SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a nice P225
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a nice P225 Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Damn fine acquisitions Mars and got2hav.

Love me some P225!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6334 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistols Gents!!!

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Otto, this is my other P225 1989 older slide style

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2775 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:

Damn, there’s my missing Nills. Lemme send you my address so you can send em back my way, appreciate the hell out of you finding em! Big Grin

Posts: 6334 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I've got multiples in the P225 realm, so as long as we're showing the love, here's a Mongage Suisse for your viewing pleasure... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8927 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some fine looking P225s in this thread. I've owned and shot a variety of the classic P22Xs, and while I was given the opportunity to shoot a P225, I've never owned one.

I'm aware of the P225/ P6 hammer difference, but not different slide types. What differences are there in the slide types?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I'm aware of the P225/ P6 hammer difference, but not different slide types. What differences are there in the slide types?

MDS,

Got2hav1 can correct me but I assumed he was talking about the beveled slide vs a more rounded one. It also has a much smaller slide catch notch cut into it.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

MDS,

Got2hav1 can correct me but I assumed he was talking about the beveled slide vs a more rounded one. It also has a much smaller slide catch notch cut into it.

That's right the bevel on the top of the slide and smaller slide notch can be seen on the one above(from 1989) vs the first 225 I posted(1990).

Posts: 2775 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:

MDS,

quote:
That's right the bevel on the top of the slide and smaller slide notch can be seen on the one above(from 1989) vs the first 225 I posted(1990).

Thanks fellas! So, the P226 is my strong point, and I've tracked some of the design changes on this model in previous posts.

So, based on your descriptions, it sounds like the slide bevelling the P226 originally had was also applied to the P225, with later years moving towards a more curved profile.

It would be interesting to compare manufacturing years between the P225 and P226 and see if the design changes overlap.

Some real sharp P225s pictured in this thread. Always wanted a P225/ P6 for the collection, plus I enjoyed shooting the one P225 I had the chance to try... but it looks like that ship is sailing fast.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Looks nice.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Update on the P228. I got this one from a forum member. The gun had a broken locking block. We talked about it and I was satisfied he didn't know it was broken. He volunteered to pay for a block if I could find one. I ordered one and installed it today. I added a new trigger, trigger pin, and trigger bar, some springs and new grip screws. She is ready to go to the range now. Shout out to airbubba for steppin up. A trusted seller and great fellow to deal with. I am happy with the purchase. Thanks K. Smile

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only P225 left in my collection.

Q

Posts: 26433 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
That one is certainly worthy. What trigger is that I see several set screws?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
That one is certainly worthy. What trigger is that I see several set screws?

This one is a The Attic import. Previous overseas owner put in a trigger stop. And presumably, his initials are GR.

Q

Posts: 26433 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Update on the P228. I got this one from a forum member. The gun had a broken locking block. We talked about it and I was satisfied he didn't know it was broken. He volunteered to pay for a block if I could find one. I ordered one and installed it today. I added a new trigger, trigger pin, and trigger bar, some springs and new grip screws. She is ready to go to the range now. Shout out to airbubba for steppin up. A trusted seller and great fellow to deal with. I am happy with the purchase. Thanks K. Smile

you're welcome, m!!

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Range test on the P228. She shoots pretty good. I did have some light strikes though. The gun was pretty gunked up all over so I suspect the firing pin components are in need of cleaning or replacing. I will dig into that later. Felt good to have a P228 in hand. Big Grin Might be time to replace the backstop, what'd you think!