SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The year is 1983. Pick a pistol.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The year is 1983. Pick a pistol. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92 , but my buddy still has the old 226 I had also.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
BHP

First thing that came to mind for me. Somehow completely forgot about every other possible option out there. But I guess I looked at it from the perspective of what had been out and proven by that point. A lot thats popular today was the new kid on the block then.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to go Browning hi-power from that time frame

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
HK P9

I’ll agree with this one. Love the P9s

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assuming the "team" doesn't have an "A" in the name yet wanting to maintain plausible deniability I'd go with the Walther P38.

Posts: 91 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hi Power.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92. Or a Smith and Wesson .357 revolver.
I wouldn't be familiar with anything else at that time.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39755 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
BHP

This is the correct answer.

Ask the SAS. Smile

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BHP, without a doubt.

Posts: 117 | Location: Schererville, IN | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Power.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Probably the Beretta 92. Might have considered the SIG 220, but 1983 was the start of the Wonder Nine era, so the Beretta probably would have gotten the nod.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Interesting that no one has said 1911 yet. As someone pointed out, 9mm ammo wasn't that great back then.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Interesting that no one has said 1911 yet. As someone pointed out, 9mm ammo wasn't that great back then.

OP said no 1911's.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

jljones specifically excluded the 1911 from this survey, that's why. Also it's why I haven't posted any pistol here. I was pretty familiar with all the available handguns in the early 1980's and fairly adept with many of them, including the BHP. Nothing was as impressive at that time as the Colt 1911 in .45ACP.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9159 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
In 1983, I already had experience with a BHP, Beretta and Sig 226. I finally settled on the the Sig 226, which I still own, by the way.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
P225, the one I had at that time and still do!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
BHP for the win!

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
quote:

OP said no 1911's.

Totally missed that. Carry on.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post