SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Miami Vice era pistols
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miami Vice era pistols Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:

https://youtu.be/ujv-NcwHVCs

Good shooting Mike

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God I wanna love that 1076. So much. I’ve owned a few.

Every time. Same thing. It’s massive. Trigger is awful. Weighs a ton. Decocker is awkward.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not 100% sure of the year that it came out, but if it makes the list a S&W 4566 would be a good choice.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I had a been ten and a marksman special match in .45

They were beautiful. But I was so scared to shoot them and destroy them they were just conversation pieces

I really wanted the VLTOR clone to get made

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I don't think the Heckler & Koch P7 ever showed up on Miami Vice, but it would have been an excellent choice for someone.

What did the lieutenant carry? I only recall him with some type of wooden sword.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I don't think the Heckler & Koch P7 ever showed up on Miami Vice, but it would have been an excellent choice for someone.
Stone's War October 3, 1986 and "Baseballs of Death" February 19, 1988. Hard-chromed P7 M13
quote:
What did the lieutenant carry? I only recall him with some type of wooden sword.
A Colt Trooper Mark V with a 6" barrel. He had the economy version, which had a parkerized finish, and in that configuration, was known as the Peacekeeper.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Teal and mauve...yeah, I think I can leave the heart of that decade in the past.

Okay, I'll be the boring one: G19, since it went live a year before the series ended. And I bought my first G19 the same year the series finished. Plus it was the first pistol that I ever bought.

But if I have to choose a sidearm that existed around the time of the start of the series, I'd pick a Walther P1 just because I've always like the look of the P38. The P7 suggestion mentioned above is cool as well. But honestly I'd rather have a 3" blued Colt Python. Just 'cause. Plus it goes very well with the grunge flannel era that was about to come... Wink

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
One of these:

Or a Walther P5, or a HK P7, or a S&W 469, or a S&W J frame.

Posts: 622 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

In addition to the Colt Trooper that he carried; he also used a long slide Detonics on a couple of episodes. The Prodigal Son, where they are waiting in the swamp for the drug dealers to arrive is the one episode that stands out in my mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yep i hate you all. I am now having to find the MV box set

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
yep i hate you all. I am now having to find the MV box set

Or if you have a Roku streaming box/app, they're available through the Roku Channel.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Or if you have a Roku streaming box/app, they're available through the Roku Channel.

I am so far out in the boonies, the only way to stream anything is to get 10 neighbors in the surrounding 20 square miles to act the scenes out.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Toss up between the 4506 and Switek's Hi-Power.

quote:
...the real version of the first Airsoft pistol I bought. That was a two-tone Smith 59.

Let me guess - Daisy Soft Air Model 59? Big Grin

I had one as a kid and LOVED that pistol.
(Honestly, if I found one nowadays relative cheap, I might pick one up for nostalgia sake. Big Grin )

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Snake207,

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am so far out in the boonies, the only way to stream anything is to get 10 neighbors in the surrounding 20 square miles to act the scenes out.

With enough whiskey, that could actually be a good time.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

With enough whiskey, that could actually be a good time.

LOL,

had the same thought

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Do Glades first......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^^^^
Do Glades first......

I watched most of the first season of glades, but lost interest

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Ummmmm

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0647070/

Maybe......you won’t even twitch.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Ummmmm

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0647070/

Maybe......you won’t even twitch.

Well that explains it

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1552112/

posted Hide Post
Bought a S&W 669 in the mid eighties, sold it several years later as I could never get used to the extremely long double action trigger pull.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post