SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    10mm Glock discussion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm Glock discussion Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've had a G40 with a Delta point Pro for a bit over 3 years. I carry it in a Kenai chest rig or a Don Hume 726 OWB holster. I've run quite a few different kinds of ammo through it....about 1200 rounds total without a single issue. Great pistol.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My Gen 3 Glock 20 is pretty pleasant to shoot Underwood full power through. It has a heavier recoil spring on a steel rod. Reliability has been 100%. I have an aftermarket 6" barrel to shoot maximum hardcast loads through.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't have a 10mm yet, but the desire is there. I really like the idea of the G29, although I've never shot one. The biggest thing that's keeping me on the fence is that I've been told that the 10mm Glocks bulge brass and make it unreloadable. I reload for everything I shoot, I've sold off brass-eating guns before, and I won't intentionally buy another. Have any of you handloaders experienced this with your 10mm Glocks? Or is this just a rare occurrence that's been blown out of proportion by the internet?

I know, I know...I could buy one and just get an aftermarket barrel, but I shouldn't have to do that. Plus, in my experience GLocks tend to be most reliable when you just leave them as the factory intended, so I'm not really interested in messing with that.

Posts: 8613 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Have Glock 29SF for backwoods an occasional urban carry. Use Underwood ammo, 135gr. or 180gr. for urban and 200gr. for backwood where bear trouble can happen. 135gr. and 180 gr. have modest recoil the 200gr. is as they say "stout." If a bear is threaten me I doubt I'd notice the recoil.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only shot factory 10mm ammo, but I do prefer the Gen4 guns over the earlier generations. I've found the recoil of the dual-spring RSA Gen4 models fairly controllable and not that unpleasant, including the G29. Though it's safe to say that I just as likely wouldn't enjoy shooting hot woods/bear loads through it for an entire session on the range.

-MG

Posts: 2004 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I have a G20 Gen4 that is my woods gun. I’m rarely on trails. I worked in the woods for years and never carried, but at my age, I feel better having it on me for emergencies should one ever arise. I keep Underwood 220 grain hard cast lead bullets in it and a spare mag with range ammo should I feel like popping off a few rounds. I’m 74 and don’t find recoil all that bad, but if I put a few rounds thru the 20, then pick up my G17, the G17 feels like a .22. The G20 is one of those guns I will Never sell.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Local Glock dealer is out of stock on blue line guns. Said check back mid week.

Does anyone know if the 10mms are available yet in Gen5 form?

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I think I’m gonna sell off a bunch of 10 mm Glocks, holler before they go in the Classifieds.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
I think I’m gonna sell off a bunch of 10 mm Glocks, holler before they go in the Classifieds.

Sybo, Responded to your email.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I just picked this up today. Used, in excellent condition and I think I got a pretty good deal from my local dealer. Will be shooting it this evening at my club's indoor range. Fortunately I have ammo for it.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Still got them..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Glock 40 Pattern on a P80 lower with LWD slide, Vortex Venom and KKM 7" barrel.
So far as striker fired pistols go, I like everything about a Glock except the grip frame.
I had a new G40 which I used to work out the fitment/bugs in my build. It now belongs to one of my grandsons.

The lower pistol is a G35 Pattern, P80 lower, Glock Slide, and KKM barrel. It is my nightstand pistol.

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That could be the coolest 10mm longslide i have ever seen. Nice work !!

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
How well do the PF45 80% frames hold up to a steady diet of full power 10mm?
Has anyone put a lot of hot rounds through one?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thans, longjohn.
RNShooter, here's a link that addresses your concerns.
 https://www.rainierarms.com/bl...compact-frame-build/ 

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post