SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are you most excited about at SHOT so far?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you most excited about at SHOT so far? Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State armeory/Magpul MP5

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steyr announced a new pistol. It’s pretty much their version of the 320 and I want it badly

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I was holding off on purchases until shot but nothing's really blowing my skirt up. I may or may not bite on the Steyr MF as I love my m9a1 but otherwise I'm not really blown away by anything. Seems like the last year or two has been underwhelming for my kind of stuff.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Aimpoint's new pistol optic.

just watched. Ian's hat Cool

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I understand, the new straight wall 350 Legend round is based on the 5.56x45 case. I'm a real fan of 35 caliber rifles and am sure that AR uppers will appear sooner that later for this new cartridge.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Acro P1 may be smaller than the Micro, but it is still too bulky for a pistol.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
+1 on the PSA MP5. I had hoped that it would be ready by this SHOT show but at least it sounds like they're making progress.

Acro P1 looks like the box that the RMR came in but its design and the issues that design sought to address is quite valid. I've had to clear water out of the back of my RMR'd G19 (just two days ago when shooting outdoors in the rain). And I had the same battery issues as what was described in the above P1 video. I'm more than willing to try something else, even though it's even more money and it does look rather strange on a pistol slide.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I learned a while ago to reserve judgment until I get to try something. That doesn’t mean I don’t have initial reactions. My initial reaction is that the P1 is too big for my uses. I conceal carry my red dot. My RMR sits at the belt line and doesn’t make the pistol harder to conceal. My initial concern is the P1 would essentially make my pistol an inch taller and not conceal well.

For a duty weapon, obviously that is not a concearn. Also, for a duty weapon, not collecting rain or mud would be a huge advantage. My gun is always under my shirt, and if it’s raining...I’m an indoor cat!

I have a g40 (long slide 10mm) with an RMR on it that is set up for hunting. The P1 might be nice on that. I’ll be curious to play with one and see how it works for me.

Looking back now that the show is closing today, I’d say the Kel-Tec pistol and shotgun that had me excited on day 1 are still two of my favorites, along with the G43X and 48.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw some pictures and dimensions that indicated the overall size of the P1 is slightly taller, we are talking slightly, than a RMR but smaller than a DeltaPoint Pro.

I am intrigued. I also like the mounting system. Attach plate and P1 goes on Picatinny style with one side rail and screw. Also like the easy battery cover access.

Fugly, but I still will probably try one. Especially since I took advantage of seasonal sales and am currently building my perfect G19 (old gen4 G23 frame) RMR mule.

Posts: 7474 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
It’s not the heigh that bothers me, but where the height is. The front of the RMR (the high part) is along my belt. It really doesn’t hinder the concealment of my pistol.

My concern is in regards to the BACK of the P1. That will basically make the overall height of my G19 6” instead of 5”. I’m thinking that will hinder concealment?

Either way, I agree, I want to try one before making a decision based on a pic and specs. Gotta wait until we can handle it in real life before deciding.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It depends - several years ago plenty of people were yapping that ANY weaponlight was too big to carry - today, it's a pretty common thing to do.

It will depend on your build, how easy it is to carry in your state / area, etc etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kel-Tec double stacked 22mag, now quad stacks 22lr, genius if it works well! Does any other manufacture even double stack 22lr?

Would love to see a more conventional length 22 using that same magazine

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm not at SHOT, but trying to keep track of stuff through youtube and company sites. For me, the Kel-Tec KS7 looks cool, but I am intrigued by the CP33 .22 pistol. I sold all of my Ruger MK IIIs in 2017 and in the market for some updated .22LR pistols.

Another item of extreme interest is B&T's new ACP-9 Pro with the new dual charging handle system, removable pistol grip, and the ability to accept Glock mags. From the video clips, I like it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16696 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It depends - several years ago plenty of people were yapping that ANY weaponlight was too big to carry - today, it's a pretty common thing to do.

That’s it.

As for ugly, there is no successful gun uglier than the Glock, and yet some people have shrines and burning incense with its picture prominently displayed in their homes. One of the SHOT Show photos here is of a gun sporting a ducktail that’s big enough for King Kong to avoid hammer bite, and is anyone criticizing that? They get bigger and bigger and cooler and cooler.

Remember the guy who used to demonstrate how he could hide an S&W model 29 with a belly band? At some point we’ll see someone with an RMR and weapon light mounted on his slim and svelte single-column 9mm for trips to the convenience store.

Pretty is as pretty does, and the first time a picture of an “operator” with the Acro P-1 on his pistol shows up, sales of the unit will skyrocket even though 90% of those who buy it won’t have any use for the night vision settings.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt King Cobra has my wallet itching. Kinda PO'ed at S&W since my 627 is in the shop.

Posts: 184 | Location: Pennsylvania, PA | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
The Walther Q5 Match Steel pistol. I've heard and read great reviews about it.

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post