SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun Range is Still Open... Life is Good
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Range is Still Open... Life is Good Login/Join 
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
My clubs outdoor range postponed organized matches which often attract 70+ shooters, but members can go anytime.

Our outdoor range has done the same. I went this afternoon and was the only person there other than someone cutting grass.

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Just how many more people have to die before you guys start taking this shit seriously?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cwelch:
quote:
My clubs outdoor range postponed organized matches which often attract 70+ shooters, but members can go anytime.

Our outdoor range has done the same. I went this afternoon and was the only person there other than someone cutting grass.

Same here. I'm retired and usually hit the range early, I have the multiple outdoor ranges all to myself. Here's the guidance:

ALL SCHEDULED EVENTS FOR APRIL HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. MAY EVENTS ARE STILL TO BE DETERMINED.

IN KEEPING WITH STATE AND LOCAL PROTOCOL, THE CLUB IS CANCELLING ALL EVENTS OF 10 OR MORE PEOPLE THRU APRIL (THIS INCLUDES ALL COMPETITIONS, FORMAL PRACTICES, AND ANY OTHER GATHERINGS), AT WHICH TIME WE WILL REEVALUATE THE SITUATION. THE CLUB IS STILL OPEN TO INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS BUT WE ASK THAT MEMBERS PRACTICE "SOCIAL DISTANCING", GOOD HYGIENE, AND COMMON SENSE WHEN USING THE FACILITIES.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Just how many more people have to die before you guys start taking this shit seriously?

Bob

Get out of my thread. And just knock that stupid shit off.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Our indoor range is open limited days and times. Tues thru Saturday 10am until 2. Son and I are going today.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went shooting yesterday at our Sportsman's Club. Great facility - numerous bays (12 or so...) so you can shoot by yourself and practice your "social distancing" …

We were the only ones at the range, but as we left another shooter was driving in.

Great exercise for the mind!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
There was only one other couple shooting when we were there and they were 4 lanes away from us. Safer than the grocery store.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryanp225,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

This is exactly how our club has handled it. Members have the combination to the gate, and can go out themselves, but it is recommended they practice the "social distancing" (6ft) guidelines.

We might be members of the same club?
Yavapai Recreation league?

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Son and I went and shot again today. We were the only ones there. Shot my Savage .223 bolt action, and I ran through the ILEA qual course a couple of times with my new P245. I could have done better, but no malfunctions with the gun.

We also took the boat out today. Didn't catch any fish (water temps are still in the high 40s), but it was great to get out and there are no social distancing concerns on the lake!

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I drove about 3 hours roundtrip to shoot rifles yesterday. It was well worth the trip.
https://www.okshooting.com/

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty annoyed that my private club has shut down completely under the premise that we are organized as a social club, not a range business, so therefore not an essential business. While I'm in full agreement with cancelling public events, as an outdoor-only facility, we could easily allow members access while enforcing social distancing standards.

Yesterday I took a friend who is a new shooter (bought his first gun during the panic) to a local indoor range that is open, and was reminded why I hate public indoor ranges by the idiot two lanes over doing a rapid fire mag dump from an AR15.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:

Bob

Get out of my thread. And just knock that stupid shit off.

Thank you. GTFO and and go to the corona thread in the Lounge and spew your expertise there, since you think you're "expert sometimes". Roll Eyes

Oh, btw, just came back from the range, and it was great. I told the guys I appreciate them staying open as usual.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q.
My wife and I went again last night and we also told the owner thank you for not only staying open but also for doing such a good job cleaning between every shooter.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Well crap, our newer indoor northern AZ gun club just shut down. Business is down with no guns/ammunition to purchase. While the range still attracts a few enthusiasts, it's apparently not enough to stay open except for LEO training.

The owner said a few enthusiasts that have come in have demonstrated 'imprudent poor behavior' that also prompted the move.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Governor of New Jersey has closed all indoor and outdoor range, public and private. By executive order. Law suit filed.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The club I belong to, outdoor ranges, went through a period of sending email messages to all members: we're going to close. No, we'll be open. We'll close. We'll open.

I got kind of dizzy, trying to keep up with it.

Now it seems that they have finally settled on closed, by a vote of 4 to 3 (board members).

No word on when the next reversal will occur, but that doesn't matter, they will reverse the reversal within 24 hours.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
My clubs outdoor ranges are mostly open ( no shotgun sports and no indoor) and the pistol area has wide bays and wide access paths though I suspect they are seeing extremely limited use based on an extreme reduction of the number of cars I see driving around in general.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Got out of the house and went up to the private club on Saturday. Shot 100 clays and just plinked at some steel. Just me and a few other members on like 100 acres or something.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Got out of the house and went up to the private club on Saturday. Shot 100 clays and just plinked at some steel. Just me and a few other members on like 100 acres or something.

Cherokee?

I was going to go up a few weeks ago, but my day didn't work out as planned.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our club is closed right now but I have a key to the gate and permission to shoot as long as it’s just me.

Confirmed zero on two rifles and did some plinking with them Saturday. Had the whole place to myself.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post