SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig day....Railed P229 Nickel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig day....Railed P229 Nickel Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
So this deal worked out fantastic. Met the seller today at the FFL, found it on GB but he was just across the line in PA so he offered to drive down today, between the transfer fee and the extra I gave him for gas I am in it for an even $1K. I had watched this one on GB for 4-5 weeks as the price dropped from around $1100 to $925. It was marked P229 Stainless and had no mention of nickel.

But this guy was pretty cool dude, hooked me up with:

The extra Rosewood grips: $90
The extra .357 Sig Barrel: $125-150
A third magazine: $15
140 rounds of .357 Sig: $60$

Nearly $300 bucks worth of items, like someone mentioned on another forum, that puts me closer to $700 for the Pistol as a whole.

It just started the 7 days of MD custody, I’m gonna look for some Nills for this one.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6326 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations on a nice addition!!

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome. Sometimes persistence really pays off.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That's an oldie but a goldie. With the extras thrown in, you got the gun at almost it's original list price.

Posts: 4200 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that a 40? Buncha 229 in 40's just sitting on GB. Generally speaking 40s pistols, no matter what model, seems to be DOA.

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice 'get'. I've been watching a couple of .40 P229 auctions myself, but I'd have to make arrangements to have the mags sent elsewhere. Frown

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Nice 'get'. I've been watching a couple of .40 P229 auctions myself, but I'd have to make arrangements to have the mags sent elsewhere. Frown

I’m in the same boat, last time I went to Florida I brought back over 100 P229 .40/357 mags. Some I’ve sold but just a stupid racket. MD says I can own em and use em, just can’t have them shipped here.

Posts: 6326 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, you can just go over the PA border and buy as many hi-cap mags as you want and come home with them. Or you can have your FFL "peg" any hi-caps that "may" have accompanied your purchase to 10 rounds. But no matter how you slice it, it's a PITA.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Nice score. She's pretty.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Going to look sharp with those Nills! Congrats. What’s that two tone pistol peaking around in the background?

Posts: 447 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
Going to look sharp with those Nills! Congrats. What’s that two tone pistol peaking around in the background?

P220 Sport Build Project

Still got a couple little things to work on with this one.