SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The most accurate handgun(s) you have owned
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The most accurate handgun(s) you have owned Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92fs
SIG p239 in .40s&w

Posts: 6 | Location: Texas Hill Country  | Registered: November 30, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
629 Smith at hundred yards on clay birds and calling the shots,actually the birds were on the burn at one twenty,hay I got witnesses.

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P210 (Standard)
Browning HP
Beretta 92fs

Honorable mention: P225 from Zurich. I'm the proud owner of two P225s (both Swiss) and one P6. This one, for whatever reason, stands out as exceptionally accurate.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Mine are the HK Elite and CZ Shadow 2 Orange both in 9mm.
A few others come close but the above get my best results.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always done my best work with revolvers and my most accurate guns are no exception.
I once owned ( sold it foolishly though my current mid 1950’s combat masterpiece is very close) a beater looking S&W model ten. Standard weight barrel, looked as if it survived a couple skids down the road or something ugly as sin.
Sub one inch groups at 25 yards, shooting the old PPC course, five inch or less hand held groups were the norm.
I have a 7&1/2 colt single action army ( the classic fixed sight version) that apparently was put together right. I can shoot it more accurately than any auto even match grade 191@‘s I have owned. At 50 feet, you basically get a hole after five shots about twice the size of the bullet. The long sight radius I guess helps a ton.

Posts: 3298 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown 1911s one in 9mm the other in 10mm.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Sig P210 both Swiss and American are good, I shoot the latter more, mostly just so I don’t care as much about scratching it, or general wear and tear.

Pardini GT9, six inch, 9mm. Nice.

Ruger Single Six. I picked it up years ago at a show, less than $200. It had lost half its finish, has a crazy long sight radius and a single action hair trigger. As a .22, it is stupid easy to shoot accurate. Magnificent.

Posts: 837 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
Burdon custom 1911 bullseye gun
Series 70 Colt Gold Cup
High Standard Victor
Volquartsen Black Mamba

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without question...K22 shipped in August 1956. On top in photo below.

Posts: 652 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
9mm:
Sig P210-2
Sig P226 Sport
CZ75 Pre B

.45acp:
Rock River Arms 1911 .45acp Elite Commando made in 2006
Les Baer 1911 .45acp Thunder Ranch
Springfield 1911 .45acp Professional

I’m sure I have had others that I can’t remember, but these are tops of what I have today.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
My High Standard Supermatic Citation Military. Bought it new in 1970.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
95% or greater pistol accuracy is the shooter. My 226X5 and my P320 full both shoot the same, about 1" at 50 yards according to Bruce Gray. GGI has worked on all my Sigs.

-c1steve

Posts: 4062 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My T/C Contender is the most accurate handgun I own. When the .223, 14" barrel is mounted, along with the 3-12 LER Burris scope, it shoots ragged holes at 200 meters. The 14"barreled 30/30 also shoots great out to 200 meters.

My Matt Mink built CZ SP01 is the most accurate semi I own.

My Dan Wesson 44mag revolver with a 8" barrel mounted is my most accurate revolver.

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4039 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done.
I have to say that I have been surprised at the level of interest and replies in this thread.
I am very happy that there are people still who interested in marksmanship for the sake of marksmanship.
Defensive firearms are great but target firearms have always been my favorites.
Thank you all for your interest and input.

In high regards
Russell

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2921 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Colt Python Bright Blue many years ago.
HK P7!

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raggedhole:
...getting older.
I can’t shoot as well as I have in the past.

quote:
Originally posted by raggedhole:
Defensive firearms are great but target firearms have always been my favorites.

Same here.

Although I was never any marksman, my target pistols made me look like one. But, I don't think I can do as well anymore. Eyes getting old.
I no longer own any of the following, but they were such a joy to shoot, always putting a smile on my face, when I did my part.

First, this FrankenXgun (X6 Skeleton Black upper on the X5 Open lower). I called it the X6 Skeleton Supermatch Reverse Two-tone.

This one is the P226 X6 Midnight.

P210 Silver Skeleton

P210 Black Skeleton

This CZ75 Taipan was built by the Frankonia Tuning Center in Germany. Not bad for an off-hand groups.

Q

Posts: 26462 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn nice shooting Q.....wish I could post the like !

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me this is an easy question. My two P7 psp’s, when I even remotely do my part those things are lasers.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it's CZ 75 Shadow 2 SAO, following closly by P226 Legion SAO, both in 9mm.

Posts: 21 | Location: Bronx/NY | Registered: June 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post