SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Something new from SiG Mar 22nd
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something new from SiG Mar 22nd Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I would prefer a 320 style gun. The 365s just don’t excite me for anything more than a concealed carry gun.

But we’ll see what this thing is like in person.
Wonder if Sig is actually making it themselves?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25437 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Was hoping it would be a kit for the P320, the fewer parts needed the better.

I'll stick with my Rugers...again.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Rutgers but they are hitting a different segment. 20+1, threaded, optics ready, FO out of the box, hell they even fluted the chamber which in my mind could turn out to be brilliant with less than stellar reliability of 22 ammo. If it runs well this thing just destroyed the Glock 44 market.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Odd, sig removed the video that sig put out in the email about the new sig, so I googletoobed it, and huh its still on utoob

Link P322

Posts: 23542 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was ready to buy the Glock 44 about three times and every time the dealer said dont buy it jams too much and does not work well with anything less than 40 grains so I did not. Hoping that the 322 is reliable with all 22LR ammo.

Posts: 178 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hammer fired? So it's SAO?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, hence the obligatory safety.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah. With the safeties on the 365s and 320s, I guess I vaguely expected the pistol to be striker-fired.

FWIW: called up SIG CS today, and they have no idea what the slide is made of but assured me that they tried to take every lesson learned from the Mosquito and apply them to the P322 - which, they also assured me, is completely built in-house. I guess I'm willing to gamble on one at some point.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Slide is made out of an aluminum alloy.

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how long until they start showing up at LGS?

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ksss:
Anyone know how long until they start showing up at LGS?

A review I watched P322 review said they started shipping to distributors a couple of days ago so they should be in stock soon.

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for a P320 in .22, as I much prefer that grip and form factor over the P365, but credit where credit is due, this looks pretty cool. If history has shown us anything, trying to modify an existing design to accommodate .22LR usually produces less than satisfactory results. Going with a ground-up new design has a lot of merit in this case.

I like the internally threaded barrel with the adapter....that's a great idea, and I'm surprised we haven't seen it in other applications. I imagine that this is a fixed barrel, so they don't have to worry about the lockup surface between the front of the barrel and slide like they would with a traditional tilting barrel locked breech design.

The fluted chamber sounds promising as well. the biggest downfall of most .22LR semi-autos is their unreliability, but if Sig has managed to overcome that with this design, they may have a winner here. If it ends up being as reliable as they claim it is, I may have to get one. I wonder what the price is going to be...

Posts: 8639 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what thread suppressor does the adapter accept? I tried to google it and looked st the Sig web site but could not find the answer

Posts: 552 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
22 Plinkster usually gives solid reviews. He claims to have witnessed thousands of rounds through dirty guns with no gun related malfunctions. Fluting the chamber is a brilliant step in my mind. I wish Beretta would fluted the chamber on the Bobcats. It certainly can’t hurt. They say a P7 doesn’t even need an extractor. Good idea.

If anything it’s kind of like the love child between a 365 and a 250.

If you truly hate the fiber optic rear sight it would be easy to blacken the rear sight. Remove the fiber rod and put a tiny glob of epoxy tinted black or anything similar or just a touch of black paint. My point is this isn’t a show stopper. I darken 3 dot white sights all the time.

This thing has a ton of features for the price. Once they start arriving and price stabilizes it will be a segment killer. No reason it shouldn’t be plenty accurate either.

I would buy one at msrp today. Then I would try to find those 25 round mags because, well just because.

posted Hide Post
I gotta think it’s the standard 1/2 x 28. Plinkster was using a Silencerco Sparrow and that’s what they take.

posted Hide Post
quote:
If it runs well this thing just destroyed the Glock 44 market.

I tend to doubt that. From what our shop has seen, demand for G44 has never been higher though Glock's ability to actually provide adequate supply of their pistol couldn't be much worse. Many of the folks looking at and/or buying Glock's .22 love the idea of using it as a supplemental, lower operating cost training tool to their existing G19 (or G23, etc.), especially in these high-cost times. It fills the same niche like FNH has with their 502 and S&W with their M&P 22s.

I tend to see this new SIG as doing something similar with both the P365 and P320, even if it isn't a true physical match to either. It appears to be similar enough to its larger caliber brethren that it doesn't carry the standalone/stand-apart nature that say, Ruger's SR22 has.

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They claimed the G44 worked with all ammo. It’s just not true. It sells because it’s a Glock. As soon as a Sig is sitting next to a G44 and the customer realizes it has double the capacity, optics ready, threaded, better sights, adjustable better sights, it has a metal slide vs plastic, come on. The Glock will still sell but this thing will quickly overtake it if it’s reliable. It’s not like putting a Taurus next to the Glock. It’s a Sig that looks a lot like very popular Sigs.

If you really think Glock management isn't pissed right now, well then I don’t know what to tell you. If this thing works my G44 is gonzo. Even if the G44 was reliable as hell it has no features that stand up well to this gun. None other than saying Glock. I love Glocks but I wouldn’t buy a G44 ever again and don’t recommend it to anyone.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
The Glock doesn’t actually work very well. We all know this. They claimed it worked with all ammo. It’s just not true. It sells because it’s a Glock.

Wait are you saying you won't buy a Glock, even though you bought a Glock Razz

I have the G44, can't remember ever having a hickup or problem with it feeding or shooting, maybe a time or two with FTF but that was more due to running a lot of 22lr and cheap shit at that. I'm not running high test 22 through it, and for the most part it's been very good.

However, I will add this to my 22 collection, keep the 44, shoot both...

Heres the G44 after I added the threaded barrel and my Spikes Lil Buckwheat suppressor.. Which will look good on the P322

Posts: 23542 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I’m not quite sure how you got that meaning out of that sentence but sometimes I type funny. Lol. I own lots of Glocks. I don’t particularly like them all. I’m giving my G43 away to my nephew. I don’t like it very much. My G44 finicky. I love cheap bulk pack. 40 grain, 36 grain, whatever is cheap and available. If I shoot MiniMags it works fine. I don’t like that I have to be “particular”. If this Sig truly works with everything it’s already better.

This thing destroys the Glock based on feature set. It’s hard to argue otherwise. Saying you love your Glock is one thing, failing to acknowledge that this thing is cheaper with a bunch more features including double the mag capacity in the same size doesn’t float.

Glock needs to figure out a way to mount optics, double the capacity, ship with real sights, and give a threaded barrel option. Short of that, anybody skipping this offering is dangerously close to fanboy behavior. It’s not like we are talking about a Taurus here. It’s a Sig 250 that looks like a 365 shooting 22’s at a very competitive price point.

Good news for you guys though is that when I get rid of my G44 I’m going to karma the extra mags because they were very generously karma’d to me on this forum. Everybody wins!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

I like the internally threaded barrel with the adapter....that's a great idea, and I'm surprised we haven't seen it in other applications. I imagine that this is a fixed barrel, so they don't have to worry about the lockup surface between the front of the barrel and slide like they would with a traditional tilting barrel locked breech design.

The S&W M&P 22 has an internally threaded barrel.

The P322 does have a fixed barrel.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post