SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Something new from SiG Mar 22nd
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something new from SiG Mar 22nd Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
If it runs well this thing just destroyed the Glock 44 market.

I tend to doubt that. From what our shop has seen, demand for G44 has never been higher though Glock's ability to actually provide adequate supply of their pistol couldn't be much worse. Many of the folks looking at and/or buying Glock's .22 love the idea of using it as a supplemental, lower operating cost training tool to their existing G19 (or G23, etc.), especially in these high-cost times. It fills the same niche like FNH has with their 502 and S&W with their M&P 22s.

Interesting our shop sells very very few Glock 44s they sit on the shelf for quite awhile before they sell.
They come back rather quickly. I think we have 2 used at the moment.
Everyone I have talked to has to have super hot 1250+ FPS for them to function reliably.

I have an FN 502 and it wipes the floor with the 44. 15 round mags, suppressor height sights, optics plates, TB, good ergonomics, and the trigger is actually really good.
I’d argue it is better than the 509 trigger.

Glad to see more options certainly but as I stated early I would far prefer a P320 clone.

Probably should have called this the P362.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25441 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still think it’s more like the 252. Lol

I am going to Florida Gun Exchange tomorrow. If they have one at msrp I’m taking it home.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
If anything it’s kind of like the love child between a 365 and a 250.

OK, now I really want to see what the trigger's like. I like the triggers on both the 365 and 250, but I've always associated .22s with fairly straightforward SAO triggers.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I’m kind of an idiot so don’t take my word for it. Lol. I just meant that the 250 had an internal hammer as does this one. I suppose it would have been pretty easy to make it a da/sa but the market likes strikers and this looks like a striker. I doubt the triggers are too much alike although as a SA trigger how bad could it really be? Plus, as a SA it should be able to be improved upon.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
If it runs well this thing just destroyed the Glock 44 market.

I tend to doubt that. From what our shop has seen, demand for G44 has never been higher though Glock's ability to actually provide adequate supply of their pistol couldn't be much worse. Many of the folks looking at and/or buying Glock's .22 love the idea of using it as a supplemental, lower operating cost training tool to their existing G19 (or G23, etc.), especially in these high-cost times. It fills the same niche like FNH has with their 502 and S&W with their M&P 22s.

Interesting our shop sells very very few Glock 44s they sit on the shelf for quite awhile before they sell.
They come back rather quickly. I think we have 2 used at the moment.
Everyone I have talked to has to have super hot 1250+ FPS for them to function reliably.

We were running regular CCI Blazer gray boxed 40GR LRN through a customer's G44 during a shoot late last year; comparable velocity to jacketed Mini-Mags. One failure to eject in 300 rounds with multiple shooters, which to me is not bad for any 22LR. My well broken-in SR22 on that day had two failures with the same ammo over 450ish rounds.

A coworker also recently picked up a G44 and says he's yet to have experienced any problems over the first 250 rounds, also shooting several different types of CCI ammo. He did use Velocitors for the first 100 rounds after reading the same kinds of comments on the web regarding reliability, but switched to 40GR Mini-Mags and 38GR CCI Blazer when we managed to get some of those loads back into the shop. While these are only a sample of two it seems to say that at least with CCI ammo these two examples don't seem to be suffering. That being said, none of any of the ammo I cited is considered standard velocity.

As for the G44 vs the FNH 502: yes I agree; Glock's usual obtuse design conservatism certainly missed the boat on the current state of the market and what gun owners want. Glock probably will milk the existing gun for as long as they can, then miraculously decide to FINALLY issue some kind of MOS version in a year or so. And maybe even step up the capacity...but perhaps another two years later on. Just because they're Glock...and everyone else is not. Roll Eyes

The 502 generally sells pretty well for us. Actually better than the G44...but right now that's only because here in the west we've had a bitch of a time getting any G44 inventory. For our shop 502s come directly from FN America, and as with all things Glocks (except for the 20 guns we get through their stocking dealer program twice a year) they're only available via purchasing through distributors. Unless our buyer (or me) is willing to shop distributor websites at 2 or 3AM Pacific Time to compete with the shops in Eastern and Central time zones, there's generally little if any G44s left for us to buy by the time we get into work. Aside from our reps at Sports South, Lipsey's, Davidson's and others trying their best to grab some of their G44 allocations for the regions that they rep, we're usually shut out of most G44 deliveries that Glock gets to their participating distributors.

So consequently we wind up with considerably more 502s to sell than G44s and as a result the FN by default wins the sales number race in our shop as well. But G44a when we do manage to get them so far has never lasted more than 2-3 days, whereas a 502 typically takes about twice the amount of time to sell. We've long had these shortage problems with distributor-only brands like Glock, Ruger and now Savage, among others. And during COVID this disparity has only been amplified given the manufacturing problems and shortages, and the insane demand for guns over a good chunk of the past two years.

(And yes I'm actually shopping the distributors right now in the early hours while I posted this). Frown

-MG

Posts: 2008 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I gotta think it’s the standard 1/2 x 28. Plinkster was using a Silencerco Sparrow and that’s what they take.

I hope you are right. Thats what I have. Strange its not specified anywhere.

Posts: 552 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
quote:
I gotta think it’s the standard 1/2 x 28. Plinkster was using a Silencerco Sparrow and that’s what they take.

I hope you are right. Thats what I have. Strange its not specified anywhere.

Per Jeremy S. YouTube video it is 1/2×28

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a 21 rd .22 called the Sig 322. Introduced today.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The P322 sku began showing up on the distributors websites late last night. Hopefully inventory won’t be far behind. Not sure if I saw it posted but MAP is supposed to be $400.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Store here says you can have their first one for $449.95. Wonder if #2 will be at list.

Posts: 3290 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I’ll definitely get one to accompany my Sr-22 and for suppressor work, but I’ll wait 6-12 month for prices to normalize and beta testing to complete.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6339 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are showing up at Big Box stores at 399.99 and selling out fast.
Fools are paying way too much on Gunbroker
Be patient, when supply catches up to initial demand you may get a $50 gift card with that to buy some ammo.
Think P365, they are not hard to find

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ yes and give it time to work out a bug or two

Posts: 5346 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to hearing more reviews about the pistol. I'm interested in it.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alas, I checked both big gun shops near my house, no luck. I will check again next week.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by magholderusa:
I'm looking forward to hearing more reviews about the pistol. I'm interested in it.

16+ YouTube videos showed up yesterday.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the first unsponsored one I have found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SY-OQahv6k
quote:
Originally posted by magholderusa:

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alas, I checked both big gun shops near my house, no luck. I will check again next week.

Good luck and hope you get one soon. I may be buying one soon too and am not worried about being an early adopter as it is strictly a range pistol and not for defense. A few people on various forums already have a P322 they found locally and early reports from them were very encouraging. Curious too in how accurate the P322 will be shooting from a rest.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I read a review that said it jammed spectacularly about every 3rd round or so.

Sig Beta testing in action.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who was the reviewer? I would like to read that one. All the reviewers I tend to gravitate toward have had outstanding reviews. Not ok, not good, but outstanding.

I hate beta testing but for fucks sake this is a plinker. I don’t really worry about that for a 22 that is going to do steel matches, tin cans, and occasional beer bets. Besides which there is nothing revolutionary about this gun. It’s just a good combination of features. A full sized hammer fired SAO. Not exactly ground breaking. I would imagine the magazine required the most “engineering”. I bet there isn’t a lot of beta testing involved on this.

If I can find one I will tell you. Nobody loves cheap bulk pack more than me. I hate 22’s that only Fire CCI or better. It needs to shot Rem Golden’s, that’s my torture test. Lol