SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The best use for the MOS cut on Glocks (in my opinion, of course)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The best use for the MOS cut on Glocks (in my opinion, of course) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Buy my DERP!

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh. It's a brave new world out there. The best Glocks aren't even made by Glock anymore.

It used to be the gun of the future. Kind of exciting. Even the porcelain model got people talking. Someone once prophesized that "You will buy a Glock." Which was true. But, not anymore.

They're not exciting, now. They work, and they're cheap.

Posts: 471 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, seems that "Glock Perfection" fell to the wayside many moons ago.

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
From all appearances, the gun should not have fired, but the drawstring of a light windbreaker jacket was caught in the holster and snagged the trigger. The gun (Glock) fired

If / when I do buy a Glock, this device will be the first, and possibly the only, modification that I will make.

Or, y'know, just don't wear outfits that position small dangling foreign objects directly over your holster.

This drawstring-related unintended discharge has been a known hazard for at least a couple decades now. When I was first going through the police academy in the mid-2000s it was specifically addressed before range week, and continues to be something that instructors address and keep an eye out for to this day. (Though dedicated law enforcement duty jackets nowadays typically have no drawstrings or at least drawstrings that are located either in the front on either side of the zipper or inside the pockets, for this very reason.)

If, as you said, the shooter was being carefully observed by one or two instructors at all times, then they should have recognized that potential issue right away, even before the drills started.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless they are secured in the pocket, cut the damn drawstrings off. And off your kids jackets, too. Its not just a gun thing. My dept investigated a horrific school bus accident that killed a 13 year old girl. She got a drawstring caught in a handrail and fell while trying to free it and was run over. Our investigation resulted in fleet changes to all school buses in Ohio.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKshooterusp:
Hmm, seems that "Glock Perfection" fell to the wayside many moons ago.
Are you confused by all marketing slogans, or just this one?

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Unless they are secured in the pocket, cut the damn drawstrings off. And off your kids jackets, too. Its not just a gun thing. My dept investigated a horrific school bus accident that killed a 13 year old girl. She got a drawstring caught in a handrail and fell while trying to free it and was run over. Our investigation resulted in fleet changes to all school buses in Ohio.

Not so good for working around equipment, either, especially stuff that spins.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post