SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are you most excited about at SHOT so far?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you most excited about at SHOT so far? Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
I sat down this afternoon to checkout the news from SHOT so far.

I can’t believe this, but I’m actually really excited about what Kel-Tec is showing. I have a KSG (their double tube 12 ga) that I really like.

The single tube KS7 they’ve announced looks like it would be a great truck shotgun. That 33 round .22 just looks plain fun!

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...istol-at-shot-photos

The Mossberg 590 Retrograde is a must buy for me too.

So what is exciting you so far?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint's new pistol optic.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I think that the new 350 Legend from Winchester looks cool.

Plus I really like the new multi projectile 38 special loading that has been added to the line up of personal defense ammunition

The new Umarex .50 air rifle is intriguing, almost 600 lb feet of energy in an air rifle

Lots of stuff out there

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t aware of the 350 Legend round. I love that it’s straight wall for hunting here. I use a 45-70 now, so I’ll be really curious to see what the bullet drop looks like compared to 45-70.

What’s the .38 ammo you speak of? I finally picked up a couple boxes of the Federal HST .38 +p today. I’d be curious to see what’s new in the .38 world.

posted Hide Post
I just saw that ATI is introducing a US production Galil.

https://youtu.be/NIQPQ1vz9aw

https://youtu.be/MQupbVN2dyk

I will be keeping an eye on this one.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Most excited about? Not attending this year.

Don’t get me wrong, its amazing the first time but if you aren’t a heavily into the industry or a Vegas-a-holic, the shine wears off after the first 3-4 hours.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Zastava Arms USA opening up. So far none of the products I've seen have gotten me really excited. So far, anyway.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I wasn’t aware of the 350 Legend round. I love that it’s straight wall for hunting here. I use a 45-70 now, so I’ll be really curious to see what the bullet drop looks like compared to 45-70.

What’s the .38 ammo you speak of? I finally picked up a couple boxes of the Federal HST .38 +p today. I’d be curious to see what’s new in the .38 world.
I too am a fan of straight wall cartridges including the 45-70. The Legend is going to shoot MUCH flatter

My bad, the new 38 special release is from Browning, not Winchester. The new "Trail Force"38 special load is two copper discs with #9 shot between them. The payload is 1/4 ounce or approximately 110 grains. Just looks pretty cool to me

image courtesy of Browning

Winchester is adding to the LEO ammunition with a 147 Grain, 9MM offering in their new Range One line. It has a polymer filled hollow point. That should make it legal even in NJ Smile

image courtesy of Winchester

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The trail force ammo looks interesting. I've never used the shot shell type ammo. I've always been worried it would jack up the rifling in my barrel. Am I just being a Nervous Nellie?

I'm blown away that S&W didn't bring out the CORE 2.0 line. I would have bet I'd see that.

Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

My bad, the new 38 special release is from Browning, not Winchester. The new "Trail Force"38 special load is two copper discs with #9 shot between them. The payload is 1/4 ounce or approximately 110 grains. Just looks pretty cool to me

This piqued my interest for a moment but it's just an improved snake load.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm blown away that S&W didn't bring out the CORE 2.0 line. I would have bet I'd see that.

Bear in mind that sales are slumping. Ignore the part about "political shift"; that's just the inevitable wishful thinking inherent in the source.

http://abcnews.go.com/beta-sto...un-industry-60533786

At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if manufacturers are keeping some of their new model powder dry in hopes of a more receptive market a little later on.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I've always been worried it would jack up the rifling in my barrel.

I don’t believe there’s anything to worry about with shot loads in a rifled barrel. The shot is often enclosed in a plastic cup and some handloads I made up in 44 Magnum cases long ago actually patterned pretty well. If the shot isn’t enclosed in a cup it would probably cause leading, but although that can be a chore to remove, it won’t hurt anything.

I’ll be curious to learn what the copper disks of the Browning load are intended to accomplish other than serving as additional projectiles with very poor ballistic coefficients and performance. It might be to improve patterning, but I don’t see how that would be accomplished. The rear disk might be to help prevent leading from the shot, I suppose.

I don’t get excited about much of anything these days, but I have been interested in the Aimpoint Acro P-1 sight since I first learned about it months ago.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the redesign of the Kel Tec shotty. The rail, the forearm grip,etc., it looks really nice. I wonder if they will make any parts for the KSG that might be upgraded changed,especially the forearm grip and the rail,did I mention that? Big Grin

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's a funny old thing, cuz I'm not generally enamored of 1911s, but this new Citadel Tac Ultra 1911 looks interesting.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bear in mind that sales are slumping...

At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if manufacturers are keeping some of their new model powder dry in hopes of a more receptive market a little later on.
Absofrackinglootley. Unless they have a great chance to sell it to .gov / .mil / .leo or it's a widely appealing CCW type pistol, I think you'll see some things slow down a bit, for the time being.

I mean shit, you can build an AR15 for $300. M&P2.0 pistols in 40 are going for <$300.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Unfortunately for my cheapskate self, the guys who already have the stuff I want are smart enough to not try to sell existing designs into a duff market too. C'mon, Armalite, you got a debt load to retire and .308s are your bread and butter!

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Zastava Arms USA opening up. So far none of the products I've seen have gotten me really excited. So far, anyway.

There was a reason why I said "so far". Is anyone else jazzed as all get-out about a modernized AR-180 (AKA BRN-180) from Brownells', recoil system wholly contained in the receiver (no need for a buffer, spring, tube) and all? Now to find a right-side folding mechanism....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxwVAf31798

PSA: ongoing thread in Mason's Rifle Room:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3790074254

posted Hide Post
The KSG is heavy empty, loaded it will be a beast. Somewhere in the Thompson 1927 weight range.

The .22 mag is cool, though.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to confirm that the new VTAC 320 will be milled for the Delta Point Pro and that they'll get rid of the slide cuts.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kimber evo I hope is better than the solo was, the k6 dasa looks really nice

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ed Brown KC-9. That and the draft beer taps at the Rio Hotel, that fill a plastic cup, through a hole in the bottom instead of from the top. Amazing !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post