SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Was anyone expecting a new pistol from Steyr?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Was anyone expecting a new pistol from Steyr? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any chance we can find out if the much requested trapezoidal night sights are on that MF? If so and it lives up to its ancestors I'd consider carrying it after some field runs. I love my M9a1.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Trapezoidal sights are standard on the A2 series, similar to the A1.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Die neue Mutterblume, ja?

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trapezoidal sights, yes. Trapezoidal night sights, no.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Hey Steyr ... wanna make me a happy camper ??

Offer those awesome trapezoidal sights in a tritium filled configuration. That would please me immensely.

Edit ** Great minds think alike.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll happily throw my lesser mind into the pile.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Man, that’s sweet.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

That sucks.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
With the advertising slogan that says, There's a New MF in Town, somehow I doubt it

Agree. Maybe Samuel L. Jackson will help with the marketing campaign.

Posts: 17218 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

That sucks.

You can get standard 3 dot sights as an option, I believe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: reloader-1,

Posts: 2322 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

That sucks.

You can get standard 3 dor sights as an option, I believe.

Sweet!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Nice. Wonder if this guy wants one?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting but could do w/o the rail.

Still kick myself in the butt for not buying a couple of Steyrs when CDNN was giving them away 15 years ago.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Looks interesting but could do w/o the rail.

Couldn’t agree more but manufacturers are rail happy these days, slapping them on target pistols and even subcompacts.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my L9-A1, wish they’d make higher cap mags for the S9-A1. If they release an S9-A1 MF with higher capacity mags my p30SK will be out of a job

Posts: 3370 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I have M9A1 mags for my S9. They don’t fit flush, but they do fit.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I want flush fit mags. And have you seen the mags the S9 comes with? They look like Clinton ban era mags, I don’t get why they do that

Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Yeah, I want flush fit mags. And have you seen the mags the S9 comes with? They look like Clinton ban era mags, I don’t get why they do that

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but those "Clinton ban era looking mags" as you describe them, were reduced capacity mags. The S9A1 was made for 12 rounders. I remember reading that on a Steyr forum. Again, if I'm mistaking, someone please correct me.

posted Hide Post
It has that big plastic piece at the bottom like the 10 rounders had in the ban days. It totally looks like they could bump the mag capacity.
I’ve read that people will buy the .40 mags and put 9mm followers and springs in them to get a few extra rounds. (The .40 mags look like standard magazines)