SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Was anyone expecting a new pistol from Steyr?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Was anyone expecting a new pistol from Steyr? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Looks pretty sweet to me, but I’ve always been a closet Steyr fan Wink

https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/...ms/a2-mf-pistol.html

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Man, I sure wasn't. I wish they'd get rid of the safety in the face of the trigger, though.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
MF is a poor name. It is likely a language idiom unknown to Steyr.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Am I reading this correctly that there is a modular chassis of some type?

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it to me. Their fire control group is legally the gun.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Wonder if it accepts M9-A1 mags? Time to head over to the Shot Show thread and see if an attendee can make this inquiry...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
MF is a poor name.

Oh, I dunno... Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I’m excited about this, been a Steyr fan for years. Interchangeable grips is a plus.

https://youtu.be/U1RPk60q8ZQ

Posts: 2323 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
"That's it. That's my Bad MF"

Posts: 3501 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
"That's it. That's my Bad MF"

Which wallet is yours?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
I actually got to handle the prototype a few weeks ago, but was sworn to absolute secrecy. I hope to have a T&E pistol to review in the next month or so.
While I didn't get a chance to fire it (I might get a chance after SHOT), I have to say - I like it.

Yes, for lack of a better term - it's a Steyr 320. It's a L9-A1 with removable FCU.
(Steyr alleges that it held the original patent for the removable FCU/modular pistol idea, and that others copied it. Not sure if the lawsuit has settled yet.)

I am 98% certain it takes the classic -A1 magazines.

And no, there was no language barrier in calling this the MF - Modular Frame. Marketing at it's best. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post

Marketing Big Grin

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
If it accepts the older A1 mags, I’ll be first in line to buy the M9-A2 model. The grip on the A1 model was my only gripe - too slippery, the circular emblem cutout dug into my hand and no trigger guard undercut. Those complaints appear to have been remedied. I hope I can use my DPMS recoil rod from my A1 model and the Ranger precision brass weight as the forward frame looks dimensionally unchanged.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
An optic ready version would seal the deal!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
It is likely a language idiom unknown to Steyr.

With the advertising slogan that says, There's a New MF in Town, somehow I doubt it. Wink

Q

Posts: 26318 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat. What a tremendous engineering company handicapped by a lack of, or poor, marketing. I bought an M40A1 years ago and have always really liked it. I know the guns have always been somewhat popular in their own right, but not like they should be.

Posts: 5157 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Couple of additional videos up on YTube. Fondling reviews all look positive thus far. Curious what the circular protrusion is on both sides at the front base of the triggerguard?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Couple of additional videos up on YTube. Fondling reviews all look positive thus far. Curious what the circular protrusion is on both sides at the front base of the triggerguard?

Lanyard ring. Big Grin

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post