SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Should I trade or sell my Glock 43 for a P365?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I trade or sell my Glock 43 for a P365? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
P365X to be specific.

I have a glock 42, 43, 43x and 48. I really like them all but my 43 just sets in the safe. I carry the others depending on dress, climate, where I’m going, etc.

For some time I have really wanting a 365X with a WC grip module.

Obviously, I’d like to trade but selling my 43 and buying the 365x would work, too.

What do my buddies here have to say? I’ve been talking myself out of it for quite some time but now I keep thinking about it.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If the funds are not an issue, I'd recommend getting the P365X, and THEN deciding if you want to sell the Glock 43. Otherwise, I'd try to make arrangements to rent/borrow a P365X so you can shoot both together and make an informed decision.

That said, I can HIGHLY recommend the P365X, or a P365 w/ the P365XL Grip Module... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes! A WC XL module.

Cash is an issue. I have all of these handguns so I can see keeping what I have but never use. I can justify selling one to fund another.

I have shot several 365s and love them. I have never shot one with a WC module but it looks like it would fit me like a glove.

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
If the funds are not an issue, I'd recommend getting the P365X, and THEN deciding if you want to sell the Glock 43. Otherwise, I'd try to make arrangements to rent/borrow a P365X so you can shoot both together and make an informed decision.

That said, I can HIGHLY recommend the P365X, or a P365 w/ the P365XL Grip Module... Cool

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
P365X to be specific.

I have a glock 42, 43, 43x and 48. I really like them all but my 43 just sets in the safe. I carry the others depending on dress, climate, where I’m going, etc.

For some time I have really wanting a 365X with a WC grip module.

Obviously, I’d like to trade but selling my 43 and buying the 365x would work, too.

What do my buddies here have to say? I’ve been talking myself out of it for quite some time but now I keep thinking about it.

I have a 43, 43X, 365 and 365X.

In all honesty, I would not sell my 43 for either 365 version. For me, the 43 carries and shoots better than the 365. I have Magguts +2 in my 43 mags, so it’s 8+1. The Glock 43 is my default for AIWB and I carry a spare mag for it.

Where I do like the regular P365 is for replacing the J frame in pocket applications. 10+1 in the pocket is helpful since I don’t carry a spare mag in those situations.

If I was in your situation, I’d unload the 42 and keep the 43.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have both the 43X and the 365X and the 365X edges the Glock out in size and capacity, not to mention the superior trigger.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Shoot one first. I had a 365 for a bit, and it just didn't work well for me. I had a hard time getting a solid purchase on the skinny grip and the trigger rubbed my finger raw under recoil. I managed to make it work with a Hogue grip sleeve, but ultimately ended up getting rid of the gun. It's a good shooting gun, but not for everybody.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree you should shoot one first, but I say do it. 43 size, double stack capacity.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t speak for the 365x but I haven’t touched my 43 since I got the 365.

If you can get a decent price for your 43 I would do it.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd dump the 43X, get the P365X and be done with it.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Can’t speak for the 365x but I haven’t touched my 43 since I got the 365.

If you can get a decent price for your 43 I would do it.

I sold my 43 shortly after getting my 365.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if you sell the Glock outright, you'll probably get more money for it.

If you trade it in at a gun shop, you're not going to get the most you can for it. Remember, they want to re-sell it to make $.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely you should take a 365X out for a test spin before selling off any of your four likely candidates. But I'm going to take a wild stab and say that you'll really be impressed by the SIG. However I'm not sure the 43 is the one that ought to go.

quote:
I'd dump the 43X, get the P365X and be done with it

That's kind of how I see it as well. With what can be accomplished capacity-wise with Shield Arms magazines, it seems to me that it's the 43X that's actually the one Glock that duplicates and mirrors the most the capabilities of a P365X, and not the smaller and less expandable 43. So unless you really want two different models of guns from opposing manufacturers that are more alike than not, I'd say sell the 43X, which BTW these days is in considerably more demand than than the 43, and make even more money at a better margin to better fund the 365X that you're craving.

