New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 MS Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Anyone who knows me on this forum knows that I am a fan of guns that have a hammer due to experience when I was in the Army with a 228.

That said, I am seriously considering a 365 MS (Manual Safety) for daily carry.

Currently, I carry a cocked and locked 938, but the opportunity to carry something equally small and light with 13 rounds in it is really appealing.

Anyone have any experience with this gun? Like it, hate it? Agnostic?

It looks like a fantastic gun to me, but I'm interested in actual experience.

Thanks for your input.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12781 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have an SAS model, no manual safety.

I prefer my P938. I shoot the 938 way better, and with my not-so-good manual dexterity, the 938 is much easier for me to take down (and reassemble) for cleaning.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying a 365 with a manual safety for the past year. I am totally satisfied with it. It replaced a S&W 669 and a Walther PP.

I like Ayoob's writings on safeties. He thinks they have saved lives.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I got rid of my P938 after I got a P365. It was no contest for me between the two.

If you prefer a hammer fired micro-9, then consider the S&W CSW or possibly the FN Reflex, which looks like a striker gun but is technically internally hammer fired.

I have P365s with & w/o manual safety. I prefer the MS version myself.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My P365 has no manual safety, and that is how I prefer it to be, YMMV.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I love my 365 short and actually shoot it better than one ones with the bigger grips and longer slides. I don't have a MS but I don't carry IWB. Try one, I think you might like it!!! I had a 938 and sold it.

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No 365 but a Hellcat Pro with manual safety. Safety on when out of the holster and when I put it into the holster. Once safely holstered in a properly fitted, rigid holster I click off the safety. Then if I need the gun in a hurry, its draw and shoot. Prior to removing the gun from the holster the safety gets put on. My main safety concerns with striker guns is admin handling and holstering / unholstering.
Easy habit to get into.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
My daily carry is the 365MS with 12-round mag. I love it, and I'm a hammer guy!

Posts: 4589 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying the XL MS version for over two years now.
Shoots really well and like the MS idea.
I've added the Magguts +2 kit so mine is carrying a total of 15 rounds with only a tiny bit extra mag length (maybe 1/8"). Seems to function flawlessly.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several different models all with manual safeties. I have never used the manual safety.

Required in my state.

I have been daily carrying a P365 almost since it was released.

My most carried model is the one with an XL grip and a SAS slide in a Desantis pocket holster.

I traded a regular slide for the SAS.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a P365 with safety a few months ago and have over 400rds already; the little blaster is just FUN to shoot, even with the low profile 10rd mag (I pocket carry)!
I've been shooting and carrying concealed for over 30 years now, and consider a safety essential for triggers of less than 8 lb. 'Back in the day', a 1911 with a 5lb trigger was widely considered to be the best carry setup. The early Glocks had a DA revolver-like 8lb trigger, but market forces caused them to lighten the trigger, which influenced other makers of striker-fired pistols, so that nowadays, 3-4lb triggers without a safety is popular.

Pete Sheppard
Powder smoke: The smell of FREEDOM!

Posts: 8 | Location: Birmingham AL | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My review:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/9950092374/p/1

Since then I am perfectly content with the manual safety, and prefer having it for the way I carry the pistol.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I have MS on both of my 365's. The carry fits in a pocket, so I want a safety on it. The HD one I will be grabbing out of a sleep. I want to ensure that I'm awake enough to flip the safety off.

Posts: 528 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
possibly the FN Reflex, which looks like a striker gun but is technically internally hammer fired.

Interesting, I didn't realize the FN was hammer-fired. I just did some digging online...am I understanding correctly that it's basically a single-action design, with no decocker or manual safety (or exposed hammer, for that matter)?

Posts: 8575 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I believe it has a hinged trigger which is supposed to be a safety feature. It may keep the gun from firing when dropped, but I don't think it prevents NDs if the trigger gets snagged on something.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...am I understanding correctly that it's basically a single-action design, with no decocker or manual safety (or exposed hammer, for that matter)?

It's like the LCP in this regard, only in 9mm. Hickok45 seems to be smitten by the FN, particularly by its grip right out of the box and the smoothness of its trigger.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I love the manual safety on my 365X.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34122 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like hammer fired guns over striker fired guns, which to me feels like a stapler. If and when FN offers a Reflex with a manual safety, that’s what I will buy. The reflex looks good, but for me carrying a single action pistol cocked with no safety makes no sense.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 365X. The best carry gun that works for me. When I bought it from my dealer, he did not have the MS model. Would I buy one with it? Yes I would. BTW, I'd buy the 365X, it has the same 3.1" barrel as the 365 but with the XL grip and the flat trigger. I had a 365 and went to the X, much better in all ways.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 01, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigAl22:
I have a 365X. The best carry gun that works for me. When I bought it from my dealer, he did not have the MS model. Would I buy one with it? Yes I would. BTW, I'd buy the 365X, it has the same 3.1" barrel as the 365 but with the XL grip and the flat trigger. I had a 365 and went to the X, much better in all ways.

It's stupid easy to install the manual safety on a 365.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34122 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post