SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More HK fever
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More HK fever Login/Join 
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
What he said. In addition, if you have the old magazines they sell a +2 conversion kit. It is an HK USA factory part. It turns the 15 round tube into 17 and 13 into 15. I bought a bunch to convert P30 mags. I just pulled out the conversion guts and put them into the P2000 magazine and voila, 15 rounds.

This is what I did for my USPC mags. Unfortunately, the USPC hits consistently to the left despite me being dead on with my P30, VP9, P2000SK, and even my P2000 in .40! Sights look centered. I feel like calling HK, but they’d probably just laugh at me and hang up.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1748 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are no USPc or P2000 mags that are 15 rounds that I am aware of.

True but you can use a P30 17rd magazine with the USPc! Wink

Posts: 13 | Location: WA | Registered: April 15, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cnick6:
quote:
There are no USPc or P2000 mags that are 15 rounds that I am aware of.

True but you can use a P30 17rd magazine with the USPc! Wink

Correct you can use any full size P30 magazine in any of the following. All caliber specific of course although the .40 mags will feed 9mm and add 3 rounds, as below this is not a factory sanctioned thing just an observation.
P30
P30sk
P2000
P2000sk
VP9
VP9sk
USPc

You can use any USPc/P2000 mag in any of the following
USPc
P2000
P2000sk
P30sk
VP9sk

You can use any P30sk/P2000sk/VP9sk mags across those platforms. So a VP9sk mag will fit a P2000sk for example.

The ONLY 15 round “USPc” sized factory magazine is the current VP9sk 15 rounder (not the previous original one) and that magazine simply needs a USPc/P2000 base plate in place of the sk baseplate.

As was mentioned above the P30/VP9 15-17 round conversion kit apparently works in the USPc sized magazines and may very well be what is in the current VP9sk 15 rounder for all I know but isn’t technically a factory sanctioned option at least as of this moment.

Just trying to lay out all the info for anybody who finds this thread in the future.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Yes, the Decocking Lever on the MK23 absolutely SUCKS! It was designed to be operated with gloved hands, and apparently with the opposing hand/thumb. I always drooled over the MK23, and I ALWAYS wanted one, and though I haven't shot a MK23, every single time I've been able to handle one, I've been unable to control the Decocking Lever. After the third or fourth time and concluded I don't want one...Blasphemy, I know! That Decocking Lever made me realize I like my USP(s) much better!

I'm also not averse to removing the Decocking Lever entirely. I give you my homespun variant, the USP Combat Competition w/ Match-LEM Hybrid Trigger! Cool

The Match/LEM Hybrid is the way to go. Great trigger. It looks like your gun is still sporting the stock magazine release. You might consider swapping an HK45C magazine release. It's larger and while metal, the stories of it buggering up the polymer USP mags is overblown. I've have the 45C mag release in my USP for years with no noticeable negative effect on the mags.

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 24, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I got the new OD green HK P2000 out to the range several days ago for it's first range trip. It has just enough increased grip length compared to a HK P2000sk, it is easier to shoot.
I brought several brands of factory 115 grain FMJ and experienced zero malfunctions.
It appears to need a tiny sight adjustment, as it shoots for me about 1.5" left at 15 yards.
300 rounds of jacketed factory ammo for the initial test firing and break in.

My 9mm cast lead 125 grain round nose reload will not chamber in my HK P2000sk. That reload works great in every single firearm I've tried it in, except for the P2000sk.
I brought along 200 rounds of my reload for trying in the OD green P2000. Much to my surprise, it functioned 100% with my reload.
My reload fired casings are only going out of the ejection port about 12 inches straight to the right, while the 115 grain factory fired casings travel at least triple the distance and going right/rear.
The cast lead reload fired case launch distance/direction is similar to what I see in firing my reload in a SIG Stainless Steel Elite.
That cast lead reload isn't intended for social work/serious business, only casual practice/range/USPSA.

So with 500 rounds through the new OD green HK P2000, it is a very nice pistol. I do like it!

My best guess about my cast lead reload not chambering in my P2000sk is that particular chamber is cut near/at chamber minimum diameter dimensions.
All of my reloaded ammo gets tested in a Dillon "chamber checker" before usage, and they fit fine.
The P2000sk functions perfectly with factory ammo. So I'm not going to ream the chamber or replace the barrel.

It is a bonus for me that the OD green P2000 works fine with my cast lead reload.

The seven flat base used magazines I sourced from a Forum Member worked great.
I have a nice used VM II holster inbound for the HK P2000. And no 40+ week wait from Milt Sparks!
One more range trip with self defense ammo and if everything goes well, that new OD green HK P2000 will be on my hip.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1550 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
I reached out to HK Customer Service earlier today. They have had the Magapalooza magazine rebate going on for about a year now. It officially ended March 31, 2024
If you bought a VP9 full size, or P30 full size, or P2000 full size, HK gave you a webstore credit worth $200, or four free magazines.
The HK rep told me to try it online, and the system accepted my rebate offer, even though I had a purchase date four days past the end of the program.
I ordered 2 additional for the new P2000, and 2 for my recently purchased HK45. Total cost for the four HK factory magazines? About $15.
I also got the new P2000 out for a photo shoot. The OD green frame is hard to photograph under artificial lighting. In person under natural lighting, it's considerably darker.

IMG_20240411_121013095_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240411_120930452 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

Good work picking up one of those! The OD and FDE versions of the P2000 are unfortunately being discontinued.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 348 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
^^^ MacGyver,
The last time I looked, eurooptic.com had plenty of the OD green and FDE HK P2000 pistols in stock.

NRA Instructor

Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
The OD green HK P2000 is now ready for service.
I've acquired IWB and OWB holsters for it.
The G-Code "Custom Shop" OWB kydex field holster had a three week lead time. Of course, I couldn't resist getting the holster made in OD green kydex.
I sourced a very nice almost new Milt Sparks VMII here in the classifieds. Without the 40+ week lead time presently at Milt Sparks.

NRA Instructor

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
The OD green HK P2000 is now ready for service.

May yours give you as long and pleasant service as mine have.

Enjoy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
IMG_20240427_113610389_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240427_113625257_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240427_155743175_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240427_160106614_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Instructor