SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The most accurate handgun(s) you have owned
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The most accurate handgun(s) you have owned Login/Join 
posted
I have been thinking about this for a while lately as I have been getting older.
I can’t shoot as well as I have in the past.

My list
Smith and Wesson MD41
Smith and Wesson 952-2
H&K P7M8
Sig Sauer P226 Sportstock
Sig Sauer P226 X5 L1
Sig Sauer P226 X5 Allround
Sig Sauer P239 SAS
Les Baer Supertac
Ed Brown Executive Target 9mm
Nighthawk Vickers (original)
Nighthawk Heinie (original)
Nighthawk Classic

What have been your most accurate..?

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2921 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonner
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mark iV, 22LR, Target Stainless Steel, 10" barrel, iron sights

And so it goes...

Posts: 5 | Location: PA USA | Registered: October 18, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do love Ruger Mark IV Series Pistols.
Volquartsen versions as well.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Regards

Posts: 2921 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
For me my Browning Buckmark Stainless Camper. Only pistol on a good day I can shoot a magazine of 10 rounds at 75 feet into a 3 inch group rapid fire and with cheap bulk ammo too. It is a pistol that is mechanically extremely accurate, has a great trigger, and fits my hand well too.

At 71 my accuracy was declining too but for me strength training has helped quite a bit especially with stronger grip/arms/shoulders and stronger core to help me hold pistol steady.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
The most accurate handguns, or some of the ones I shoot the best. First two are very accurate, the rest probably more along the lines as I shoot them best.

Classic X6 L1
X5 Legion (320)
Ed Brown 1911
Wilson 1911
Sig MK25
CZ PCR
S&W 625 (model 1989)
S&W 686

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An older Browning Buckmark with a factory compensated bbl. When I do my job, this thing is scary accurate @ 25 yards.

Posts: 6630 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of all the guns my Ruger Mark IV stainless Target. I did add a Volquartzen accurizing kit, exact edge extractor, and a stainless firing pin. With iron sights it’s a tack driver. No failures and shooting over 100o rounds so far. .

Posts: 371 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK USP Expert 9mm
HK P7 9mm
Sig P229 357Sig
Sig P225 9mm
Langdon Tactical Beretta 92 Elite 9mm

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
What are we using for a guide?

Minute of belt buckle, a 10 shot string in a quarter at 10 yds?

I qualified as an Expert shot with a 1911,M9, & P229DAK but the target is the two center rings (8” wide)of the TransstarII target from 12yds and 25 yds

For me my 2011 Edge (because it’s heavy and a single action) and my Ruger 22/45

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tops: Sig Sauer X6 in .45. Slightly outperforms the X6 in 9mm which is a close second.

Down the list almost a tie:

Les Baer 1911 Premier 2
Wilson Combat Protector.
Langdon Tactical P226
Sig P210
CZ Tactical Sports in 9mm

The 3 HK P7 PSP or the P7M8 don't make the list.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7.5” S&W Model 57 with a Leupold 2X pistol scope and a Savage Striker 22-250 with a Burris 2-7X32 pistol scope.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 52
SIG X5 9 mm
S&W Model 14-2 Single Action
Les Baer Monolith Stinger .45 ACP

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 686 no dash… all original, never sent in for the hammer upgrade. It’s the most accurate pistol I’ve ever shot

Posts: 461 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Go Navy
posted Hide Post
The HK USP 9 Compact. I wish I had not sold it!!

"I wish to have no connection with a ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way".---(John Paul Jones)

Sig P226 Mk25 Navy; Sig P229R/9mm; Sig P228R. Member Gun Owners of Calif. and NRA (Life). USN Veteran.

Posts: 517 | Location: Northern Taxifornia | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Revolver - 6” 686
Semi auto: - SIG P210 Target
Rimfire: Browning Buck Mark

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was younger with better vision I would shoot targets out to 22 yards.
I did push ups and sit-ups every day to help with strength.
New glasses every year.
I shot three or four times a week.
I lived two stop signs down from my indoor range called Memorial Shooting Center in the Spring Branch area of west Houston.
I was really focused on target shooting with pistols.

After awhile I improved to be able to shoot a five shot group into the scoring section of a B27 Blue Man target at 22 yards almost on demand.
Slow Fire
Two Handed Bullseye so to speak.

Those days are long gone.

I did not ever compete with anyone other than myself.
It was more of a ZEN thing.
Personal improvement if you will.

posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson Valor
CZ TSO is amazing.

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
S&W Performance Center PPC 9, based on the 5906 platform.
I had to get it through a 'connection' since they were normally available only to LE.

Then, my 6" S&W 952, followed by my Sig M49 (early P210).

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16533 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revolver: 4 inch S&W model 25-5 in 45 Colt.
Auto: P225.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning HP
Beretta 92

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post