SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P7 fans come on in
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P7 fans come on in Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I approve as well. My EDC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Here are some poor photos of my mine.

M8 Chantilly

M13 Chantilly

Last Edition

Jubilee

Police trade in A grade

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll play

Someday, I'll get around to an M13, though they've gotten so expensive, I'd have to work a trade.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Sure wish a firearm manufacturer would do the obvious and remake the pistol, sans the grip safety, with a trigger bar safety instead... and keep it all metal.

I'm sure someone will pipe in and say "but, but that would cost more than polymer". No shit, but the new manufacturer could charge more - evidenced by high prices used P7 models fetch and a revised model could be superior in some ways.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Not exactly a grip safety. Squeezing the grip cocks the action and releasing it de-cocks the action. Also, it releases the slide if it is locked back after a mag change.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pictures of your HK P7 Parabellum. I think it is one of the most aesthetic pistol designed.

HK could remake just as Colt remade the Python but probably the Marketing Department says it would interfere with current production models. "Marketing" sometimes these folks have little imagination and innovation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I'll play.
Please tell me about the magazine -- is that a CCR refinish?
Here's my P7 story. It was quite a while ago, maybe ten years or so, that Steve (dancing tomato) had some for sale. I organized a group of four, three friends and me, to each buy a P7 from Steve. My first nice holster was the first P7 holster that Ryan Grizzle made.

I really liked that P7, but as prices for these kept going up, I sold mine, in a moment of incredible stupidity, almost immediately followed by seller's remorse. I really regretted selling that pistol.

Then, about a year ago, I did a few favors for one of the other guys in the gang of four who made the group purchase. He was not as crazy about the pistol as I was, so he offered to trade it to me for a P938. I took him up on the offer, and now have a P7 just like the one that I stupidly sold. I have no intention of selling this one, ever, but I will be revising my will soon, for other reasons, and I will include the disposition of this pistol in the revised will.

As of now, I would like to find one or two more magazines; I had a few, but sold them when I sold the first P7.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A question for you P7 shooters: What type ammunition do you find is the most reliable for this pistol?

I have a hazy memory of somebody suggesting 124 gr NATO. Any thoughts on this?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A question for you P7 shooters: What type ammunition do you find is the most reliable for this pistol?

I have a hazy memory of somebody suggesting 124 gr NATO. Any thoughts on this?

Mine have shot all bullet weights reliably but I have never tried 147 gr.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll play

Someday, I'll get around to an M13, though they've gotten so expensive, I'd have to work a trade.

I owned one just like yours back in the 90's. Same markings and magazine release. Mine , when clambering a round, would slightly dent the back of each magazine, each time more and more. I bought and tried 2 extra magazines with the same result.

The P7/PM13 are good guns, but call me blasphemous, but I wasn't as smitten with mine.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
… It was quite a while ago, maybe ten years or so, that Steve (dancing tomato) had some for sale...

I also purchased one of the PSP’s from Steve, a “Grade B”. Seem to recall it was about $575? A little foggy and don’t remember exactly.

About three months later a LGS had a used P7M8 in their case for $750. I snapped it up, excellent condition with two mags but no box. Picked up two more new mags for $45 each, so have total of four.

I then sold the PSP, for a profit. “Upgrading” to the P7M8 only cost me about $50 out of pocket, and the LGS gave you a month’s free range pass with purchase, so essentially it didn’t cost me a thing.

And I love the ad HK did…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10913 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, that's hard chrome plating. I bought a pair of these from a guy in the late 1990s, about the same time I bought the PSP.
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I owned one just like yours back in the 90's. Same markings and magazine release. Mine , when clambering a round, would slightly dent the back of each magazine, each time more and more. I bought and tried 2 extra magazines with the same result.
That pistol should have gone back to H&K for service.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've had a bunch over the years, I never keep them.
This is the last one I had

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
P7s are great guns. I bought a PSP from CDNN when they were blowing them out for $500 or so. Accurate, a good trigger, ergonomic (even if they look a little odd uncocked) and ONE control aside from the trigger. Cocking lever, drop safety, manual safety and slide release all rolled into one. The only change I made was wood grips, which made the feel that much better.

To the question about what weight bullets, mine prefers 124 grain, not that it is inaccurate with 115 and I’ve heard they can be finicky with 147.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
There are some nice pics of some very nice P7s in this thread. This is my favorite, it was plated by the Robar company, there is a lifetime warranty on the finish in the box with all the papers, tools and test target. Not sure if the previous owner had this done or the importer, it appeared unfired. I like this version of the P7 series with the recessed mag release the best. The later P7M series with the longer trigger guard never looked as good to me.

And this is my first P7M8, it was one of the German police imports that had the ugly grind mark on the slide. I sent the slide off to Ford's and they did an awesome job, it looks perfect. About a year later I sent the frame and some mags off to be plated. At the time over 20 years ago, it was the first two-tone P7 I had seen on the Internet. I have shot this one quite a bit and the plastic heat shield doesn't do much in the summer, it still gets pretty hot after a few mags.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
One of my personal favorites. I continue to be on the hunt for one.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
No, that's hard chrome plating. I bought a pair of these from a guy in the late 1990s, about the same time I bought the PSP.
quote:

I had given up on HK customer service, after gone through having a HK4 repaired previously..

But you are correct,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I had given up on HK customer service, after gone through having a HK4 repaired previously..

But you are correct,

To be fair back in the day “you really did suck and HK did indeed hate you.” Smile.

That said they are phenomenal these days and have been for a while.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7630 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
One of the last ones.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
When Cabelas began selling former German police issued P7s for $500.00 ("A" Condition with box and accessories), I knew a good deal when I saw it. I bought four of these. One was hardchromed and I passed that on to a judge friend of mine that still carries it. Two, I kept "as is" and bought a few extra magazines for, and the last one (which had a finish that had turned purple) I sent off to Robar and had it finished in Np3. I also had new tritium vials inserted in the front and rear sights. I doubt I'll ever give these extraordinary pistols up.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post