SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    10mm M&P ??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm M&P ?? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Am I the only one that had no idea this was coming? Optic ready to boot..

https://www.smith-wesson.com/p...ku=13389&preselect=1

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I saw a S&W rep at a demo day less than two weeks ago. He didn't hint at all about a new 10mm, so I too am taken by surprise. He did say that more M&Ps were on the way w/ the new trigger that was introduced in the Shield Plus, so that trigger in the M&P 10mm is greatly welcome.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't want one, but I still want one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I don't want one, but I still want one.

Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking a my safe needs a 10mm.

Wonder what the recoil is like for a pistol not all metal.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, i just declared that i had everything i wanted. I have been waiting way too long for Smith to make this not to get one

Posts: 537 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
28 ozs for a 10 mm is quite light. The recoil should be unique, I'll stick with my 44 oz Sig.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Damn, i just declared that i had everything i wanted.

I've done that a couple times through the years.

I don't do that anymore

I've currently three 1911's or 2011's in my sights. One is a distinct possibility. (Mainly a question of "Do I really want this?") Another is possible, but more than a little unlikely. The third is entirely out of the question unless I hit the lottery Smile

quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
28 ozs for a 10 mm is quite light. The recoil should be unique, ...

It'll be stout, but nobody buys such a thing to play with on the range Smile

I shot a buddy's G29 (32 oz, loaded) with full-load hard-cast a number of years back. It was stout, but not unmanageable.

quote:
... I'll stick with my 44 oz Sig.

I can't find the weight spec for my Kimber Custom II GFO, but a regular Kimber Custom II in .45 ACP weighs 38 oz. unloaded. Shooting full-load hard-cast out of it is no more challenging than shooting my Gov't 1911 in .45 ACP, really.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Since no one's posted a video yet...

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
It's long overdue for S&W. I have no need for one & I hope to God they don't put these triggers on all their M&P line. I LOVE my M&P's but I absolutely hate that blade in trigger system.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess that means that I won't need that P320 that will finally come six years after never. Wink

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at that little thing and thinking..."Why?" I guess I'll keep waiting for the 320F. :P
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
but I absolutely hate that blade in trigger system.

Hear, hear!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve never had much interest in a 10mm polymer frame pistol, but this definately has my attention. I’ve got a 10mm 1911 but I’ve always like the M&P line. I was never a fan of the Shield but I picked up a plus and can’t believe how much better it is for me. If it’s the same trigger as the Plus, it’ll be a sweet gun.

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oaklane:
I was never a fan of the Shield but I picked up a plus and can’t believe how much better it is for me. If it’s the same trigger as the Plus, it’ll be a sweet gun.

Same boat here. I had a Shield 1.0 in 9mm and hated it. I recently picked up a Shield Plus on a whim, didn't expect to like it, but it won me over.

I just watched TFB TV's review, and unfortunately the M&P 10's trigger is different than the Shield Plus'. Although it is also flat-faced, it has a heavier pull and longer reset.

The frame & internals are identical to M&P 45, so I'm guessing an Apex trigger kit would work.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Guess that means that I won't need that P320 that will finally come six years after never. Wink

And herein lies the problem for Sig...they've missed the boat. Everyone else has one now, and nobody needs them.

I don't like M&Ps, and I don't like XDs. I don't think they're bad guns, but neither of them do anything for me. I am ok with Glocks, but as a reloader I can't justify a gun that bulges expensive, hard to source brass and won't shoot cast bullets. Plus the G20/29 are kinda huge.

As such, I'm still waiting on the 10mm P320. It may never happen, but even if it does, Sig is going to be playing catch-up in an already saturated market.

Posts: 8388 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've been feeling a 10MM itch lately I just have no idea why.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 40 in 10mm a few years ago and enjoyed it. It was going to be my new deer hunting pistol as Ohio can use straight walled cartridges on top of shotgun slugs for hunting.
Never used it for deer hunting and eventually sold it.
This looks interesting and I've always kinda liked M&P's.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
28 ozs for a 10 mm is quite light. The recoil should be unique, I'll stick with my 44 oz Sig.

Virtually the same weight as a Glock 20 which is a pleasure to shoot.

I like that it is optics ready.

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
[A]n already saturated market.

You make some good points, but there is another side to that situation.
I may be in the minority, but I would not purchase a 10mm Glock or this latest offering by S&W because I don’t have enough need or desire for a pistol chambered for the cartridge for me to hold my nose and ignore what I don’t like about those guns. A P320, though? Without any hesitation—except for one thing, and that’s availability of ammunition. And not just any ammunition, but ammunition that’s not just a little more potent than the cases of 40 S&W cartridges that I already own and have guns for.

(FWIW, at one time I would have purchased a 10mm P220 if I had been able to find one with the proper combination of features, and that caveat would also apply to any future purchase of a 10mm P320. Offered only with elevated sights? Nope, not for me.)

If the market is “saturated,” then that means there’s a greater likelihood it would also be possible to find loads worthy of the 10mm Auto’s reputation for power.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
except for one thing, and that’s availability of ammunition. And not just any ammunition, but ammunition that’s not just a little more potent than the cases of 40 S&W cartridges that I already own and have guns for.

(FWIW, at one time I would have purchased a 10mm P220 if I had been able to find one with the proper combination of features, and that caveat would also apply to any future purchase of a 10mm P320.)

I reload, so availability of specific loads doesn't really bother me. So long as I can get brass, bullets, and primers, I can make what I want. I have plenty of guns that have never eaten a round of factory ammo, so that wouldn't be out of the norm for me.

Sig's ability to provide the options that I want IS a factor, though. I was excited about the 10mm P220, but when they released it, it was only sold as an upmarket model, such as the Legion, Elite, camo-hunter-extravaganza, etc. I just wanted a basic gun, as I don't want to/can't afford to spend a bunch extra on the "upgrades" that come with those models. But Sig never offered a basic 10mm Nitron P220. If you wanted one you had to pay for the extra fluff. Looking at their 2021 catalog, that's a disease that seems to have spread to the entire product line. It's hard to find just a basic gun anymore...the marketing idiots are trying to shove "battleworn" finishes, optics cuts (often pre-filled with their re-branded Chinese optics that I'm sure they're making 90% markup on), and "x-grips" down our throats, to the point that the affordable base model Nitron guns are nowhere to be found.

I hope this isn't the case with the 10mm, if they ever release it, as I want just a basic compact model P320, maybe with night sights (I do like the prominent green front dot that they put on their "x-ray" sights). It'll be a woods gun, so size and weight are key, and I don't want a bunch of extra stuff hanging off of it.

Posts: 8388 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post