The argument for keeping the 43: if you were to buy the Shield Arms 9 round mags for the 43, that would almost get you the same firepower as a standard P365 with its 10 round magazines in a very comparably sized firearm to the base P365. So it's pretty much like owning a P365X and a P365 for differing carrying scenarios, except the latter is actually a Glock with aftermarket magazines.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
I'd dump the 43X, get the P365X and be done with it.

Yes, definitely get rid of that redundancy. Got rid of my 43X, right after I got the original P365. Smaller/easier to pocket for the same amount of firepower, plus easier to shoot, that decision was easy.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should I trade or sell my Glock 43 for a P365?

Yes, yes you should Smile

OK in all seriousness, I've owned a 43 and 43X and the P365 is a superior platform for me (note I said me). I would estimate 95% of my carry is either one of my P365XLs or P365. These pistols shoot amazingly well for their size and are easy to conceal.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I figured out years ago I was a minority on these gun forums....

My simple answer is buy the 365 and also keep the 43. I'm not even a Glock fan but why would you get rid of a gun just because you don't shoot it?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
why would you get rid of a gun just because you don't shoot it?

Because it's nothing more than an asset and if it's not being used, why not sell it, take the $$ and put it towards something you actually will shoot.

Some folks hold onto guns for their life and never sell them. Some other folks (like me) buy, sell and trade on a regular basis. There are always a few guns in my safe that I'd be willing to sell off or use as trade material. There are a few that aren't easily replaced and aren't on that list but guns that can easily be replaced are essentially "always for sale".

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
My simple answer is buy the 365 and also keep the 43. I'm not even a Glock fan but why would you get rid of a gun just because you don't shoot it?

I get rid of guns that are redundant or I don't shoot because I don't really need it taking up space. My safe stays packed, and I don't really need/want to get another safe. A Glock, especially a G43, is not a collector's item that I feel obligated to keep around if I'm not using it anymore.

With that said, I held on to my G43 long after buying the original P365. I just shot the G43 better back then, but that changed after I put more rounds through the P365. I finally ended up selling the G43 when I decided I just didn't need it anymore. I still haven't given up the G26 though.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:
why would you get rid of a gun just because you don't shoot it?

Because it's nothing more than an asset and if it's not being used, why not sell it, take the $$ and put it towards something you actually will shoot.

Some folks hold onto guns for their life and never sell them. Some other folks (like me) buy, sell and trade on a regular basis. There are always a few guns in my safe that I'd be willing to sell off or use as trade material. There are a few that aren't easily replaced and aren't on that list but guns that can easily be replaced are essentially "always for sale".

I understand your (y'all's) point and don't fault it, my problem is I don't have the time or energy to get rid of somewhere between 60 and 70 guns.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Some other folks (like me) buy, sell and trade on a regular basis. There are always a few guns in my safe that I'd be willing to sell off or use as trade material. There are a few that aren't easily replaced and aren't on that list but guns that can easily be replaced are essentially "always for sale".

I suspect this pattern applies to a lot of gun enthusiasts. Unlike the owner who is primarily interested in functional utility, the collector/hobbyist may purchase a particular firearm for its historical significance, to upgrade an example in their collection or to simply try out the latest industry offering. It would be impossible for me to scratch my gun itch if I didn't occasionally sell or trade guns to finance different ones. Fortunately, firearms are one of the few consumer products which retain enough value to afford the owner this opportunity.

PS: I prefer the P365 over the Glock 43X. I recently upgraded my P365 to the 12-round X configuration with the addition of an XL grip module and flat trigger.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
All of the Glocks you listed are great guns but you do have some overlap if we're talking strictly functionality. I had a 43 and a 48. I sold the 48, kept the 43 and bought a P365XL, then picked up a 365 complete upper so I've got a short barrel, short grip (43), a short barrel, long grip (365X) and a long barrel, long grip (P365XL). I've thought about selling the 43, but it's such a neat little gun, I haven't been able to do that yet.

Of course that's my situation, but since you asked I'd say sell the 48 and get a P365XL which would give all of the grip size/barrel length options. Or if finances allow, just keep them all and add a P365X or P365XL

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post