SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any dealings with sigsauergunsales.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any dealings with sigsauergunsales.com Login/Join 
Picture of Udo
posted
A web search led to an interesting used gun. Site required payment by Zelle. When I got ready to finalize I was given a man’s name attached to a @gmail.com account and a request for a screenshot of the payment. I got nervous and stopped. Has anyone had a good exchange with them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Udo,

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Scam

Q

Posts: 26479 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The emperor scorpion 1911 that they have pictured is from Sportsman's Outdoors.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Guys, all these scumbags operate the same way.

1- The website names always look legit, sigsauersomething.com, CZsomething.com, Rugersomething.com, etc...
2- They always have everything in stock, even when legit and big vendors are out, and prices are often too good to be true for the current market.
3- Payment is never CC but always by one of the following: Zelle, PayPal F/F, Venmo, CashApp, ApplePay, bitcoin or any of the crypto shit.

Q

Posts: 26479 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Read this thread, please, especially my first and last posts in it:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/9540077884/p/1

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
This was failed attempt to warn people off. Sorry.
Enough said!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Zelle seems to be the scammers payment of choice. I've done a number of recent google searches for hard to find guns that populates what appears to be links to legitimate firearm websites. They typically have inventory on a bunch of scarce guns at fairly reasonable prices, but they will only accept Zelle or Bitcoin...a huge red flag that it's a scam, just like Q pointed out.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Credit cards are the only safe medium of exchange on the internet. Make sure it's a major bank card. DO NOT USE "instant payment" tools.

Posts: 17150 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
DO NOT USE "instant payment" tools.

Pardon my ignorance, but if I understand how it works, I assume that that includes "Google Pay"—?

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47414 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post