SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 22 Magazines used for 357 Sig ammo-Reliable?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 22 Magazines used for 357 Sig ammo-Reliable? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Ordering a 357 Sig barrel for my Glock 22.
Probably read about this a hundred times, but can I use 357 Sig ammo in my G22 magazines reliably?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The latest ones have followers that look exactly like 357 followers.

Two years ago I went to our blue label dealer to get some 31 mags for practice and they didn't have any so I bought a few dozen Glock 22 mags. They've been working just fine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Chowser...Thank you.

Glock 22 mags ( genuine Glock) are hard to find currently. I ordered several from Greg Cote when the mags were restocked, but they sell out fast.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I use Glock 22 and 23 mags in my 32 and have never had an issue.

Here’s a thread from yesterday with multiple links to genuine Glock 22 mags currently (as of yesterday) in stock.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7190086774

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have a 22 and a 23 with 357 conversion barrels. I also have 357 mags.
I have noticed no difference swapping between mags.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Any input on the reverse? I have a few .357 mags and wonder if they may cause any probs in a .40 gun. I haven't had any, but I don't shoot .40 a ton.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Any input on the reverse? I have a few .357 mags and wonder if they may cause any probs in a .40 gun. I haven't had any, but I don't shoot .40 a ton.

I’ve never had an issue with this either.

I don’t even keep my .40 and .357 Sig mags separate from each other. They are all in one container and I just grab a few when I take one of the guns to the range.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They work just fine; I have a .357 SIG barrel for my Gen4 G22, and I've been very pleased with it. Sights (at least for close- to medium-range use maintain the same POA/POI (although Glock G31s come OEM with an incriment higher rear sight, interestingly).
Although I have a G31 magazine, and another inbound, that's strictly as an identification thing for me, not an operational necessity; .357 SIG cartridges work just fine in G22 magazines. A Glock tech told me the only real issue was when attempting to use a G22 magazine in a G32 or G23 with a .357 SIG barrel-with that combination, the G31 magazine is strongly advised, due to the different followers (the G31 followers resolve an apparent operational chambering issue when using the full-size magazine in the compact gun).
Best, Jon

Posts: 995 | Location: Auburn, WA USA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info fellers

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post