SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Miami Vice era pistols
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miami Vice era pistols Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I'd go with a S&W 39-2, in a Jackass Co shoulder rig of course!

Nope, no good - that's Starsky and Hutch.

And Galco's making the Jackass these days.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
My 1985 Beretta 92F compact….

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Here’s my period correct S&W 4506.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
I liked the sawed-off shotgun that Tubbs carried. Every time he fired it, the sound was dubbed over with that of a howitzer.

"Beat it, punks."

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 638 airweight or P220 or both.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
I liked the sawed-off shotgun that Tubbs carried. Every time he fired it, the sound was dubbed over with that of a howitzer.

"Beat it, punks."

"Can it wait? I'm a little busy right now."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10901 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Beretta 92FS purchased in 1991.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Maybe just use whatever Jim is rocking...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16314 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Maybe just use whatever Jim is rocking...

That's be a Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun and a M1911A1.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know much about the S&W semi-autos of the 1980s and 90s but it seems like that was a golden era for them.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the 645….

If I was feeling like more rounds, it would be a Beretta 92:

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My police trade in Smith and Wesson 5906 would do the trick. Just changed out these ugly Hogue grips that came with it for a new pair of original factory grips. Much better now.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Cool Beans! NICE 6904 from Southeastern Supply Co.--Spent LOTSA' money in there from the early-to-mid '80's thru whenever they closed down their second location OTP...

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I had one that could have been its twin. Bought it NIB in 1990 for about $375. Should have never sold.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly certain I've seen every episode at least once. I don't think "Rico" Tubbs EVER sported anything but a plain-old blued M49 J-frame Bodyguard .38...and....any of several 12ga scatterguns. Most notable were a cut-down Ithaca with a 'stick' pump handle, and several cut-down double-barrels, with and without stocks.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother in law gave his 6906 pistol to an uncle of his, while down in Florida. We were all talking about it and holding it. I remember mine, it was a great gun and still is. It is one of the ones I regret selling.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
I'm fairly certain I've seen every episode at least once. I don't think "Rico" Tubbs EVER sported anything but a plain-old blued M49 J-frame Bodyguard .38...and....any of several 12ga scatterguns.

Tubbs never used a Model 49.

Tubbs used a S&W Model 38 most of the time. But he's also seen using a S&W Model 36, a S&W Model 29, a Beretta Cheetah, a Sig P226, a Detonics Scoremaster 1911, and a Remington 1866 Derringer during various episodes.

Alongside several different shotguns, he also occasionally wielded rifles in some episodes, including a HK94, Colt 733, CAR-15, and M16A1, as well as an Uzi.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I always thought of Michael Talbott who played Switek on the show as being the real gun guy.

His primary was a Nickel plated hi-power but he would show up with all kinds of hardware including (I think) an M60 machine gun Eek

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10901 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget the quintessential dealer's gat...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16314 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post