SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    firearms-texas.com
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

firearms-texas.com Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone done business with firearms-texas.com?
Thanks

https://firearms-texas.com/

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There’s spelling mistakes and other sketchy things about that website that tells me to stay away.

Maybe someone more tech savvy can look up where it’s hosted.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The simple fact that it takes crypto for payment should make you leery.

Just googling their phone number shows people saying it’s a scam.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8173 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The “About Us” section starts talking about Impact Guns? That’s a real website and well known online.

WTF?

Stay the hell away from this site!

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of them or bought from them. They either have one hell of an inventory or a bad website inventory system. Almost all guns they show say somewhere between 5-10 people have bought one within the last 30 minutes.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8758 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I think I will stay away from this one!!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Something you guys need to consider is that every time you ask about one of these places, you drive traffic to that website. People looking at this thread click on your link. You are sending people to what is possibly a scam.

Naturally, the question members would ask is "If we can't ask about it here, where can we ask about it?"

I have no answer for that question, but you need to consider the possibility that when you ask about places like this, you're driving traffic to a questionable site. The one we're talking about now certainly is suspect.

I see more and more of these questions lately, and I would rather not see these questions here at all. I realize none of you mean any harm, but think about what you're doing when you post this stuff, please.

The fact that you have to ask at all is your first clue that it's not legit. You should be able to do a quick search online and find out the reputation of any vendor. If you can't find anything, well, that's a big clue.

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Understood!
Thanks

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the Texas Pawn & Jewelry store. They are a real brick and mortar pawn shop that also sells firearms. The website appears to be an attempt by them to appear like a contemporary shooting sports outfit.

Here is their main website. Same physical address as the website you posted.

http://www.texaspawnandjewelry.com/

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
The website appears to be an attempt by them to appear like a contemporary shooting sports outfit.
Well, where are the pics of the bearded gun-bros with tight t-shirts stretched over their copious tats? That's a requirement these days.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe this is the Texas Pawn & Jewelry store. They are a real brick and mortar pawn shop that also sells firearms. The website appears to be an attempt by them to appear like a contemporary shooting sports outfit.

Here is their main website. Same physical address as the website you posted.

Phone numbers are different, even the area code.

http://www.texaspawnandjewelry.com/

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
The website appears to be an attempt by them to appear like a contemporary shooting sports outfit.
Well, where are the pics of the bearded gun-bros with tight t-shirts stretched over their copious tats? That's a requirement these days.

They are hoping a few stop in after they see the slick new website.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Well I was going to say I would go stop in tomorrow to check them out. I highly doubt a pawn shop has the inventory they are showing on the website. Unfortunately they are closed on Sundays.

Posts: 8758 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phone numbers are different, even the area code.
Anybody can get a phone number in any area code no matter where they live these days. It is no longer a clue to their physical location. The sole exceptions are those ACs that are tapped out, like 212 in NYC, and even then there is no technical reason against it, just that all the numbers are already subscribed.

Posts: 6795 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No gun-bros, no moolah. That's my policy

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
If they don't take credit cards, they're a scam. End of story.

They do take credit cards!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
As for the pawn shop business they are legit and have three locations. The question is whether the website asked about is really them as it shows ties to them. Actually looks like a pretty good pawn shop so I will check them out when I get a chance and inquire about the gun website.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No gun-bros, no moolah. That's my policy

It’s tough getting a bone-a-fide operator type into a place called Pawn & Jewelry even for a photo shoot.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure when you go to the pawn shop and ask about the scam website it won’t be theirs.

Scammer’s trying real hard with the site to scam people into thinking it’s real. The pawnshop already has a website.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8173 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post