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyBones7:
quote:

Last NIB P7M8 I bought was in 2006, and I paid retail price of approx. $1,600. That's about $2,500 in 2024 dollars.

So his pricing is about right. FYI, P7Pro aluminum frames are cheaper than the steel frames.

Yeah, but I'm a sucker for titanium and the lower is made out of a block of grade 5 titanium.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, but I'm a sucker for titanium and the lower is made out of a block of grade 5 titanium.

You should definitely buy the titanium one, then Big Grin

Also, for those interested, he's making optic-cut slides as well as ported longslide models.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

A LOT.

I was thinking that same

I don't know a lot about them, but just from the few I've seen sell here, if these are a quality replica, that seems slightly under what very nice used ones sell for.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16012 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Somebody buy one so we can see photos and get a range report! I don't see anything about their lead time.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Somebody buy one so we can see photos and get a range report! I don't see anything about their lead time.

I don't know the rules about external forum links, so I will avoid posting any.

However, the 'brand-relevant enthusiasts forum' has an entire P7Pro sub-forum where photos are available - of both the manufacturing process of numerous P7 components, as well as end product(s).

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Oh, duh. Found that subforum and reading through it now!

posted Hide Post
My EDC for years was a P7. Stopped carrying it when they became uber expensive simply because if I ever had to use it in an incident, I'd probably never see it again and if I did, it'd likely be damaged in some way.
The pistols are too expensive to be sunny day range guns so away it went. I do regret selling it a little. Well, selling the three I've owned.

Posts: 32 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been on the waiting list for an optic cut aluminum framed version for a couple of months.... Once i get it, will get photos and range test out...I'm excited to add it to my other P7's, will do some side by side comparisons at the range as well.

Posts: 92 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My first thought was about imitation, flattery and the like but then morphed into ... is nothing sacred? Eek

Posts: 23226 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few posts were interested in knowing about whether the company will make magazines for the new "P7". For the price of the pistols, they damn weil better make new mags for them. Or risk going down the same road that Dornaus & Dixon did when they manufactured, sold and shipped (!) Bren 10 handguns WITHOUT magazines in the 1980s.

Posts: 2025 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned 4 of these at one time, but never really enjoyed shooting them. Figured I needed to stay with the SA/DA Sigs and work to get that shooting form closer to perfection. The P7's were so different to shoot. I can see why someone might fall in love with the form factor though, there are a few advantages. My only regrets was selling before the price skyrocketed.

BTW, the Promags for the HK's use to be as bad as the promags for the sigs. So if you have to dig for magazines, stay with factory if possible.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post