SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fiber Optic Front Sight on a carry gun.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fiber Optic Front Sight on a carry gun. Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
I had them on my GP100 at one time. Its easy to see in daylight or at the range, but doesn’t do anything for you in low light. I prefer the night sights with the white outline around the tritium as a go to sight.

+

I took a low light class and used only a gun with FO just to test this. I'd shot the same class two previous times using night sights.

I can tell you that there was only one lighting scenario, aside from pitch darkness and no use of a light, that FO didn't work just fine: if you were backlit and didn't use a light of your own.

Every other scenario (WML or handheld light and any lighting scenario or target backlit and no light used) had the FO working perfectly well.

The worst you got was black on black.

So from my experience, there's relatively little downside to FO unless you're in pitch darkness (in which case you probably shouldn't be shooting if you can't ID your target). Then tritium is superior. But I've got a light on my gun and a light in my pocket, so....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post