SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun Range is Still Open... Life is Good
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Range is Still Open... Life is Good Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The club I belong to has restricted its hours and canceled all organized matches and classes until further notice. No guests are allowed at all (regular rules require a host to stay within arms length of their guest whenever the guest is handling a firearm, so that would violate the 6' rule). The clubhouse and indoor range are closed, only the outdoor ranges are open.

I've been working up a couple of loads for my new AR, so I'm going to take some time off work tomorrow afternoon and head out there for some hopefully private load testing and chronographing time.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I got my new sights in the mail today so after installing I'll be heading down to the range tonight to test them out.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
While my club is still open, my ability to go has been greatly curtailed. With three kids at home 7 y/o and younger no way am I about to leave my wife with the bunch to go shoot. I’d love to, but I also enjoy being happily married.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Beautiful sunny day about 45 degrees this AM so my wife and I headed out to the range. Great practice session. There were some other shooters out there enjoying a nice morning too.

Only good thing that is happening right now - range time!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Took the P365 for a workout yesterday. Fun!

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke too soon, they shut down the outdoor range last week. I was finally going to sight in my rifles the right way.
My club is small and NOBODY is ever there, I’m sure they might have a little more traffic now, but it’s on acres and acres of land.
Considering most people are trying to conserve ammo, I doubt anyone is there.

I just wanted to take a breather from the house projects!

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My range closed about a week ago. Until then I kept busy working up different loads and going to the range daily to experiment with then. Now I'm lost. Not saying I'm going to go crazy and start looting or anything, but...

Posts: 55 | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All ranges in my ao are closed, public and private.
Shops are still open with condensed schedules but no range.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Mine has of course canceled all group events as well as all the shotgun events but the pistol and rifle ranges are still available but it seems no guest are allowed....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post