SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wife picked her first CCW pistol a P365 and guess what ? The dead trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife picked her first CCW pistol a P365 and guess what ? The dead trigger Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
First, there is nothing wrong with you posting this, it is as it should be. Not negative, just the facts with your opinion.

Now with that said, later on you posted that this was the worst time for the pistol to fail... I have to take exception to that... I think it was the absolute best time for it to fail if it was going to... why is pretty obvious.

I'm actually amazed that semi-autos don't break more often.... case hardened steel parts are very brittle and can snap. I once bought a slide lock lever for one of my P226's thinking I could bend it a little so that it stuck out further (yes I know) just for a malfunction test I needed to take... all I did was break it when I tried to bend it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted Hide Post
Agreed, better to fail on the range than when attacked, I didnt take your post to be agressive, sorry if I came off with that response. It's the internet, no sense of facial expressions or inflection / tonality here.

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
In retrospect I do see one reason why it was not a good time... all the trouble you went through to convince your wife to be prepared and then on the 5th trial shot a pistol that is supposed to be top of the line breaks.... I would be totally pissed. but then I was changing out a trigger on a P226 this weekend (not the first time I've done this) and locked the thing down to where I thought for sure it was going to have to go to Sig. After a day thinking and fretting on it..I decided to challenge myself and I took the entire pistol apart and then learned to put everything back ... and fixed it.

Yes, please let us know what went wrong and what Sig did.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Verdict was broken trigger pin as per sig repair sheet, Sig tested with 147 gr FMJ, sent back. Taking it out tomorrow to test it out again.

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally understand how you would be irritated by this occurrence. I know I would be as well.

The silver lining: Sigs exceptional CS and the fast turnaround they provided for the repair.

As mentioned in the other post, it will be interesting to know what the failure was.

Happy and safe shooting to both of you!

Posts: 24 | Location: NW Chicago Suburb | Registered: September 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigsecondsflat:
I totally understand how you would be irritated by this occurrence. I know I would be as well.

The silver lining: Sigs exceptional CS and the fast turnaround they provided for the repair.

As mentioned in the other post, it will be interesting to know what the failure was.

Happy and safe shooting to both of you!

It’s in the post above yours.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would be nice to know how common this might be. The FAST turnaround makes me wonder...

Future recall, Sig "enhancement" coming?

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
No. SIG will just repair the broken pistols as they're sent in.

There won't be a recall. This is not actively dangerous, unlike the P320 drop safety problem. Note, it may be passively dangerous, in that a gun might fire when needed. I don't think they'd see that as a recall necessitating issue.

quote:
Originally posted by Nev:
Would be nice to know how common this might be. The FAST turnaround makes me wonder...

Future recall, Sig "enhancement" coming?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by King of Useless Knowledge:
Verdict was broken trigger pin as per sig repair sheet, Sig tested with 147 gr FMJ, sent back. Taking it out tomorrow to test it out again.

King, were you able to get out and test the P365?

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hopefully it's good to go for your wife. I hope she's not too discouraged.

I just bought one today and will run some 147gr. through it soon.

Posts: 9 | Registered: November 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
250 rounds of Blazer brass 115 grain through it and zero issues. Sig runs like a champ and now the holster hunt begins.

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Glad Sig fixed the issue.

What kind of holster are you considering?

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I have two holsters for my P365; my front pocket, and a Crossbreed Mini Super-Tuck. The Crossbreed is completely awesome, though I doubt it would be that great of a choice for a female unless she wears jeans all of the time!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I carry my 365 in the front pocket of my cargo shorts with a Sticky brand #5 pocket holster, and on my belt in a Don Hume JIT. I find both to be comfortable, effective, and very reasonable in price.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
250 rounds of Blazer brass 115 grain through it and zero issues. Sig runs like a champ and now the holster hunt begins.

Check out SCK Silk Custom Kydex on Facebook.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post